RemedySpot.com

Re: Memory loss question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It's crazy you mention this Michele, yes, first of all, from what I have been told from people in this group and read from other posters, memory loss is a factor of NS. But, there will be times where I scare the crap out of myself, because towards the evening hours (that is the time it seems to effect me the most) I can do stuff, and the next morning I have no clue what I did. Or, in general, I can't remember a damn thing. If I were told something, and literally 10 minutes later, you could tell me it, again, or ask me about what you told me, and I would have no clue. It is very bothering. Sometimes, I can get to the point where I get so frustrated about everything that NS is doing to me, that I just cry. Sometimes I feel afraid to post about

something people on here say, because I am new to this and don't have the expertise or knowledge about this disease as others do, but what you said in this post is exactly what I go through. Have a good day.

Christy

Subject: Memory loss questionTo: Neurosarcoidosis Date: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 10:21 AM

One of my most alarming symptoms, to me, has been the extreme memory loss. I can lose three hours at a time, act normal, function, nobody knows anything is different, but all of a sudden it's three hours later and I don't know what I've been doing. Is this a common thing in NS? I have had tests and it is not seizures.Thanks.Michele

Guest guest

Hi,

It's been very common for me. My doctors told me that it could be from the NS or the meds I'm taking for it. Only short term memory, my long term memory is fine.

hang in there.

Rick

Subject: Memory loss questionTo: Neurosarcoidosis Date: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 11:21 AM

One of my most alarming symptoms, to me, has been the extreme memory loss. I can lose three hours at a time, act normal, function, nobody knows anything is different, but all of a sudden it's three hours later and I don't know what I've been doing. Is this a common thing in NS? I have had tests and it is not seizures.Thanks.Michele

Guest guest

Christy,

Don't be afraid to post or offer advice. We all are in the same process, and to find ways to cope with living with a disability that takes so much-- is what we're about.

When my sarc first went systemic and neuro 7 yrs ago, (I've had it for 17 yrs) I found myself not able to remember where I'd left my car. I went so far as to walk the local mall, and standing outside the store, security came by- and asked what my car looked like, etc-- he sent me back inside where it was cool-- and went, found my car, came back for me, and took me to my car. It was clear at the other end-- and I didn't have a clue how many times I'd even walked the mall..

Then there was the time that I went to the grocery store, got out of the car, thought I'd locked my keys into the car, so I reached in thru the open window, and pulled out my cellphone, called AAA, and asked for an assist. I put my cellphone back in my purse, again thru the open window-- and sat in the Aug. heat --110+ waiting for AAA.

Finally, it dawned on me that my window was open, I wasn't locked out and I didn't need help -- so I did manage to cancel the tow truck before it got there- but man was that a scary time.

I finally put together that some of it was that my sleep meds-- Ambien, had me majorally losing that short term memory, on top of the pred- so many components play part in what is happening to us.

Now, I park at one specific end of the mall, every time, and that has helped to narrow the event down!

Hugs,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

Memory loss questionTo: Neurosarcoidosis Date: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 10:21 AM

Guest guest

I have this problem too, at the end of the day I can remember or see what I've done all day? Sometimes my kids ask me, Mom what are you doing, and I'm sitting at my desk and say " I don't know " , and mean it. I will start to say something to someone and before I finish the first word, I already forgot what I was going to say. I feel like I'm stuttering a lot too. MY docs say 1/2 NS, and 1/2 age:). lol, ,Marla

One of my most alarming symptoms, to me, has been the extreme memory

loss. I can lose three hours at a time, act normal, function, nobody

knows anything is different, but all of a sudden it's three hours later

and I don't know what I've been doing. Is this a common thing in NS?

I have had tests and it is not seizures.

Thanks.

Michele

-- Marla Bramer Independent Beauty Consultant Kaymbramer@... www.marykay.com

'I know the plans I have for you, declared the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you; Plans to give you a future and a hope

Guest guest

Tracie, I used to be like that when I went to the store. I would come out and have no earthly idea where I had parked. So now it has gotten a little better but I do try to do like u and park at the same end usually to help me remember. Shauna in Atl.

Guest guest

Hi,

I can really relate to your experiences, only it's not only wih my keys! i try to find a place that relates to me somehow or tell myself, I parked ..... or I placed my keys, books etc on the table or somewhere else.

VP

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: tiodaat2001@...Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 16:24:39 -0700Subject: Re: Memory loss question

Christy,

Don't be afraid to post or offer advice. We all are in the same process, and to find ways to cope with living with a disability that takes so much-- is what we're about.

When my sarc first went systemic and neuro 7 yrs ago, (I've had it for 17 yrs) I found myself not able to remember where I'd left my car. I went so far as to walk the local mall, and standing outside the store, security came by- and asked what my car looked like, etc-- he sent me back inside where it was cool-- and went, found my car, came back for me, and took me to my car. It was clear at the other end-- and I didn't have a clue how many times I'd even walked the mall..

Then there was the time that I went to the grocery store, got out of the car, thought I'd locked my keys into the car, so I reached in thru the open window, and pulled out my cellphone, called AAA, and asked for an assist. I put my cellphone back in my purse, again thru the open window-- and sat in the Aug. heat --110+ waiting for AAA.

Finally, it dawned on me that my window was open, I wasn't locked out and I didn't need help -- so I did manage to cancel the tow truck before it got there- but man was that a scary time.

I finally put together that some of it was that my sleep meds-- Ambien, had me majorally losing that short term memory, on top of the pred- so many components play part in what is happening to us.

Now, I park at one specific end of the mall, every time, and that has helped to narrow the event down!

Hugs,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

Memory loss questionTo: Neurosarcoidosis Date: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 10:21 AM

Discover the new Windows Vista Learn more!