RemedySpot.com

Re: Busted for reliogious posts-- TO ALL MEMBBERS-- PLEASE READ!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Terri, I'm glad that you are at least getting some treatment. This is good!

As far as getting "busted" yeah, it might help to add a topic line-- but this isn't always what we need. We have access to a place where any of us can go and talk about the issues--any issues-- and that's the chat rooms.

I think the hardest thing for any of us as moderators to do-- is to have to remind everyone that sensitivity and respect for both those that are believers and non-believers and that each of us has the right to to make a choice in what path we take. If you like the bridge I'm on, I'll show you how to get across it!

I have a very strong spiritual connection that guides me-- and I have learned that what works best for me is that I witness by example, "faith by invitation, not confrontation." is the way that I live.

I also spent years being angry because I was sick, and had I had to deal with others constantly telling me I was sick because my faith wasn't "strong" enough (and I did get that from every direction- work, family, friends) that what happened was I pulled farther away from all that was important--and the wonderful well meaning family members and church family members that were beating me up emotionally with their bibles-- were laying another guilt trip on to the one I was on.

That experience pointed out to me just how important it is to be empathic to where each individual person is.

I do hope that our members can understand, and if not-- tell us what you need. You can email the moderators at Neurosarcoidosis-owner and we'll be happy to discuss this offline.

Blessings to all,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

misc

First of all - Tracie - I was wondering when we were going to get busted for the religious topics. At least we put a warning on it huh? I will have to remember the chat room. I always forget about it but will be mindful of others from now on.

Second - I just wanted to let you guys know, I am starting my first cytoxan treatment tomorrow! Yeah! Woohoo! Yippee! I really feel like I am starting to get somewhere now Baby. My mother-in-law is picking me up at 6:00 am; we are going to breakfast, then the fresh market then 6 hours of treatment. After that, I am going to be treated like the Queen the rest of the weekend. I am going to milk it for everthing I can.

To all whose Birthday's I may have missed, Happy Belated Birthday. It has been a busy month and I am not sure who I have missed.

Well, gotta go clean up as much as I can. I don't want to sit around a dirty house if I am not feeling great.

Love to all.....

Terri G.

Guest guest

Hi, I'm neural when it comes to religious posts, what is important here is beating SARC and improving your life style while forced to live with it. The most important thing is a positive frame of mind, whether it comes from religious beliefs or being plain stubborn, what ever works for you is best. You have to keep mentally strong even on your worst days and keep telling yourself this will pass and I will beat it. If any of you know a good Witch Doctor that was able to heal you, pass it on. I want to beat this darn thing no matter what I have to do. And if religious posts offend you...that is what "delete" is for. stay healthy everyone! Ricktracie feldhaus wrote: Terri, I'm glad that you are at least getting some treatment. This is good! As far as getting "busted" yeah, it might help to add a topic line-- but this isn't always what we need. We have access to a place where any of us can go and talk about the issues--any issues-- and that's the chat rooms. I think the hardest thing for any of us as moderators to do-- is to have to remind everyone that sensitivity and respect for both those that are believers and non-believers and that each of us has the right to to make a choice in what path we take. If you like the bridge I'm on, I'll show you how

to get across it! I have a very strong spiritual connection that guides me-- and I have learned that what works best for me is that I witness by example, "faith by invitation, not confrontation." is the way that I live. I also spent years being angry because I was sick, and had I had to deal with others constantly telling me I was sick because my faith wasn't "strong" enough (and I did get that from every direction- work, family, friends) that what happened was I pulled farther away from all that was important--and the wonderful well meaning family members and church family members that were beating me up emotionally with their bibles-- were laying another guilt trip on to the one I was on. That experience pointed out to me just how important it is to be empathic to where each individual person is. I do hope that our members can understand, and if not--

tell us what you need. You can email the moderators at Neurosarcoidosis-owner and we'll be happy to discuss this offline. Blessings to all, Tracie NS Co-owner/moderator misc First of all - Tracie - I was wondering when we were going to get busted for the religious topics. At least we put a warning on it huh? I will have to remember the chat room. I always

forget about it but will be mindful of others from now on. Second - I just wanted to let you guys know, I am starting my first cytoxan treatment tomorrow! Yeah! Woohoo! Yippee! I really feel like I am starting to get somewhere now Baby. My mother-in-law is picking me up at 6:00 am; we are going to breakfast, then the fresh market then 6 hours of treatment. After that, I am going to be treated like the Queen the rest of the weekend. I am going to milk it for everthing I can. To all whose Birthday's I may have missed, Happy Belated Birthday. It has been a busy month and I am not sure who I have missed. Well, gotta go clean up as much as I can. I don't want to sit around a dirty house if I am not feeling great. Love to all..... Terri G.

Guest guest

I was kind of joking about getting busted but I do completely understand

about having to be respectful of others feelings and beliefs. I guess

what I need to remember is to invite the person to write me privately

but sometimes I forget and just answer away.

Thanks for you gentle reminder....

Terri G.

>

> Terri, I'm glad that you are at least getting some treatment. This is

good!

> As far as getting " busted " yeah, it might help to add a topic line--

but this isn't always what we need. We have access to a place where any

of us can go and talk about the issues--any issues-- and that's the chat

rooms.

> I think the hardest thing for any of us as moderators to do-- is to

have to remind everyone that sensitivity and respect for both those that

are believers and non-believers and that each of us has the right to to

make a choice in what path we take. If you like the bridge I'm on, I'll

show you how to get across it!

> I have a very strong spiritual connection that guides me-- and I have

learned that what works best for me is that I witness by example, " faith

by invitation, not confrontation. " is the way that I live.

> I also spent years being angry because I was sick, and had I had to

deal with others constantly telling me I was sick because my faith

wasn't " strong " enough (and I did get that from every direction- work,

family, friends) that what happened was I pulled farther away from all

that was important--and the wonderful well meaning family members and

church family members that were beating me up emotionally with their

bibles-- were laying another guilt trip on to the one I was on.

> That experience pointed out to me just how important it is to be

empathic to where each individual person is.

> I do hope that our members can understand, and if not-- tell us what

you need. You can email the moderators at

Neurosarcoidosis-owner and we'll be happy to discuss

this offline.

> Blessings to all,

> Tracie

> NS Co-owner/moderator

>

>

>

> misc

>

>

> First of all - Tracie - I was wondering when we were going to get

busted for the religious topics. At least we put a warning on it huh?

I will have to remember the chat room. I always forget about it but

will be mindful of others from now on.

> Second - I just wanted to let you guys know, I am starting my first

cytoxan treatment tomorrow! Yeah! Woohoo! Yippee! I really feel like

I am starting to get somewhere now Baby. My mother-in-law is picking me

up at 6:00 am; we are going to breakfast, then the fresh market then 6

hours of treatment. After that, I am going to be treated like the Queen

the rest of the weekend. I am going to milk it for everthing I can.

> To all whose Birthday's I may have missed, Happy Belated Birthday. It

has been a busy month and I am not sure who I have missed.

> Well, gotta go clean up as much as I can. I don't want to sit around

a dirty house if I am not feeling great.

> Love to all.....

> Terri G.

>

Guest guest

Thanks for understanding.

misc

>

>

>  First of all - Tracie - I was wondering when we were going to get

busted for the religious topics.  At least we put a warning on it huh?

I will have to remember the chat room.  I always forget about it but

will be mindful of others from now on.

> Second - I just wanted to let you guys know, I am starting my first

cytoxan treatment tomorrow!  Yeah!  Woohoo!  Yippee!  I really feel like

I am starting to get somewhere now Baby.  My mother-in-law is picking me

up at 6:00 am; we are going to breakfast, then the fresh market then 6

hours of treatment.  After that, I am going to be treated like the Queen

the rest of the weekend.  I am going to milk it for everthing I can.

> To all whose Birthday's I may have missed, Happy Belated Birthday.  It

has been a busy month and I am not sure who I have missed.

> Well, gotta go clean up as much as I can.  I don't want to sit around

a dirty house if I am not feeling great.

> Love to all.....

> Terri G.

>

------------------------------------

~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

The Neurosarcoidosis Community

NS CHAT:-  FAITH CHAT:    SUNDAY  4PM-5PM EASTERN TIME

CHATROOM LINK: http://www.emxpc.net/chat/index.php

Message Archives:-

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

Members Database:-

Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

Tracie, I know I am new to the group, but in the few months I have been around I have never heard anyone say and unkind word or try to persuade another to their views. Noone has beat anyone over the head with their Bibles. The only times I have seen anyone mention Christian topics is when questions were asked or in response to Christian comments. I am very sorry you had the experiences you listed below. I think the people who would say such things should read their Bibles before they make comments like that. If they did they would have never talked to you that way. Maybe we should start a new group where we are free to talk about everything that is important to us. I am sensing this group we can talk about everything but religion. That's not what I understood your original email to say-- the one that said we all have different beliefs, so if you don't like it just delete it. I guess I misunderstood. Again I apologize if I offended anyone. I never meant to

say anything negative or judgemental to anyone. I meant to be encouraging and supportive. Cathytracie feldhaus wrote: Terri, I'm glad that you are at least getting some treatment. This is good! As far as getting "busted" yeah, it might help to add a topic line-- but this isn't always what we need. We have access to a place where any of us can go and talk about the issues--any

issues-- and that's the chat rooms. I think the hardest thing for any of us as moderators to do-- is to have to remind everyone that sensitivity and respect for both those that are believers and non-believers and that each of us has the right to to make a choice in what path we take. If you like the bridge I'm on, I'll show you how to get across it! I have a very strong spiritual connection that guides me-- and I have learned that what works best for me is that I witness by example, "faith by invitation, not confrontation." is the way that I live. I also spent years being angry because I was sick, and had I had to deal with others constantly telling me I was sick because my faith wasn't "strong" enough (and I did get that from every direction- work, family, friends) that what happened was I pulled farther away from all that was important--and the wonderful well meaning family members

and church family members that were beating me up emotionally with their bibles-- were laying another guilt trip on to the one I was on. That experience pointed out to me just how important it is to be empathic to where each individual person is. I do hope that our members can understand, and if not-- tell us what you need. You can email the moderators at Neurosarcoidosis-owner and we'll be happy to discuss this offline. Blessings to all, Tracie NS Co-owner/moderator misc First of all - Tracie - I was wondering when we were going to get busted for the religious topics. At least we put a warning on it huh? I will have to remember the chat room. I always forget about it but will be mindful of others from now on. Second - I just wanted to let you guys know, I am starting my first cytoxan treatment tomorrow! Yeah! Woohoo! Yippee! I really feel like I am starting to get somewhere now Baby. My mother-in-law is picking me up at 6:00 am; we are going to breakfast, then the fresh market then 6 hours of treatment. After that, I am going to be treated like the Queen the rest of the weekend. I am going to milk it for everthing I can. To all whose Birthday's I may have missed,

Happy Belated Birthday. It has been a busy month and I am not sure who I have missed. Well, gotta go clean up as much as I can. I don't want to sit around a dirty house if I am not feeling great. Love to all..... Terri G.

Guest guest

Cathy, there is alot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes and any member can contact any of the moderators via private email or the NSMODS site and tell us if something is a problem-- and we do our best to hold those confidences and relay to all of you the concerns.

The two biggest challenges we face are the discussion of politics and religion. So we don't let posts through that are about war, who to elect and such.

We are WORLDWIDE-- with more than 500 members. We do try to accomodate all, and as I stated, we all go through states where the last thing we want to do is be told that our faith isn't strong enough, good enough, the right whatever-- or even that we should pray.

This has been a huge issue in the past, and has created the same problems.

Because of this-- we opened a chat room 24/7-- where if you want to talk about how your faith gets ya through-- it's there-- and all you have to do is send an email that says, hey, I'm in the chatroom-- come join me.

We have formal chats on Sunday if you want to join.= Hopefully someone is there to moderate. But the room is there 24/7-- and there are actually multiple rooms-- so if someone wants to talk specifically about sarc-- that's available also. I know it's hit and miss when someone else may be there== but ya never know.

We've been down this road where people got really icky about religion, and were arguing about who was right, etc-- and I just don't want us to go back there. None of the mod's want to go back there. So when it starts off with the private complaints-- then we address the issue.

There is a "Christian" sarc group-- and I know that FSR has a faith room also. They too, have areas where the topics of various interest are discussed-

Do we want to have to moderate any of this-- NO. But do we have to-- YES.

The address for the chatroom is at the bottom section of this and every email, and hopefully people don't have a block on the "messages" section of these posts. I will send out another email with that info for those that may have a block-- and they can bookmark it.

Sincerely,

Tracie

NS C-owner/moderator

misc

First of all - Tracie - I was wondering when we were going to get busted for the religious topics. At least we put a warning on it huh? I will have to remember the chat room. I always forget about it but will be mindful of others from now on.

Second - I just wanted to let you guys know, I am starting my first cytoxan treatment tomorrow! Yeah! Woohoo! Yippee! I really feel like I am starting to get somewhere now Baby. My mother-in-law is picking me up at 6:00 am; we are going to breakfast, then the fresh market then 6 hours of treatment. After that, I am going to be treated like the Queen the rest of the weekend. I am going to milk it for everthing I can.

To all whose Birthday's I may have missed, Happy Belated Birthday. It has been a busy month and I am not sure who I have missed.

Well, gotta go clean up as much as I can. I don't want to sit around a dirty house if I am not feeling great.

Love to all.....

Terri G.

Guest guest

Tracie, I have read all the emials for the last few months and I have never seen any that said to someone as you said "that our faith isn't strong enough, good enough, the right whatever-- or even that we should pray." You're the boss I guess and what you say goes. I don't doubt that someone complained, but what happened to the 2 emails that said if you don't like it DELETE it? I have never read an unkind or judgemental thing said by anyone. Maybe this is why you have over 500 members and you have very few that post. It is not the safe place to be open and free that I thought it was in the beginning. What is wrong with 2 people with the same beliefs making mutually agreeable comments to each other? Cathytracie feldhaus wrote: Cathy, there is alot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes and any member can contact any of the moderators via private email or the NSMODS site and tell us if something is a problem-- and we do our best to hold those confidences and relay to all of you the concerns. The two biggest challenges we face are the discussion of politics and religion. So we don't let posts through that are about war, who to elect and such. We are WORLDWIDE-- with more than 500 members. We do try to accomodate all, and as I stated, we all go through states where the last thing we want to do is be told

that our faith isn't strong enough, good enough, the right whatever-- or even that we should pray. This has been a huge issue in the past, and has created the same problems. Because of this-- we opened a chat room 24/7-- where if you want to talk about how your faith gets ya through-- it's there-- and all you have to do is send an email that says, hey, I'm in the chatroom-- come join me. We have formal chats on Sunday if you want to join.= Hopefully someone is there to moderate. But the room is there 24/7-- and there are actually multiple rooms-- so if someone wants to talk specifically about sarc-- that's available also. I know it's hit and miss when someone else may be there== but ya never know. We've been down this road where people got really icky about religion, and were arguing about who was right, etc-- and I just don't want us to go back there. None of the mod's want to go back there. So

when it starts off with the private complaints-- then we address the issue. There is a "Christian" sarc group-- and I know that FSR has a faith room also. They too, have areas where the topics of various interest are discussed- Do we want to have to moderate any of this-- NO. But do we have to-- YES. The address for the chatroom is at the bottom section of this and every email, and hopefully people don't have a block on the "messages" section of these posts. I will send out another email with that info for those that may have a block-- and they can bookmark it. Sincerely, Tracie NS C-owner/moderator misc First of all - Tracie - I was wondering when we were going to get busted for the religious topics. At least we put a warning on it huh? I will have to remember the chat room. I always forget about it but will be mindful of others from now on. Second - I just wanted to let you guys know, I am starting my first cytoxan treatment tomorrow! Yeah! Woohoo! Yippee! I really feel like I am starting to get somewhere now Baby. My mother-in-law is picking me up at 6:00 am; we are going to breakfast, then the fresh market then 6 hours of treatment. After that, I am going to be treated like the Queen the rest of the weekend. I am going to milk it for everthing I can. To all whose Birthday's I

may have missed, Happy Belated Birthday. It has been a busy month and I am not sure who I have missed. Well, gotta go clean up as much as I can. I don't want to sit around a dirty house if I am not feeling great. Love to all..... Terri G.