RemedySpot.com

RE: Echo

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Becky I’m

sorry to hear that, What about Plaquanil, have you tried that, I’ve been

on it for years, along with Methotrexate, the combination seem to be a good, I was

able to get off prednisone, however it’s no longer keeping things at bay

and we are fighting the insurance company for Remicade, I’m sure in the

end they will deny it, we are in level 2 appeal?? Would you’re insurance

pay for Remicade if your Echo was OK? Marla

From: Neurosarcoidosis [mailto:Neurosarcoidosis ] On Behalf Of Mac Tosh

Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008

1:14 PM

To: macandtosh626@...

Subject: Echo

Just got

the results from Friday's echo. Showed an ejection fraction of 44% which means

no Remicade. Have to have 50% or higher to be able to use Remicade per my

cardiologist. My echo in April 07 was 52% so my heart isn't behaving. So

Methotrexate and prednisone will have to be my treatment for now. Bummer.

Blessings,

Becky

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find

them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Hi Marla,I have Tricare insurance and they have been great. The echo was done to see my ejection fraction (must be over 50%) to be able to get Remicade as the med can make CHF worse. My dr said no studies with remicade and cardiac sarcoidosis so they were concerned to begin with about me taking it. They do know that if the pumping action of the heart is compromised there could be huge problems (seen with other pts that don't have sarcoidosis). I did take plaquenil about 4 yrs ago and my heart went nuts. Ended up in the hospital and they attibuted it to the plaquenil (had only been on it about 4 weeks). Tricare has paid for everything so far that I've needed (including the AICD). I'm fortunate in that I don't even have

to get pre-auth for CT's etc. If my dr orders it, they pay. I know my drs call them anyway to check but so far so good. Heard again from the cardio office and they want me to still have the MUGA scan for a better measurement of EF. My left leg won't allow me to lay flat though for 1 1/2 hours so that's the holdup there. But, no remicade anyway.I appreciate your reply Marla. Thanks again so much.Blessings,BeckyMarla Bramer wrote: Becky I’m sorry to hear that, What about Plaquanil, have you tried that, I’ve been on it for years, along with Methotrexate, the combination seem to be a good, I was able to get off prednisone, however it’s no longer keeping things at bay and we are fighting the insurance company for Remicade, I’m sure in the end they will deny it, we are in level 2 appeal?? Would you’re insurance pay for Remicade if your Echo was OK? Marla From: Neurosarcoidosis [mailto:Neurosarcoidosis ] On Behalf Of Mac Tosh Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:14 PM To: macandtosh626 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com Subject: Echo Just got the results from Friday's echo. Showed an ejection fraction of 44% which means no Remicade. Have to have 50% or higher to be able to use Remicade per my cardiologist. My echo in April 07 was 52% so my heart isn't behaving. So Methotrexate and prednisone will have to be my treatment for now. Bummer. Blessings, Becky Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!

Search.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.