http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080626150628.htm

The growing body of evidence that marijuana (cannabis) may be effective as a

pain reliever has been expanded with publication of a new study in The Journal

of Pain reporting that patients with nerve pain showed reduced pain intensity

from smoking marijuana. Researchers examined whether marijuana produces

analgesia for patients with neuropathic pain. Thirty-eight patients were

examined. They were given either high-dose (7%), low-dose (3.5%) or placebo

cannabis.

* Note: the sender's email address has not been verified.

Guest guest

Hi. I never came out and mentioned it before , but I have been smoking marijuana for gastroparesis and pain for awhile now. It definitely helps with the nausea (I am on 2 other drugs for nausea, including ondasentron (for cancer patients) and they didn't help enough. I agree with this article and several others you find online on medicating this way. (My therapist actually recommended it....) I don't do it to get high, in fact I don't like that feeling , but it's worth it to find some much needed relief. I hate nausea and vomiting and the nausea is every day. Too bad I don't live in Calif. where it's legal.

Debbie T.

Co-Moderator

Subject: ScienceDaily: Marijuana May Be Effective For Neuropathic PainTo: neurosarcoidosis Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 7:57 PM

tracie (tiodaat (AT) att (DOT) net) has sent you a link to the following page on ScienceDaily:Marijuana May Be Effective For Neuropathic Painhttp://www.scienced aily.com/ releases/ 2008/06/08062615 0628.htmThe growing body of evidence that marijuana (cannabis) may be effective as a pain reliever has been expanded with publication of a new study in The Journal of Pain reporting that patients with nerve pain showed reduced pain intensity from smoking marijuana. Researchers examined whether marijuana produces analgesia for patients with neuropathic pain. Thirty-eight patients were examined. They were given either high-dose (7%), low-dose (3.5%) or placebo cannabis.* Note: the sender's email address has not been

verified.