RemedySpot.com

Now A Different Outlook

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Today I went to see an old childood friend that I have not seen for 30 years! Upon arriving to his residence I was greeted by his younger brother to tell me that Danny, my friend could not come out to see me because he had his foot amputated due to diabetes and is paralyze due to two strokes. I was shocked! I had been meaning to go by and see him but kept putting it off. I really regret that.

Then I thought of myself and my condition and how much I lay in bed feeling sorry for myself and my future. Missing love ones, friends and the way my life used to be. And then I think of my friend Danny and ask myself, "is there a blessing in there somewhere?"

I dunno. I just feel awful. Danny was like my big brother and protected me from the neighborhood bullies. He taught me how to toughen-up and play football hard and with gusto, like a man. He taught me not to quit and how to encourage and protect the underdog. Danny meant a lot to me during my early teenage years. And this is a tribute to him.

Thank you my friend. I wish you well.

Your little brother,

"Fats"

That was my nick-name that he gave me. Yeah, I was a pretty chuby little boy and teenager.

Thanks, Danny!