RemedySpot.com

Re: [SPAM] Life Path changes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Tracie you are a prolific writer. I am so impressed and moved by your notes. Please keep up the good work. I, as many others, need to hear what you have to say. the love you have for your fellow man and the understanding of what we all are is so amazing. I have never met you but you have touched a place in my heart and mind. I appreciate you so much and thank God that I have the opportunity to hear your words.

Thank you for caring and for your wisdom.

And that is the last nice thing I will ever say. *wink*

Jackie

[sPAM] Life Path changes

Once again I find myself reflecting on how my "life's path" has changed due to chronic illness. I question myself, am I on the right path, is this what I'm supposed to do with my life-- is researching the effects and treatments of sarcoidosis still the right way for me to continue on with my journey-- sharing the acts and challenges of living daily with this disease.

I didn't plan on this-- none of us did. We did not think our illness into reality, we do not keep ourself ill because of our thoughts, and we can't think ourself well. What we can do is embrace this journey and look at the small gifts it has brought into our life.

I know, you say "what gifts??" What the hell has this brought me beside pain, a loss of financal security, personal and professional identity, a loss of friendships, or maybe even relationships and marriages. To stay in this place of pain and loss is only going to rob us of appreciating the small gifts that are around us-- so we come to each other, and ask what can I do to find a "quality of life" in this chapter of our existence.

With this in mind, I still find that the "gift" is that I've had to slow down-- some days to a full stop. I've had to learn to listen to others and keep an open heart and mind-- some days - most days, this is the biggest challenge. Trying to walk a tightrope between the sadness of the losses, and the joy of the online friendships is hard. All we can do is try not to piss too many off by setting up perimeters that keep balance in all we do. Is this even attainable? I don't know, at best-- it is most imperfect.

When we put Titles on other-- be it racial, spiritual, disabled, unable, feeble minded, closed minded, righteous, indignent, overpowering-- you get the idea.. We limit ourself to what our preconceived idea is that directs our idea of that person. How many times have we all found that we lost out because we decided not to participate because we think the person presenting their concept is not a "good" person-- "good" by our idea of what is "good."

I had the opportunity to sit with a wonderful woman just a couple of days ago. She has lost her vision to macular degeneration, and has been totally blind for the last several years. We were talking about this loss, and whether the loss of vision versus the loss of hearing, which would you choose? She shared that she was grateful that it was her vision she has lost-- as now she has to rely on what comes from someones speech as her "judgement" of others, instead of relying on her "visual" prejudices that sight imposed.

Needless to say, this made me think-- ok. I'm losing part of the way my body and mind have always functioned, but what has been replaced. When I don't get caught up in anothers ideas of right and wrong, then I am free to listen-- with an open heart and open mind. I think for me that is part of the beauty of this group. We can be "anonymous" as we are unseen. This opens up the opportunity to speak freely-- openly, and without prejudice. Add a title-- and that all changes. This is actually what is behind keeping the group generic in our faith. I don't want anyone to miss out on a message that will come from someone that is saying what you need to hear--- without all those preconceived notions.

Today, I'll look for the beauty of messages in each of your posts, and hope that you'll find that someone -- anyone, will touch your heart with the love and compassion we all deserve.

Heartfully

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

Guest guest

Thanks Jackie, and as far as this being the last nice thing you say to me-- please we'd not want my head to get as big as the lady with the ice bras.....

Man, I miss her!

Hugs,

t

[sPAM][Neurosarcoid osis] Life Path changes

Once again I find myself reflecting on how my "life's path" has changed due to chronic illness. I question myself, am I on the right path, is this what I'm supposed to do with my life-- is researching the effects and treatments of sarcoidosis still the right way for me to continue on with my journey-- sharing the acts and challenges of living daily with this disease.

I didn't plan on this-- none of us did. We did not think our illness into reality, we do not keep ourself ill because of our thoughts, and we can't think ourself well. What we can do is embrace this journey and look at the small gifts it has brought into our life.

I know, you say "what gifts??" What the hell has this brought me beside pain, a loss of financal security, personal and professional identity, a loss of friendships, or maybe even relationships and marriages. To stay in this place of pain and loss is only going to rob us of appreciating the small gifts that are around us-- so we come to each other, and ask what can I do to find a "quality of life" in this chapter of our existence.

With this in mind, I still find that the "gift" is that I've had to slow down-- some days to a full stop. I've had to learn to listen to others and keep an open heart and mind-- some days - most days, this is the biggest challenge. Trying to walk a tightrope between the sadness of the losses, and the joy of the online friendships is hard. All we can do is try not to piss too many off by setting up perimeters that keep balance in all we do. Is this even attainable? I don't know, at best-- it is most imperfect.

When we put Titles on other-- be it racial, spiritual, disabled, unable, feeble minded, closed minded, righteous, indignent, overpowering- - you get the idea.. We limit ourself to what our preconceived idea is that directs our idea of that person. How many times have we all found that we lost out because we decided not to participate because we think the person presenting their concept is not a "good" person-- "good" by our idea of what is "good."

I had the opportunity to sit with a wonderful woman just a couple of days ago. She has lost her vision to macular degeneration, and has been totally blind for the last several years. We were talking about this loss, and whether the loss of vision versus the loss of hearing, which would you choose? She shared that she was grateful that it was her vision she has lost-- as now she has to rely on what comes from someones speech as her "judgement" of others, instead of relying on her "visual" prejudices that sight imposed.

Needless to say, this made me think-- ok. I'm losing part of the way my body and mind have always functioned, but what has been replaced. When I don't get caught up in anothers ideas of right and wrong, then I am free to listen-- with an open heart and open mind. I think for me that is part of the beauty of this group. We can be "anonymous" as we are unseen. This opens up the opportunity to speak freely-- openly, and without prejudice. Add a title-- and that all changes. This is actually what is behind keeping the group generic in our faith. I don't want anyone to miss out on a message that will come from someone that is saying what you need to hear--- without all those preconceived notions.

Today, I'll look for the beauty of messages in each of your posts, and hope that you'll find that someone -- anyone, will touch your heart with the love and compassion we all deserve.

Heartfully

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator