Christie and Endocrine problems!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Christie I have written before about how the sarc has destroyed my entire

endocrine system? So with none of the glands functioning I am on too many

steroids and all sorts of medication, it is called adrenal insufficiency

(Addison's disease) & I have hypopituitarism! So aside from the sarc making me

feel crappy all the time now I deal daily with the endo problems. In a nut shell

my endo problems means I can do very little, avoid stairs husband does all

laundry. If I want to clean sweep mop kitchen floor I have to take an injection

of steroids first or I will throw everything off balance and go into adrenal

crisis which can be very dangerous. So I have been in and out of the hospital

so many times I am afraid to do anything. My biggest accomplishment each day is

making dinner if I can. I have constant home care through the hospital because

the last adrenal crisis was so severe. And yes it throws off memory or spans of

time, but it not severe and I can

ignore it but it is very frightening when it first starts. I have a very good

endo doc and we are in touch any time I or she need to be I can fax her or page

her and she always gets back to me. But yet because of all my conditions it has

been very hard for endo doc to treat me. This also causes diabetes insipidus

(water diabetes). I guess i am rambling but it felt good to share this with

someone other than my husband! Thanks for listening and I hope it was some help?

sarc friend Anne

Guest guest

Anne,

Get the Schwarzbein and read it. See if you can get your endo to read it.

I'm like you, I too have my adrenals blown out and there are things we are doing (Isocort) and Thyrosin and and it is helping. These are explained in the book-- and I've just seen wonders for the changes it has made and how much more comfortable I can be.

I'm still fighting the prednisone thing, I won't go back on it-- even last year when I had to do a 40/30/20/10 for a respiratory infection darn near killed me.

But as we all know, when the adrenals can't and don't function-- that heart arrthymia is a bugger. If wahoo is wahoo, then the effect of adrenal insufficiency would be a oohaw. Cause it turns your world backwards, upside down and inside out...

Thank you for sharing!

Sincerely,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

Christie and Endocrine problems!

Hi Christie I have written before about how the sarc has destroyed my entire endocrine system? So with none of the glands functioning I am on too many steroids and all sorts of medication, it is called adrenal insufficiency (Addison's disease) & I have hypopituitarism! So aside from the sarc making me feel crappy all the time now I deal daily with the endo problems. In a nut shell my endo problems means I can do very little, avoid stairs husband does all laundry. If I want to clean sweep mop kitchen floor I have to take an injection of steroids first or I will throw everything off balance and go into adrenal crisis which can be very dangerous. So I have been in and out of the hospital so many times I am afraid to do anything. My biggest accomplishment each day is making dinner if I can. I have constant home care through the hospital because the last adrenal crisis was so severe. And yes it throws off memory or spans of time, but it not severe and I

canignore it but it is very frightening when it first starts. I have a very good endo doc and we are in touch any time I or she need to be I can fax her or page her and she always gets back to me. But yet because of all my conditions it has been very hard for endo doc to treat me. This also causes diabetes insipidus (water diabetes). I guess i am rambling but it felt good to share this with someone other than my husband! Thanks for listening and I hope it was some help? sarc friend Anne

Guest guest

Anne, Thank you for sharing a little bit about what you are going through. Like I tell everybody, don't apologize for rambling, I think it is interesting to read and learn about other peoples condiotions. So, if you would like to tell me any more, please feel free to let me know more about what you are going through. You help me to learn about myself when you tell your stories. (just as everybody does. Or that's my opinion.) Im sorry to hear you are going through so much.Sounds like you have good doctors. Have to be thankful for that. I have never heard of water diabetes. Interesting. Thank you, again, Anne.

Christy

Subject: Christie and Endocrine problems!To: Neurosarcoidosis Date: Sunday, July 20, 2008, 5:41 PM

Hi Christie I have written before about how the sarc has destroyed my entire endocrine system? So with none of the glands functioning I am on too many steroids and all sorts of medication, it is called adrenal insufficiency (Addison's disease) & I have hypopituitarism! So aside from the sarc making me feel crappy all the time now I deal daily with the endo problems. In a nut shell my endo problems means I can do very little, avoid stairs husband does all laundry. If I want to clean sweep mop kitchen floor I have to take an injection of steroids first or I will throw everything off balance and go into adrenal crisis which can be very dangerous. So I have been in and out of the hospital so many times I am afraid to do anything. My biggest accomplishment each day is making dinner if I can. I have constant home care through the hospital because the last adrenal crisis was so severe. And yes it throws off memory or spans of time, but it not severe and I

canignore it but it is very frightening when it first starts. I have a very good endo doc and we are in touch any time I or she need to be I can fax her or page her and she always gets back to me. But yet because of all my conditions it has been very hard for endo doc to treat me. This also causes diabetes insipidus (water diabetes). I guess i am rambling but it felt good to share this with someone other than my husband! Thanks for listening and I hope it was some help? sarc friend Anne