RemedySpot.com

RE: [SPAM]RE: swollen legs / jackie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,

I started to wear an elastic sock,it helps some, but there still is some swelling. What are teds? sorry for the ignorance.

VP

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: shadowme810@...Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 15:52:53 -0700Subject: Re: [sPAM]RE: swollen legs

My right leg has been swollen since I got the sarc monster. I take water pills on a daily basis but the right one seems not to come down as far as the left. when I wake in the morn I have the skinniest legs in the world. Wait 5 min and pow. I am told it is water gain but why does it only take a couple of min to kick in? I wear Teds all the time while awake and it only helps a little. They tell me to drink more fluids but when I do my legs swell. what to do? If I don't drink my legs aren't as bad if I do wow. What a choice.

My indentation take about 15 sec. to come out.

Jackie from WI

Re: swollen legs

Hi Pomy,

I get puffynesh with my legs every couple weeks. and it even hurts at times. the one night I was going to have sherif, take me to the ER. I thought I might have had a blood clot. it hurt so bad . but by the next morning it went down. and stopped hurting. Now I have NS not MS.

Many Blessings and pain free daylove to "ALL"

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.

Get news, entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com. Check it out!

Discover the new Windows Vista Learn more!

Guest guest

VP, I wouldn't apologize for "ignorance", it's not ignorant to ask a question when you don't know the answer. Did that come out right? Teds are the really tight socks that you wear for swelling, helping circulation and I'm sure for other things, but that's just what I've had to wear them for. Here is what I found to help with my answer. Hope this helps. Christy T.E.D. Hose stockings are long, tight fitting "socks" that keep mild pressure on the legs to prevent blood from clotting. They prevent blood from sitting idle in the legs, which can lead to clots. T.E.D. hose stockings should be worn during inactive times after surgery, on airplanes, or often if the patient has a history of poor circulation. T.E.D. Hose are special stockings that are designed to reduce the risk of developing blood clots in legs. Blood clots can form in anyone.

However, having joint replacement surgery increases the risk of developing clots in the legs. There are two reasons for the increased risk. First, the nature of the surgery to the legs increases the risk of clots forming and secondly, people are less active after surgery. This inactivity slows the circulation in the legs and can create a condition that may lead to blood clot formation. T.E.D. hose help to improve this condition by assisting blood flow and decreasing swelling. Moish Pomeranc wrote: Hi,I started to wear an elastic sock,it helps some, but there still is some swelling. What are teds? sorry for the ignorance. VP To: Neurosarcoidosis From: shadowme810 (AT) verizon (DOT) netDate: Tue, 13 May 2008 15:52:53 -0700Subject: Re: [sPAM]RE: swollen legs My right leg has been swollen since I got the sarc monster. I take water pills on a daily basis but the right one seems not to come down as far as the left. when I wake in the morn I have the skinniest legs in the world. Wait 5 min and pow. I am told it is water gain but why does it only take a couple of min to kick in? I wear Teds all the time while awake and it only helps a little. They tell me to drink more fluids but when I do my legs swell. what to

do? If I don't drink my legs aren't as bad if I do wow. What a choice. My indentation take about 15 sec. to come out. Jackie from WI Re: swollen legs Hi Pomy, I get puffynesh with my legs every couple weeks. and it even hurts at times. the one night I was going to have sherif, take me to the ER. I thought I might have had a blood clot. it hurt so bad . but by the next morning it

went down. and stopped hurting. Now I have NS not MS. Many Blessings and pain free daylove to "ALL" Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food. Get news, entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com. Check it out! Discover the new Windows Vista Learn more!

Guest guest

Hi,

I guess that's what I'm wearing.

VP

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: paulsgirl75@...Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 09:43:01 -0700Subject: RE: [sPAM]RE: swollen legs / jackie

VP, I wouldn't apologize for "ignorance", it's not ignorant to ask a question when you don't know the answer. Did that come out right? Teds are the really tight socks that you wear for swelling, helping circulation and I'm sure for other things, but that's just what I've had to wear them for. Here is what I found to help with my answer. Hope this helps.

Christy

T.E.D. Hose stockings are long, tight fitting "socks" that keep mild pressure on the legs to prevent blood from clotting. They prevent blood from sitting idle in the legs, which can lead to clots. T.E.D. hose stockings should be worn during inactive times after surgery, on airplanes, or often if the patient has a history of poor circulation.

T.E.D. Hose are special stockings that are designed to reduce the risk of developing blood clots in legs. Blood clots can form in anyone. However, having joint replacement surgery increases the risk of developing clots in the legs.

There are two reasons for the increased risk. First, the nature of the surgery to the legs increases the risk of clots forming and secondly, people are less active after surgery. This inactivity slows the circulation in the legs and can create a condition that may lead to blood clot formation. T.E.D. hose help to improve this condition by assisting blood flow and decreasing swelling.

Moish Pomeranc <moishpomeranc (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Hi,I started to wear an elastic sock,it helps some, but there still is some swelling. What are teds? sorry for the ignorance. VP

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: shadowme810 (AT) verizon (DOT) netDate: Tue, 13 May 2008 15:52:53 -0700Subject: Re: [sPAM]RE: swollen legs

My right leg has been swollen since I got the sarc monster. I take water pills on a daily basis but the right one seems not to come down as far as the left. when I wake in the morn I have the skinniest legs in the world. Wait 5 min and pow. I am told it is water gain but why does it only take a couple of min to kick in? I wear Teds all the time while awake and it only helps a little. They tell me to drink more fluids but when I do my legs swell. what to do? If I don't drink my legs aren't as bad if I do wow. What a choice.

My indentation take about 15 sec. to come out.

Jackie from WI

Re: swollen legs

Hi Pomy,

I get puffynesh with my legs every couple weeks. and it even hurts at times. the one night I was going to have sherif, take me to the ER. I thought I might have had a blood clot. it hurt so bad . but by the next morning it went down. and stopped hurting. Now I have NS not MS.

Many Blessings and pain free daylove to "ALL"

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.

Get news, entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com. Check it out!

Discover the new Windows Vista Learn more!

Explore the seven wonders of the world Learn more!