RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Bernie Mac dies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I thought you guys new he had sarcoid.. my son told me years ago. I didn't know until than

Many Blessings and Hugs Abouhamama

Hey Guys,When I first read that he had died I told my husband I bet he hadsarcoid. Sure enough when I read the article it was sarcoid. How muchlonger is this disease going to be ignored?Well, my two cents worth.Terri G.>> Subject: Re: Bernie Mac dies> To: Neurosarcoidosis > Date: Saturday, August 9, 2008, 11:03 AM>>>>>>>> I was just going to post this,, we lost another one>> Many Blessings and Hugs> Abouhamama>>> In a message dated 8/9/2008 9:50:57 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,mary_s777 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com writes:>>>>>>>>>> Actor and comedian Bernie Mac dies at age 50>>>> By F.N. D'ALESSIO, Associated Press Writer 8 minutes ago> CHICAGO - Bernie Mac, the Emmy and Golden Globe nominated actor andcomedian who worked his way to Hollywood success from an impoverishedupbringing on Chicago's South Side, died Saturday at age 50.>>>>> ADVERTISEMENT>> "Actor/comedian Bernie Mac passed away this morning from complicationsdue to pneumonia in a Chicago area hospital," his publicist, Danica, said in a statement from Los Angeles.> She said no other details were available and asked that his family'sprivacy be respected.> The comedian suffered from sarcoidosis, an inflammatory lung diseasethat produces tiny lumps of cells in the body's organs, but had said thecondition went into remission in 2005. He recently was hospitalized andtreated for pneumonia, which his publicist said was not related to thedisease.> Recently, Mac's brand of comedy caught him flack when he was heckledduring a surprise appearance at a July fundraiser for Democraticpresidential candidate and fellow Chicagoan Barack Obama.> Toward the end of a 10-minute standup routine, Mac joked aboutmenopause, sexual infidelity and promiscuity, and used occasional crudelanguage. The performance earned him a rebuke from Obama's campaign.> But despite controversy or difficulties, in his words, Mac was alwaysa performer.> "Wherever I am, I have to play," he said in 2002. "I have to put on agood show."> Mac started his comedy career at age 8, with a standup performance ata church dinner. In 1977, at age 20, he took that act to comedy clubs inChicago.> His film career started with a small role as a club doorman in theDamon Wayans movie "Mo' Money" in 1992. Mac went on to star in the"Ocean's Eleven" franchise with Brad Pitt and Clooney and histurn with Ashton Kutcher in 2005's "Guess Who?" — a remake of theSpencer and Katharine Hepburn 1967 classic "Guess Who's Coming toDinner?" — topped the box office.> Mac also had starring roles in "Bad Santa," "Charlie's Angels: FullThrottle" and "Transformers. "> The comedian drew critical and popular acclaim with his Fox televisionseries "The Bernie Mac Show," which aired more than 100 episodes from2001 to 2006.> The series about a man's adventures raising his sister's threechildren, won a Peabody Award in 2002. At the time, judges wrote theychose the sitcom for transcending "race and class while lifting viewerswith laughter, compassion — and cool."> The show garnered Golden Globe and Emmy nominations for Mac. He alsowas nominated for a Grammy award for best comedy album in 2001 alongwith his "The Original Kings of Comedy" co-stars, Steve Harvey, D.L.Hughley and Cedric The Entertainer.> In 2007, Mac told Letterman on CBS' "Late Show" that he plannedto retire soon.> "I'm going to still do my producing, my films, but I want to enjoy mylife a little bit," Mac told Letterman. "I missed a lot of things, youknow. I was a street performer for two years. I went into clubs in1977."> Mac was born Bernard McCullough on Oct. 5, 1957, in Chicago.He grew up on the city's South Side, living with his mother andgrandparents. His grandfather was the deacon of a Baptist church.> In his 2004 memoir, "Maybe You Never Cry Again," Mac wrote abouthaving a poor childhood — eating bologna for dinner — and astrict, no-nonsense upbringing.> Mac's mother died of cancer when he was 16. In his book, Mac said shewas a support for him and told him he would surprise everyone when hegrew up.> "Woman believed in me," he wrote. "She believed in me long before Ibelieved."> ___> Associated Press writer Carla also contributed to this report.>>>> Email Story> IM Story> Printable View>> Yahoo! Buzz>> RECOMMEND THIS STORY>>>> Recommend It:>> Average (95 votes)>> » Recommended Stories>>>>> Entertainment News> McConaughey to plant son's placenta in orchard AP> 'American Idol' crooner Clay Aiken becomes a father AP> Burning Q's: Why Is Freaky Friday So Freakin' Freaky? E! Online> , , How Does Your Garden Grow? E! Online> Angie Everhart's Boyfriend Busted for Battery E! Online>> Most Viewed: Entertainment> McConaughey to plant son's placenta in orchard AP> Dreyfuss sues father, uncle over loan AP> Read the Tea Leaves, Hon Dear Margo> 'American Idol' crooner Clay Aiken now a father AP> Burning Q's: Why Is Freaky Friday So Freakin' Freaky? E! Online>>> Entertainment Video>> Stockton Arena Busted For Selling Alcohol To Minor CBS 13 / CW 31Sacramento - Fri Aug 8, 10:22 PM ET> Review: A 'hit' and miss Apatow comedy AP - Fri Aug 8, 6:03 PM ET>> No light ahead for 'Dark Knight' game AP - Fri Aug 8, 5:11 PM ET> Hollywood Nation: 8/7 FOX News - Fri Aug 8, 4:04 PM ET>>>>> 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you," declares the> Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give youhope> and a future. "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself"( 16:24 NIV).>>>>>>> Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Readreviews on AOL Autos.> Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.

I thought must of us knew too. Bernie Mac was hospitalized previously with pneumonia and they downplayed the sarcoid he had...now I see that some reports are downplaying it again. right, Connie?

Debbie T.

Co-Moderator

Subject: Re: Re: Bernie Mac diesTo: Neurosarcoidosis Date: Saturday, August 9, 2008, 9:51 PM

I thought you guys new he had sarcoid.. my son told me years ago. I didn't know until than

Many Blessings and Hugs Abouhamama

In a message dated 8/9/2008 9:09:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, mosaicgirl1@ yahoo.com writes:

Hey Guys,When I first read that he had died I told my husband I bet he hadsarcoid. Sure enough when I read the article it was sarcoid. How muchlonger is this disease going to be ignored?Well, my two cents worth.Terri G.>> From: JessicAbouhamama@ ... JessicAbouhamama@ ...> Subject: Re: Bernie Mac dies> To: Neurosarcoidosis@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Saturday, August 9, 2008, 11:03 AM>>>>>>>> I was just going to post this,, we lost another one>> Many Blessings and Hugs> Abouhamama>>> In a message dated 8/9/2008 9:50:57 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,mary_s777 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com writes:>>>>>>>>>> Actor and comedian Bernie Mac dies at age 50>>>> By F.N. D'ALESSIO, Associated Press Writer 8 minutes ago> CHICAGO - Bernie Mac, the Emmy and

Golden Globe nominated actor andcomedian who worked his way to Hollywood success from an impoverishedupbringing on Chicago's South Side, died Saturday at age 50.>>>>> ADVERTISEMENT>> "Actor/comedian Bernie Mac passed away this morning from complicationsdue to pneumonia in a Chicago area hospital," his publicist, Danica, said in a statement from Los Angeles.> She said no other details were available and asked that his family'sprivacy be respected.> The comedian suffered from sarcoidosis, an inflammatory lung diseasethat produces tiny lumps of cells in the body's organs, but had said thecondition went into remission in 2005. He recently was hospitalized andtreated for pneumonia, which his publicist said was not related to thedisease.> Recently, Mac's brand of comedy caught him flack when he was heckledduring a surprise appearance at a July

fundraiser for Democraticpresidential candidate and fellow Chicagoan Barack Obama.> Toward the end of a 10-minute standup routine, Mac joked aboutmenopause, sexual infidelity and promiscuity, and used occasional crudelanguage. The performance earned him a rebuke from Obama's campaign.> But despite controversy or difficulties, in his words, Mac was alwaysa performer.> "Wherever I am, I have to play," he said in 2002. "I have to put on agood show."> Mac started his comedy career at age 8, with a standup performance ata church dinner. In 1977, at age 20, he took that act to comedy clubs inChicago.> His film career started with a small role as a club doorman in theDamon Wayans movie "Mo' Money" in 1992. Mac went on to star in the"Ocean's Eleven" franchise with Brad Pitt and Clooney and histurn with Ashton Kutcher in 2005's "Guess Who?" — a remake of theSpencer and

Katharine Hepburn 1967 classic "Guess Who's Coming toDinner?" — topped the box office.> Mac also had starring roles in "Bad Santa," "Charlie's Angels: FullThrottle" and "Transformers. "> The comedian drew critical and popular acclaim with his Fox televisionseries "The Bernie Mac Show," which aired more than 100 episodes from2001 to 2006.> The series about a man's adventures raising his sister's threechildren, won a Peabody Award in 2002. At the time, judges wrote theychose the sitcom for transcending "race and class while lifting viewerswith laughter, compassion — and cool."> The show garnered Golden Globe and Emmy nominations for Mac. He alsowas nominated for a Grammy award for best comedy album in 2001 alongwith his "The Original Kings of Comedy" co-stars, Steve Harvey, D.L.Hughley and Cedric The Entertainer.> In 2007, Mac told Letterman on CBS' "Late Show" that he

plannedto retire soon.> "I'm going to still do my producing, my films, but I want to enjoy mylife a little bit," Mac told Letterman. "I missed a lot of things, youknow. I was a street performer for two years. I went into clubs in1977."> Mac was born Bernard McCullough on Oct. 5, 1957, in Chicago.He grew up on the city's South Side, living with his mother andgrandparents. His grandfather was the deacon of a Baptist church.> In his 2004 memoir, "Maybe You Never Cry Again," Mac wrote abouthaving a poor childhood — eating bologna for dinner — and astrict, no-nonsense upbringing.> Mac's mother died of cancer when he was 16. In his book, Mac said shewas a support for him and told him he would surprise everyone when hegrew up.> "Woman believed in me," he wrote. "She believed in me long before Ibelieved."> ___> Associated Press writer Carla also

contributed to this report.>>>> Email Story> IM Story> Printable View>> Yahoo! Buzz>> RECOMMEND THIS STORY>>>> Recommend It:>> Average (95 votes)>> » Recommended Stories>>>>> Entertainment News> McConaughey to plant son's placenta in orchard AP> 'American Idol' crooner Clay Aiken becomes a father AP> Burning Q's: Why Is Freaky Friday So Freakin' Freaky? E! Online> , , How Does Your Garden Grow? E! Online> Angie Everhart's Boyfriend Busted for Battery E! Online>> Most Viewed: Entertainment> McConaughey to plant son's placenta in orchard AP> Dreyfuss sues father, uncle over loan AP> Read the Tea Leaves, Hon Dear Margo> 'American Idol' crooner Clay Aiken now a father AP> Burning Q's: Why Is

Freaky Friday So Freakin' Freaky? E! Online>>> Entertainment Video>> Stockton Arena Busted For Selling Alcohol To Minor CBS 13 / CW 31Sacramento - Fri Aug 8, 10:22 PM ET> Review: A 'hit' and miss Apatow comedy AP - Fri Aug 8, 6:03 PM ET>> No light ahead for 'Dark Knight' game AP - Fri Aug 8, 5:11 PM ET> Hollywood Nation: 8/7 FOX News - Fri Aug 8, 4:04 PM ET>>>>> 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you," declares the> Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give youhope> and a future. "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself"( 16:24 NIV).>>>>>>> Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Readreviews on AOL Autos.>

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.

Madonna, I agree with you completely! I do know that

NBA star Bill and his daughter, , both have

Sarcoidosis. There are others but I cannot remember

who at this time...........

Hugs,

Darlene

NS Co-Owner/Moderator

Re: Bernie Mac dies

Good day everyone,It is Madonna again; I just have to chime in again and let you know that I am not a big person in the media and I 'think' I am Oprah, but I am really upset that the media downplays Sarcoid like it does. Reggie White also died from complications of Sarcoid and no matter what the media says - sarc compromises the auto-immune system and wreaks havoc on other body parts.National Sarcoidosis Awareness Day is August 29 and I am going to do something about it. We cannot let folks like Reggie and Bernie die in vain, due to a disease that needs more research.Duff, Tisha , Angie Stone, and many others I know have sarc, lets try to find out who else does and make it a national venue!I am going to work on this folks...watch me!Madonna