RemedySpot.com

RE: Farmworkers and Alcoholism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Miigrant Health Promotion's Nuevas Avenidas program (in the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley area) focuses on mental and behavioral health and substance abuse - including alcoholism - in populations that include significant numbers of farmworkers. Is there anything I can help you with?

Phillis Engelbert

Associate Director for Special Projects

Migrant Health Promotion

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of Josh ShepherdSent: Monday, April 30, 2007 11:36 AM Subject: [ ] Farmworkers and Alcoholism

Hello everyone,Does anyone know of any organizations or programs that work with farmworkers and alcoholism?-- Josh ShepherdNational Center For Farmworker HealthResource Center Manager(512) 312-5463

Guest guest

Hello,

Migrant Health Promotion also has a Promotora program model that addresses substance abuse, mental health and related issues. However, if you are looking for programs that help farmworkers who are alcoholics and need treatment, I would refer you to Tri County Health Services in North Carolina. They have an inpatient and outpatient program for farmworkers dealing with substance abuse problems.

My best,

Tori Booker, MSW, MPHInterim Executive DirectorMigrant Health Promotion224 W. Michigan AvenueSaline, MI 48176(734) 944-0244 - phone(734) 944-1405 -faxVisit our website! www.migranthealth.org

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of Josh ShepherdSent: Monday, April 30, 2007 11:36 AM Subject: [ ] Farmworkers and Alcoholism

Hello everyone,Does anyone know of any organizations or programs that work with farmworkers and alcoholism?-- Josh ShepherdNational Center For Farmworker HealthResource Center Manager(512) 312-5463

Guest guest

Hi Josh,

Sun Street Center in Salinas, CA works with many farmworkers. You can

contact at lsanchez@... or 831-753-5140.

Best,

Ron

Ron Strochlic

Executive Director

California Institute for Rural Studies

221 G Street, Suite 204

, CA 95616

530-756-6555 x16

www.cirsinc.org

Farmworkers and Alcoholism

Posted by: " Josh Shepherd "

shepherd@...

jrs1977

Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:20 am (PST)

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of any organizations or programs that work with

farmworkers and alcoholism?

-- Josh Shepherd National Center For Farmworker Health Resource Center Manager (512) 312-5463

Guest guest

I am looking for a medical Spanish intensive course.

There are several on the Internet

Does anyone know of one that has a good reputation?

Jill Kilanowski

Assistant Professor

Case Western Reserve University

----- Original Message -----

Date: Monday, April 30, 2007 11:27 am

Subject: [ ] Farmworkers and Alcoholism

> Hello everyone,

>

> Does anyone know of any organizations or programs that work with

> farmworkers and alcoholism?

>

> --

> Josh Shepherd

> National Center For Farmworker Health

> Resource Center Manager

> (512) 312-5463

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Did you get a response to your question regarding the medical spanish course. I

am also in need of one.

Elaine Marshall

Sent: Mon 4/30/2007 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: [ ] Farmworkers and Alcoholism

I am looking for a medical Spanish intensive course.

There are several on the Internet

Does anyone know of one that has a good reputation?

Jill Kilanowski

Assistant Professor

Case Western Reserve University

----- Original Message -----

From: Josh Shepherd <shepherd@... <mailto:shepherd%40ncfh.org> >

Date: Monday, April 30, 2007 11:27 am

Subject: [ ] Farmworkers and Alcoholism

<mailto: %40>

> Hello everyone,

>

> Does anyone know of any organizations or programs that work with

> farmworkers and alcoholism?

>

> --

> Josh Shepherd

> National Center For Farmworker Health

> Resource Center Manager

> (512) 312-5463

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Good Morning,

Our Migrant Coalition has been endeavoring to collaborate with our local Substance and Alcohol Abuse Program in our community for nearly a year to address the needs of the MSFWs surrounding these issues. To date, we have made little headway other than to explore ways to provide prevention messages to youth. Outreach and treatment concerns have not been addressed. If anyone does have suggestions or information that we can share with our community partner, I would appreciate it. Thanks. Deborah Restivo

Deborah RestivoPublic Health Nurse - Public HealthOrleans County14012 Route 31 WestAlbion, NY 14411Phone: (585) 589-2763 ext 2763 Fax: (585) 589-6647Website: http://www.orleansny.comEmail: drestivo@...

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Marshall, Gwendolyn E.Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 3:20 PM Subject: RE: [ ] Farmworkers and Alcoholism

Did you get a response to your question regarding the medical spanish course. I am also in need of one.

Elaine Marshall

From: on behalf of Jill KilanowskiSent: Mon 4/30/2007 9:26 PM Subject: Re: [ ] Farmworkers and Alcoholism

I am looking for a medical Spanish intensive course.There are several on the InternetDoes anyone know of one that has a good reputation?Jill KilanowskiAssistant ProfessorCase Western Reserve University----- Original Message -----From: Josh Shepherd <shepherdncfh (DOT) org>Date: Monday, April 30, 2007 11:27 amSubject: [ ] Farmworkers and Alcoholism > Hello everyone,> > Does anyone know of any organizations or programs that work with > farmworkers and alcoholism?> > -- > Josh Shepherd> National Center For Farmworker Health> Resource Center Manager> (512) 312-5463> > > > >