RemedySpot.com

Debbie T. (long post)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know that I am sorry that I haven't been around to help out lately. It's just that I have been sick so much. I can't stand it and have been in tears a lot especially in my husband's arms, who doesn't really know how to deal with it all. You all know how easily I fall into depression and guess what? I am there alright. I went to my psych dr last week and he upped some of my meds and dropped another. He seems to be concerned and goes out of his way to help me. My therapist has been the same way. I am lucky that I have this support, I guess, since my husband doesn't really know how to deal. My kids don't get it either. They think Mom is just being "lazy" all the time and wants to sleep a lot. The oldest one actually said to me the other day, "Mom, just get up. You gotta shake it all off and move around. Do something." (That is my

Mother's attitude too.) Well, that didn't help matters. I can barely get up and go to go to my dr. appts. Yeah, some of it may be depression , but a lot of it is the effects of sarcoid. I went to a new rheumy that my pcp (who by the way is useless!) told me just started in the medical group from the hospital. He was good. He spent about an hour with me, taking all my past history down and checked me out physically. He along with the sarc said that I have osteoarthritis in my upper back and neck from the bulging disk and degenerative disks I have there. Unfortunately, he looked over my med list and said that he couldn't do any more for me, that I was on all the meds I could take. I also have been dealing with my gastro dr. concerning my gastroparesis. He also sent me to Boston for a second opinion. The gastro in Boston also says that I am on the best meds that I can be on,

and there's not much else he can do but made up a list of dietary changes, things to stay away from, etc. (Most of them I was already doing.) Sorry this post has been so long. Mods, I just wanted to let you know why I wasn't around helping and to let everyone else know , yeah, I am still here! Thanks for listening...... Debbie T. Co-ModeratorDebbie T.Co-Moderator

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.