RemedySpot.com

Milk Thistle

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I use a combination called Livatone Liver Tonic that has 700mg of Milk Thistle, Taurine, Psyllium, Dandelion, Slippery Elm in it. These are all Liver detoxifiers, and it is developed by an MD. You can order it through www.liverdoctor.com. I pay $20 for 120 tablets--and generally it lasts about a month.

You can't take too much-- it's non-toxic and water soluble like Vit C.

Even with the triple combination of my Plaquenil, Methotrexate and Remicade-- my liver enzymes are in very good shape. I do really watch what I drink, staying away from sodas, sparkling waters, alcholol, and caffeine.

My drink of choice is a good decaf sun tea-- or plain water. A good fruit smoothie is excellant - I like to add a bit of whey protein and it will serve as breakfast often. The protein makes it so that I don't get that sugar spike-- and drop to low blood sugar levels a couple of hours later. I also use Rice Dream Vanilla flavor "milk" instead of juice, as that too keeps the blood sugar more in check, without the gluten and lactic acid. Add a good yoghurt (stay away from the ones with fruit added, they all sweeten with high fructose corn syrup) so I use a plain Vanilla flavor--- and a cup of frozen mixed berries, a banana or whatever fresh fruit I have in the house. Ymmm!!!

HOpe this helps,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator