RemedySpot.com

Re: [SPAM]Re: Tracie's life path & Marla

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Debbie

I know you asked Marla and Tracie But if you don't mind I would like to tell you my story that helps me cope with my new life.

I used to be very busy, A CNA, Brownie Leader, Motorcycle Mama, Bowler and an Mom and Grandmother. Of course I am still the Mom and Gramma but my cycle days are over. It was like a death in the family not being able to ride. And having to quit work, wow how I miss my residents at the Nursing home. I knew I had to do something to keep busy so I buried myself in things I didn't have time for before.

I now crochet. I make hats, mittens and scarf's to give to the area schools. Not all families can afford things like this for their children so I help. I make about 50 sets per school and get thanks by the teachers and staff donate to me their unused yarn. I have enough to make quite a bit of sets. I also make layette sets for Preemie and newborn babies and give them to the Hospt in the area. They in turn give them to expecting mothers in their New Mother Classes. I make a lot of Jewelry and donate the sets to the 5 nursing homes for their bingo prizes or corn auction. Thankfully they love it. Of course I make most of my Christmas presents for my 4 grandchildren. I thought I would have a problem they are all tweens. But I get such a good feeling when they open their presents and squeal with joy because they have a sweater or dress or purse that no one else has. I also make wash cloth sets to donate to the Elder Centers Christmas sale. The money they make helps with Meals on wheels and the taxi for them to use at no cost to them. My newest project is Oil Painting. I have found I am quite in love with this craft. We live by the Amish and they sell them in their store for me. Not to forget sewing and clay pieces. It sounds like I am bragging, well maybe I am. Keep in mind I didn't do any of this before. It takes time, practice and persistence but it is worth it. Now I am feeling, even thought I had to quit my much loved job, I am still worth something. I still Matter and I make a difference.

There are a lot of people who just sit around and stagnate, we don't have to do that. I work at my own pace and at my own time. I really feel that it has helped my depression, sleepless nights and my self worth.

We all have something to contribute. And this wonderful site has helped me too. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have it and all of you.

I started out feeling sorry for myself then I remembered what my father said when I was little "I cried because I had no shoes and then I saw the man who had no feet." He is gone but his love and words will be with me forever.

Thank you all for listening to a thankful woman babble.

And God Bless and keep everyone of you.

Jackie from Wisconsin.

[sPAM]Re: Tracie's life path & Marla

Marla & Tracie,How are being able to let go of the past? I found it so difficult remembering the freedom and busy life I had. What do you concentrate now to stay busy and not dwell on your past life's experiences? I don't know what to do with myself. I just keep searching for what is next for me...Debbie T.Co-Moderator> > > Hi Tracie,> > I was very impressed with what you are saying. I> haven't been posting> > because I have been going through a "good"> period with the sarcoid but I've> > been trying to read the msgs. I was dealing with the> pain and I have> > thought I was dealing well with all the brain> dysfuntions. However I have> > come to realize that I think the disease is> progressing. A few months ago> > my face (same side I had shingles last year) began to> draw upward. My> > thoughts are again fuzzy and I have now given up> driving except to church> > and drs. I have had an MRI of the brain but> haven't gotten the results yet.> > Even at my worst brain dysfunction my brain MRI's> have been normal so I> > don't expect anything different. I think I have> never faced the grief of> > losing the life I once had so I am going to do> that..and in doing that I> > know I will have to face some depression. Right now> that "hole" in life is> > what I am feeling. I know I will bounce back, but I> need to take some time> > and accept the new life. I just wanted you to know I> appreciate all you do> > and say. thank you> >> > Ruth> > olehomepla (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> > > >> > > > -- > Marla Bramer> Independent Beauty Consultant> Kay> > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> www.marykay.com> 'I know the plans I have for you, declared the Lord,> 'plans to prosper you> and not to harm you; Plans to give you a future and a hope

Guest guest

Debbie,

I've gotten involved with the ACPA--American Chronic Pain Assoc. We meet 2x each month, and share coping skills, nutrition education, guided meditation. I do alot of the meditation, and it is incredible how well it works for pain control. The other thing that I've done is to take a couple of beading classes, and now I'm making some jewelry for sale at the local farmers market. I'm looking for someone to put my stuff up at their booth, as I will be limited to fall and early spring, when it's not hot.

I'm also part of a spiritual growth group, and we meet once a month. The ladies are great, and there is only 5 of us, so it is really a close knit bunch of characters.

And I read-- if I don't have 2 or 3 books going, I'm not sure what to do with myself.

I know you were volunteering at the local library, did that go the wayside?

One thing that I try to do at least once a week is have lunch with a girlfriend. That gets me out, allows me to people watch, and I love that-- we are a quirky lot.. and then there is this group.

Somedays, I can keep my attitude up, and somedays, that is so very hard. Just getting out, even if it's just to my own patio, is so good for my outlook. I know that the last month with all the fires around us, the air quality is so bad-- that it wasn't possible to be out in it-- so that really hit me hard. I found myself reaching out to the ACPA group, and we did a couple of lunches at each others home-- just so we didn't all go stir crazy.

Deb, I know how hard it has been for you-- and it's hard not to get depressed. It's also ok to not fight the depression when it comes on. Remind yourself that you've been "here" before, and that you can get through it. Rest, eat right and really listen to your body, if it's a day where you need to sleep, then sleep. When you finally feel rested, go out to the library, or on the porch and check out the neighborhood. There is plenty to laugh at, if you've got kids running loose on the street-- they will bring joy to your heart! If you can, water the plants, do a bit of gardening, or hang a birdfeeder and watch what comes in to feed. (The squirrels and bluejays love to bounce on the bird feeder, and knock the seed to the ground, where all the other critters come to feed-- I love it!

These are just a couple of ideas-- I know you will find your nitch-- so dear, hang in there!

Love to you,

Tracie

[sPAM]Re: Tracie's life path & Marla

Marla & Tracie,How are being able to let go of the past? I found it so difficult remembering the freedom and busy life I had. What do you concentrate now to stay busy and not dwell on your past life's experiences? I don't know what to do with myself. I just keep searching for what is next for me...Debbie T.Co-Moderator> > > Hi Tracie,> > I was very impressed with what you are saying. I> haven't been posting> > because I have been going through a "good"> period with the sarcoid but I've> > been trying to read the msgs. I

was dealing with the> pain and I have> > thought I was dealing well with all the brain> dysfuntions. However I have> > come to realize that I think the disease is> progressing. A few months ago> > my face (same side I had shingles last year) began to> draw upward. My> > thoughts are again fuzzy and I have now given up> driving except to church> > and drs. I have had an MRI of the brain but> haven't gotten the results yet.> > Even at my worst brain dysfunction my brain MRI's> have been normal so I> > don't expect anything different. I think I have> never faced the grief of> > losing the life I once had so I am going to do> that..and in doing that I> > know I will have to face some depression. Right now> that "hole" in life is> > what I am feeling. I know I will bounce back, but I>

need to take some time> > and accept the new life. I just wanted you to know I> appreciate all you do> > and say. thank you> >> > Ruth> > olehomepla (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> > > >> > > > -- > Marla Bramer> Independent Beauty Consultant> Kay> > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> www.marykay. com> 'I know the plans I have for you, declared the Lord,> 'plans to prosper you> and not to harm you; Plans to give you a future and a hope