RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:(no subject)shauna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

yes i find when i start to feel depressed i need to just get out of the house. even if its just for short walk, or i pick up a book i've been wanting to read or put a movie in the dvd player helps. It gets your mind off being sick and the feeling of depression goes away. sherif, works out of state and leave at 8:30am and don't get home until 9pm, and were down to one car, so i can't just pick up and go out like i used to. so i find myself getting depressed more offen. I only got to college part-time and i walk to school, I am very lucky that the college i go to is only down the road, so the days i have school i am excited to just get out and feel like a normal person for those few hours also. at the rate im going i won't finsh pre-med for atleast 2 more years, but hey im finding there is many people my age waiting until they are in there 40tys and 50tys to return to school. at the end of the few hours i do a week, i feel a sence of accomplishment. so that's my few cents worth on the subject.. i hope you find something that helps you deal with the depression.

many hugs and blessings

Many Blessings and Hugs Abouhamama

Shauna,

I agree it helps to try to get out of the house once a day at least for a bit. Just getting out of the "Sick zone" in my house , my hideout, my bedroom helps to forget about your aches & pains. Even a short walk or getting out of the yard helps with sitting inside depressed.

My psych dr. actually wrote it out as a prescription for me to try and walk 20 mins. a day!

Debbie T.

Co-Moderator

From: Shauna Glaspie <sglaspie2000 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re:(no subject)To: Neurosarcoidosis Date: Monday, July 28, 2008, 4:51 PM

Hi Moish Pomeranc,

I just came off methylprednisone after almost a year. I have been on and off prednisone for 5 years. I have flares and until last year I wasn't having any problems with my lungs. Just the headaches and fatigue and eye problems. Neurological problems most. I do find that since being off for three weeks I feel very tired on the third week. My energy level is not what it was with the prednisone but I guess I have to get used to it. I can't do what I normally do. I usually work out at the gym and walk on the treadmill but today in my resistance training class I founf that I fatigue much quicker now. Even walking around the store is has me tired.

As for the headaches I find that in the hot summer I cannot go out in thed heat because it gives me headaches also. So I learn to do what I do earlier in the mornings or at night. That way I don't get the headaches from the heat.

Last year when we were reaching those extreme temps I just stayed in the house until it was cooler because if I was out there for even 2 minutes I had a headache. So I just avoid it if I can.

As for depression I do think that it is the medicine and the sarcoidosis. At times I am sitting in my apartment and I feel uneasy. I know that it is the medicine because normally I don't feel that way. I try to get out during the day for a minute when I can because sometimes I just need to be around people so I want think about what is hurting or feeling a little afraid in my home.

Hope this helps. Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.