RemedySpot.com

Marshall Protocol

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Has anyone heard of the Marshall Protocol? It looks very hopeful and I

am interested in helping me father get this treatment. He is NOT

responding to Methotrexate and is getting worse. Any thoughts?

thanks doug jackson

Guest guest

Been there tried it, no help, I know we are always willing to try something we think might help, but this is one I would say is not worth wasting your time on. How long has your Father been on Methotrexate, and is he on any other drugs too? Many times it takes more then one drug to get relief? Marla

Has anyone heard of the Marshall Protocol? It looks very hopeful and I

am interested in helping me father get this treatment. He is NOT

responding to Methotrexate and is getting worse. Any thoughts?

thanks doug jackson

-- Marla Bramer Independent Beauty Consultant Kaymbramer@... www.marykay.com

'I know the plans I have for you, declared the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you; Plans to give you a future and a hope

Guest guest

thank you so much tracie for your heartfelt and informative response doug jacksontracie feldhaus wrote: Hi Doug,Yes, we've heard of the protocol. They promise a cure-- and believe me, if it worked we'd all be on it. Several of our members have gone this route, and have ended up right here searching like the rest of us. So far, no one knows why or how we contracted sarcoidosis. It is autoimmune, meaning that something turned on our immune systems, and now it won't

turn off. The scientists have found that we produce too much of a protein --TNF-a and TNF-b. Whether it is genetics-- or genetics as a predisposition to autoimmune diseases, (which include MS, Lupus, Diabetes, Rheumatioid Arthritis, and more) and probably exposure to a rouge virus similar to TB-- as well as to agricultural dust, pesticides, or just dumb luck-- we ended up with an off-balance immune system.Methotrexate takes some time to help-- and it is usually about 3 months before you see real results. His docs might be ok to add another immuno suppressant, Imuran, Arava or Plaquenil and give those time to work. All of them take time-- but will give him some relief from the systemic inflammation that make his whole body ache. It is a trial and error process, and you have to go up the chain of meds to get the right combination to slow the progression-- but it can and does happen! Sarcoidosis so far has no cure-- and

this is not like having the flu-- it's here to stay-- so what has to happen is that his immune system needs to be suppressed so that it stops attacking healthy tissue.www.sarcoidosissharma is a great site, and Dr. Sharma is one of the best MD's in the world treating this disease. You can go to www.arthritis.org and look at past editions--2007 Drug Supplement guide is great for listing the different drugs, DMARDS, Disease Modifying AntiRheumatic Drugs, Biologicals--BRM's and pain meds, etc. These are the ones they use on us-- and they give you some great info. As far as the MP-- I'd read up on it-- and research Marshall-- he's more scary and claims to have the cure for all the autoimmune diseases, and yes, his staff have nominated him for he Nobel Prize-- but I can nominate you-- and he's got a serious history of fraud in several countries-- so really be careful. Sincerely,TracieNS

Co-owner/moderator Marshall ProtocolHas anyone heard of the Marshall Protocol? It looks very hopeful and I am interested in helping me father get this treatment. He is NOT responding to Methotrexate and is getting worse. Any thoughts? thanks doug jackson------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis CommunityNS CHAT:- FAITH CHAT: SUNDAY 4PM-5PM EASTERN TIME CHATROOM LINK: http://www.sarcbuddies.com/chat Message

Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

wrote:

>

> thanks marla---he has been on Methotrexate for 5 weeks....

Doug, I don't know how common this is but when my son was put on methotrexate

for

rheum arthritis, we didn't see much improvement at first. Somewhere between 3

and 5

months, he suddenly got much, much better.

He is now off the meth as they try to sort out the underlying cause of his

arthritis, and

although he is sliding downhill again, it is very, very slow. Methotrexate

turned his life

around,