RemedySpot.com

Re: Neurosarcoidosis] Vertigo and sarc

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Meclazine is the only thing I kinow of for vertigo. It is sold over the counter-- sometimes as AntiVert. What have the local docs done to address this issue?

I used "vertigo and sarcoidosis" as my search -- and found a few articles. You may want to do the same.

Here is one that is leading to the vasculitis that I addressed yesterday.

Brihaye P; Halama ARDepartment of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Akademisch Ziekenhuis, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium.

Sarcoidosis is a systemic granulomatous disease, which can affect the vestibulo-acoustic system at any level, causing vertigo and/or hearing loss. The main mechanism could be vasculitis. One patient with fluctuating hearing loss as the first manifestation of a systemic sarcoidosis is presented. Diagnostic modalities, especially different sites of biopsy or needle aspiration are discussed. The treatment is steroid therapy. Hearing will be restored provided no irreversible changes of the VIIIth nerve and/or the inner ear have occurred.

Subject Headings

Major Subject Heading(s)

Minor Subject Heading(s)

CAS Registry / EC Numbers

Adult Audiometry, Pure-Tone Evoked Potentials, Auditory, Brain Stem Hearing Loss, Sensorineural [diagnosis] [etiology] Humans Liver [pathology] Male Methylprednisolone [therapeutic use] Sarcoidosis [complications] [drug therapy] [pathology] Speech Discrimination Tests

83-43-2 (Methylprednisolone)

PreMedline Identifier: 8470546

Generally, it is the 8th cranial nerve that controls our hearing function, but sarc also likes the 7th cranial nerve. If either is being effected, the left side of her face would sag, speech and language skills will be effected, and very possibly, she may not be able to focus on what she is looking at. These are all signs that her eyes and ears are being effected by the sarc.

Treatment is going to need to be one of the more advanced regimes-- and she really needs to be able to get these articles to her MD's.

Print out all you can, and you'll need to be her voice-- You can also order a wonderful couple of brochures from FSR-www.stopsarcoidosis.org. Much of the info in their brochure they got from us! Both the Sarcoidosis and the Cardiac Sarc are wonderful, and we shouldn't leave home without them! I'm serious-- they explain so much of this disease, and give us some great info to use and share with our MD's.

Sincerely,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

Neurosarcoidosis] Re: New Member - Bahamas

Tracie, I just called to read my mom your reply over the phone (we do not live on the same island) and she is back in bed again with the vertigo / nausea. :(Is there something that can be taken to PREVENT the vertigo / nausea? She has meds to take AFTER it starts, but by then shes already feeling so sick. Thanks,> > >> > > Hello Everyone,> > > > > > I am trying to find out as much

information as I can. We live > in > > the > > > Bahamas, and my mom has neurosarcoidosis. Spine / Brain are > > > involved. We can not seem to find a doctor anywhere that can > help > > > her. > > > She is on methatrexate & steroids, but is now having increased > > dizzy > > > spells and nausea that accompanies it.> > > Does anyone know of any doctors who specialize in this?> > > She has been battling this for 4 years and seems to just be > > getting > > > worse and worse.> > > Please Help.> > > > > > (Bahamas)> > >> >>

Guest guest

My mom's doctor has her on cinnarizine (sturgeon forte) right now.

I dont think she has tried anything else. She is calling the doctor

today to ask about the meclazine. She is terrified of the vertigo

happening again. It seems to just hit her out of the blue. Shes

fine one minute and the next the room is spinning and shes sick.

She is going to see her neurosurgeon on Tuesday, and from there they

will probably be sending her off to Miami for another MRI. Her last

one was done in January.

Thank you for all of your help. I am relaying info to her on the

phone and will ask any questions she has. (she refuses to learn to

use a computer!!) Its great that she knows now that there are

others out there who are coping as best they can with the same thing

she has.

Thanks again,

> > > >

> > > > Hello Everyone,

> > > >

> > > > I am trying to find out as much information as I can. We

live

> > in

> > > the

> > > > Bahamas, and my mom has neurosarcoidosis. Spine / Brain are

> > > > involved. We can not seem to find a doctor anywhere that can

> > help

> > > > her.

> > > > She is on methatrexate & steroids, but is now having

increased

> > > dizzy

> > > > spells and nausea that accompanies it.

> > > > Does anyone know of any doctors who specialize in this?

> > > > She has been battling this for 4 years and seems to just be

> > > getting

> > > > worse and worse.

> > > > Please Help.

> > > >

> > > > (Bahamas)

> > > >

> > >

> >

>