RemedySpot.com

RE: depression/ sleep/ Tracie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,

Thanks for yor knowledge.

I had my thyroids taken out when I was 18. I'm taking eltroxin since. It doesn't mean thatn I am stable all the time. Another thing that gets to me is the sudden "down". I can be okay one second and then all of a sudden, I lost all my strength and everything goes into slooow motion,. Does that happen to you?

Pomy

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: tiodaat2001@...Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:59:02 -0700Subject: Re: depression/ sleep

Pomy,

You have the signs of clinical depression. You may want to talk with your MD and see about getting on something to help. The crying jags, sleeping all the time, no energy, no interest in socializing, etc-- are all signs of depression. We all know that pred can really push us over the edge as far as our emotions and mental health, but then so does living with constant pain and chronic illness.

Remember that if your thyroid is out of whack, or any other hormonal system-- that depression can easily creep in. If you are in pain, and aren't sleeping well, or have sleep apnea (do you snore?) that the disruption of sleep increases the chance of depression. The pain also disrupts sleep cycles, and you end up in a sleep deprived pain cycle. The solution is generally an antidepressant to get the seratonin/norephinephrene (sp) levels back into line.

For those of us that have sleep apnea from the added weight gain of long term steroid use-- Cpaps are wonderful. I know when I had a couple of sleep studies done, that between the restless legs and the disruption of my breathing, I wasn't getting into REM sleep --so I wasn't dreaming. It's that last sleep portion that is the most restorative, and I was waking up more than 1000 times in 8 hrs of sleep.

It wasn't until I had multiple auto accidents (I'd had over 26 yrs of no accidents) within a short time frame-- that we started putting the puzzle together.

That extra weight has a tendency to make the soft palate of our mouth drop down when we sleep, obstructing the wind pipe and we jerk awake. Maybe not fully, or even conciously, but enough so that we're never rested during the day.

Hope this helps my friend,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

Hi,I sometmes have the urge to write and try to explain what is going on with me, because there is no one i can speak with here. The last time I took steriods was about 3 years ago, and i had most of the symptons that went along with them, especially depression. Since I stopped taking them, I sometimes go into a state of near "depression" , I can cry at movies or some stupid tv show. I feel tired and want to sleep. Has anyone experienced this? Is it left over residue from taking steriods at a high dosage for so long? The next thing is I'm getting a lot of headaches, I suffered from Ns and I feel the hot weathrr has gotten to me this year. Can it be from the heat? Overall tiredness! I wanted to go away today and when I was ready, I felt I had to lie down and couldn't get myself to gether, just general tiredness. I was dx with lung sarc 17 years ago and it left scar tissue. last week, iwas on a walk with a group and the pace was speed up a bit. I tried to keep up, but I felt my lungs were on fire and it was hjust hard to breath. When I got back home, my lungs hurt so much, I just took it easy for a couple of days and am afaraid to take deep breathes. I don't smoke, but I have developed a a small cough 10 dyass ago and it won't leave me. I thought it could be from the air conditioner, but now I am thinking it might be related to the lungs. I really need your advise and help. Thanks!!!@

Get news, entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com. Check it out!

Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger Get it now!

Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger  Get it now!