RemedySpot.com

update Tracie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

We are still having to pay attention to the fire situation and for those of you that want to see the beautiful area I live in- you can go to www.ParadisePost.com and look at the area. It's beautiful forest country, and on fire!

We are under precautionary notice which means have stuff packed, if the wind changes again tonight-- then we'll be told to get out.

As the crow flies--- we're only a couple of miles away from the fires-- as of now, they are across the canyon (these are narrow step canyons, lots of lava and glacier granite walls) and not easy at all to get around in. That is part of the problem-- the smoke is too bad to use airplanes and helicopters, (we do have 4 choppers right now until sunset or so) and that is the first overhead today. YEAH!!

They expect the inversion layer to change tonight, and everything depends on what the winds do. WE were 90% contained Sunday night-- now 3 fires converged and we're only 40% contained-- and another 45 homes lost across the canyon.

Between the smoke and stress-- it's not pretty....

This computer will go with us if we have to leave-- but I don't know where we'll land and how soon I'll be back online-- so if you don't hear from me or Darlene (she's dealing with the floods in the Midwest) you'll know we are thinking of you and taking care of what we have to deal with.

Good thoughts to all,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

Guest guest

I just read that some of the precautions have been lifted . I hope that means you. It must be awful waiting for word at anytime. I would be in a constant state of anxiety (which you must be in too.) I didn't know about Darlene. I hope she is safe. Wishing for your safety as well and hope you stay with us.

Hugs,

Debbie T.

Co-Moderator

Subject: update TracieTo: NSMods-owner Cc: "Neurosarcoidosis" <Neurosarcoidosis >Date: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 10:20 PM

We are still having to pay attention to the fire situation and for those of you that want to see the beautiful area I live in- you can go to www.ParadisePost. com and look at the area. It's beautiful forest country, and on fire!

We are under precautionary notice which means have stuff packed, if the wind changes again tonight-- then we'll be told to get out.

As the crow flies--- we're only a couple of miles away from the fires-- as of now, they are across the canyon (these are narrow step canyons, lots of lava and glacier granite walls) and not easy at all to get around in. That is part of the problem-- the smoke is too bad to use airplanes and helicopters, (we do have 4 choppers right now until sunset or so) and that is the first overhead today. YEAH!!

They expect the inversion layer to change tonight, and everything depends on what the winds do. WE were 90% contained Sunday night-- now 3 fires converged and we're only 40% contained-- and another 45 homes lost across the canyon.

Between the smoke and stress-- it's not pretty....

This computer will go with us if we have to leave-- but I don't know where we'll land and how soon I'll be back online-- so if you don't hear from me or Darlene (she's dealing with the floods in the Midwest) you'll know we are thinking of you and taking care of what we have to deal with.

Good thoughts to all,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator