RemedySpot.com

Re: HAS ANY ONE HAD A BONE MAROW BIOPSY DONE USING YOUR HIP

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Judy, I've had one done.. and it was extremely important in diagnosising my anemia issues.. seems they had just waved off my increasing decline in my Hemaglobin and HCT.. was giving me Procrit shots costing 2000.00 per month.. saying I had "Chronic Illness Anemia" when in fact after the bone marrow, turns out I had "Iron Definency Anemia" which a 8.00 bottle of Iron tablets corrected my anemia problems..

I know you have MRSA issue, besure the doctor that does this is very much aware of it.. and takes every precaution.. The procedure does hurt a tad bit, but was done in the office.. I had no problems, except for a sore hip for a few days..

You want this done, right? Or is my memory slipping again?

Good luck and best wishes..

HAS ANY ONE HAD A BONE MAROW BIOPSY DONE USING YOUR HIP

I am a mess I think I have a severe case of skin sarcoid. My arms look like they are covered with white powder. my shoulders have red blotches and my legs have red circular blotches they are not like erythema Nordosa I have had them two times before.Friday I go for the bone marrow biopsy which will be taken from my hip, they do this with local anesthesia.I am so scared about having this done.I am beyond myself with fear. I just feel this is all to much and I just don't have the strength to handle al;l this.Judy in PA

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.1/1469 - Release Date: 5/27/2008 1:25 PM

Guest guest

Judy, when they thought I had non-hodgkins lymphoma (before they found out it was sarc) Winston Cancer Inst at Emory did one. It was not that bad, the only time I got a jolt was when the needle went through the capsule inside the hip, but it only lasted a second and the rest was fine. They didn't use anything but local skin anesthetic. Like Theresa my hip was a little sore for a couple of days, but nothing serious. Try not to get yourself all tensed up, that always makes it harder. Take Care Connie wrote: Judy, I've had one done.. and it was extremely important in diagnosising my anemia issues.. seems they had just waved off my increasing decline in my Hemaglobin and HCT.. was giving me Procrit shots costing 2000.00 per month.. saying I had "Chronic Illness Anemia" when in fact after the bone marrow, turns out I had "Iron Definency Anemia" which a 8.00 bottle of Iron tablets corrected my anemia problems.. I know you have MRSA issue, besure the doctor that does this is very much aware of it.. and takes every precaution.. The procedure does hurt a tad bit, but was done in the office.. I had no problems, except for a sore hip for a few days.. You want this done, right? Or is my memory

slipping again? Good luck and best wishes.. HAS ANY ONE HAD A BONE MAROW BIOPSY DONE USING YOUR HIP I am a mess I think I have a

severe case of skin sarcoid. My arms look like they are covered with white powder. my shoulders have red blotches and my legs have red circular blotches they are not like erythema Nordosa I have had them two times before.Friday I go for the bone marrow biopsy which will be taken from my hip, they do this with local anesthesia.I am so scared about having this done.I am beyond myself with fear. I just feel this is all to much and I just don't have the strength to handle al;l this.Judy in PA No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.1/1469 - Release Date: 5/27/2008 1:25 PM

Guest guest

Judy,

I've not had this done, but you are strong enough to handle this You've been through worse-- and this may very well give you some answers. You need to know what is going on so that you can refocus on getting better rather than spending all your precious energy on the fear of what if's.

There is a wonderful book-- get it at the library-- THE ZOOKEEPERS WIFE, by Ackerman that is about the holocaust. What I've found is that these people in the face of such absolute destruction to their souls, their lives, families, health-- made such an incredible sacrifices to stay alive and keep others alive-- it's a must read. It will get you out of yourself and help each of us to realize that what is important is the small beauties we see around us-- stars in the night sky, kids laughing , flowers in bloom- and bring us back into the moment-- and that is all we know we have! So enjoy it instead of being in fear-- and yes, I do understand the fear-- I just unloaded it myself...

Hugs,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

HAS ANY ONE HAD A BONE MAROW BIOPSY DONE USING YOUR HIP

I am a mess I think I have a severe case of skin sarcoid. My arms look like they are covered with white powder. my shoulders have red blotches and my legs have red circular blotches they are not like erythema Nordosa I have had them two times before.Friday I go for the bone marrow biopsy which will be taken from my hip, they do this with local anesthesia.I am so scared about having this done.I am beyond myself with fear. I just feel this is all to much and I just don't have the strength to handle al;l this.Judy in PA

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.1/1469 - Release Date: 5/27/2008 1:25 PM