RemedySpot.com

Remicade ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

sorry I haven't been around, hard week, two Dr. appointments. and my liver enzymes went too high, so I had to stop the Methotrexate, then when I went in to get my Remicade infusion, he said he had to check my liver again,. so the he did a stat liver test but the machine was down, so I reschedule for Friday, and he called

me back and said the liver enzymes are better, still high but better, so OK for Remicade, but stay off Methotrexate for awhile. I talked to him about the possibility of the Remicade attacking my body without the Metho, but he said some autoimmune diseases don't build antibodies not matter what, then I remembered that when

I took the Hep A (I think) and they later did a titer, I had No antibodies against it, so they gave me the series again, and same no antibodies, so he said maybe Sacoid is one of those, he's just not sure. but if the liver enzymes stay up, I will have to stop the Metho.

ANY thoughts on this, Anybody?? I'm a little discouraged and sad, I've (many for me) have worked so hard to get this remicade, and I already feel better, I don't want to stop, but am also afraid of a reaction. Hope you all are having a pain free day. Marla

--

Guest guest

Marla,

Are you doing the Milk thistle capsules? If not, get some-- and start taking them on a regular basis-- the tea also works and it can be added just by using a mt tea bag with whatever you brew for suntea.

How about the metho injections? That would bypass the liver. I suspect when your body settles down into the regular routine of the infusions, that this will help.

I don't think that you'll develop a problem with the Remicade-- you've made it this far.

I knew something was up when I hadn't heard from you. I'll be around this afternoon, I need to get out for a short bit this morning.

Email Dr. Sharma and see what he suggests as far as the alternatives to MTX in conjunction w/Remicade.

Love to you,

Tracie

Remicade ?

sorry I haven't been around, hard week, two Dr. appointments. and my liver enzymes went too high, so I had to stop the Methotrexate, then when I went in to get my Remicade infusion, he said he had to check my liver again,. so the he did a stat liver test but the machine was down, so I reschedule for Friday, and he called me back and said the liver enzymes are better, still high but better, so OK for Remicade, but stay off Methotrexate for awhile. I talked to him about the possibility of the Remicade attacking my body without the Metho, but he said some autoimmune diseases don't build antibodies not matter what, then I remembered that when I took the Hep A (I think) and they later did a titer, I had No antibodies against it, so they gave me the series again, and same no antibodies, so he said maybe Sacoid is one of those, he's just not sure. but if the liver enzymes stay up, I will have to

stop the Metho. ANY thoughts on this, Anybody?? I'm a little discouraged and sad, I've (many for me) have worked so hard to get this remicade, and I already feel better, I don't want to stop, but am also afraid of a reaction. Hope you all are having a pain free day. Marla --

Guest guest

I have been doing the Milk thistle caps, do you think it would cause the enzymes to go up? How many a day do you take, I was taking them about twice a day, sometimes I would miss a dose here and there.

I haven't felt very good this week, just got up from a nap and don't feel any better then before I took it. But tomorrow will be a better day. Thanks Tracie, will look up Sharma email address and ask him. I'm so glad you can get out now, are the fires over?

Marla,

Are you doing the Milk thistle capsules? If not, get some-- and start taking them on a regular basis-- the tea also works and it can be added just by using a mt tea bag with whatever you brew for suntea.

How about the metho injections? That would bypass the liver. I suspect when your body settles down into the regular routine of the infusions, that this will help.

I don't think that you'll develop a problem with the Remicade-- you've made it this far.

I knew something was up when I hadn't heard from you. I'll be around this afternoon, I need to get out for a short bit this morning.

Email Dr. Sharma and see what he suggests as far as the alternatives to MTX in conjunction w/Remicade.

Love to you,

Tracie

Remicade ?

sorry I haven't been around, hard week, two Dr. appointments. and my liver enzymes went too high, so I had to stop the Methotrexate, then when I went in to get my Remicade infusion, he said he had to check my liver again,. so the he did a stat liver test but the machine was down, so I reschedule for Friday, and he called

me back and said the liver enzymes are better, still high but better, so OK for Remicade, but stay off Methotrexate for awhile. I talked to him about the possibility of the Remicade attacking my body without the Metho, but he said some autoimmune diseases don't build antibodies not matter what, then I remembered that when

I took the Hep A (I think) and they later did a titer, I had No antibodies against it, so they gave me the series again, and same no antibodies, so he said maybe Sacoid is one of those, he's just not sure. but if the liver enzymes stay up, I will have to

stop the Metho. ANY thoughts on this, Anybody?? I'm a little discouraged and sad, I've (many for me) have worked so hard to get this remicade, and I already feel better, I don't want to stop, but am also afraid of a reaction. Hope you all are having a pain free day. Marla

--

-- Marla Bramer Independent Beauty Consultant Kaymbramer@... www.marykay.com

'I know the plans I have for you, declared the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you; Plans to give you a future and a hope

Guest guest

Increase the Milk Thistle. It is water soluble-- like Vit C, so doesn't do any harm. It is the best liver detox out there. I take 3 tablets 3x a day, and my liver enzymes are fine. Increase your fluid intake, and make sure you keep your potassium levels up-- eat that banana!

The fires are still going, but are 90% contained, they are looking at mid Aug before they actually burn themselves out. They're talking Labor Day for the ones in Tehama County-- WhiskeyTown Lake - Redding area.

This is beautiful country, but it is still some of the most rugged country you'll ever see. We have alot of granite canyons, and it is all lava fields from Shasta and Lassen. Makes for very, very difficult access. So much of what is burning hasn't gone up in over 100 years, and was so prime that this was bound to happen. We really have to get the enviromentalists to realize that if you insist on such control and containment that this is the effect, and this is a bigger problem to air quality than control burns would have created.

So many of the pines won't germinate unless the cones catch fire,- so this way we'll have another new forest and healthier trees than we have by not harvesting within reason.

Now PGE is just coming in and clear cutting private property, and the homeowner has to handle the downfall and clean-up, and the home owner absorbs the cost.

The property caretakes is one where we've gone in and groomed to "park-like" condition, getting rid of the undergrowth, and that stops the fuel and by doing forest management on the grounds, we slow the possiblity of fire coming in and lighting the canapy of the trees-- so you actually save the forest-- and keep the fire danger down. The forest in this area will have huge old growth trees in 20 yrs that can be harvested and then the newer trees will develop again into large healthy growth.

It's alot of work, but man can you see the difference where the fires hit, and the property that has been groomed.

I'm not taking any deep breathes until this is all over this fall-- but I'll keep imaging doing so...

Love to you,

Tracie

Remicade ?

sorry I haven't been around, hard week, two Dr. appointments. and my liver enzymes went too high, so I had to stop the Methotrexate, then when I went in to get my Remicade infusion, he said he had to check my liver again,. so the he did a stat liver test but the machine was down, so I reschedule for Friday, and he called me back and said the liver enzymes are better, still high but better, so OK for Remicade, but stay off Methotrexate for awhile. I talked to him about the possibility of the Remicade attacking my body without the Metho, but he said some autoimmune diseases don't build antibodies not matter what, then I remembered that when I took the Hep A (I think) and they later did a titer, I had No antibodies against it, so they gave me the series again, and same no antibodies, so he said maybe Sacoid is one of those, he's just not sure. but if the liver enzymes stay up, I will have to

stop the Metho. ANY thoughts on this, Anybody?? I'm a little discouraged and sad, I've (many for me) have worked so hard to get this remicade, and I already feel better, I don't want to stop, but am also afraid of a reaction. Hope you all are having a pain free day. Marla -- -- Marla Bramer Independent Beauty Consultant Kaymbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com www.marykay. com 'I know the plans I have for you, declared the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you; Plans to give you a future and a hope

Guest guest

Tracie, is there a brand of Milk Thistle that you recommend? I want to try it also and would rather start with one that has been proven.

Thanks!

Michele (FL)

Guest guest

Livatone is the one I take. It has 700mg of MilkThistle extract, I take 3 in the morning, and generally 3 more at lunch, then again at dinner. My enzymes are all in the normal range as long as I don't get dehydrated. If I slip up on getting fluids for even a day, then my Alkaline Phosphatate goes way up.

the site for this is www.liverdoctor.com. This s a formula developed by Dr. Cabot, M.D.

I don't remember what I pay-- but I'm sure they'll have it online.

Hug,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

Re: Remicade ?

Tracie, is there a brand of Milk Thistle that you recommend? I want to try it also and would rather start with one that has been proven.

Thanks!

Michele (FL)