RemedySpot.com

Starting Anti-virals

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am new to the group. My 3 1/2 year old son was diagnosed with ASD, ADHD, SPD in March 2012. Saw a Dan Doctor in May and had labwork done. Casein Peptide was high (stopped milk), fungal overgrowth (started Nystatin), poor nutrition etc.

His supplement and medication regimen based on that initial testing is as follow:

Methyl

B12 shots every 3 days, Culturelle

probiotic Daily, CoQ10

50mg daily, L-Carnitine

250mg Daily, DPP-IV

Digestive Enzyme by Kirkman, Topical

Alpha Lipoic Acid, Barlebean’s

Omega Swirl Daily, Carlson’s

Vitamin D drops 400mcg daily, Nystatin

Oral suspension Starting 6/28/12, Vitamin

A 5000IU, Vitamin

C 500mg, Vitamin

D3 200IU, Vitamin

E 200IU, Calcium

420mg, Chromium

200mcg, Magnesium

Glycinate 100mg, Molybdeum

Glycinate 150mcg, Selenium

200mcg, Zinc

Glycinate 30mg, topical B vitamins...(B1-10mg, B2-15mg, B3-50mg, B5-25mg, P-5-P

25mg, Biotin

200mcg, Folinic

0.8mg)He is significantly better (we are having conversations now, his fungal rash on his lips are gone, better eye contact, few stim behaviors etc) but he is not totally clear, his ADHD is significant, emotional lability, tantrums, sensory seeking etc persist. I took him to an allergist in October and his IgE testing was negative. This week I did further Metametric IgG food testing and will now take him off anything that has a mild elevation in addition to his casein free diet (nuts, wheat, eggs, mustard seed, sunflower seed). His soy IgG level was zero so I was thinking of continuing soy unless someone on this panel tells me that I shouldn't. Based on the information I read on this

group, I will switch his Nystatin to Diflucan 50mg twice daily. The fungal rash he had on the corners of his mouth cleared in August on Nystatin but from what I am reading, it seems that I need to go with Diflucan or Nizoral before starting an anti-viral. Yesterday I got his results back from all of the viral testing recommended in the Stop Calling it Autism Medical Treatment Protocol ( Thanks..this was a godsend). Everything was normal except his HSV 6 IgG antibodies were 11 ( should be less then 1). So...I am very hopeful that Valtrex will help him. I am scared to try this but based on his really high HSV 6 level, how can I not.QUESTIONS: 1) How long should I change him from Nystatin to Diflucan before starting the Valtrex? 2) Do you think I can keep soy in his diet since his IgG was zero. I am having trouble finding things that he will eat. 3) He loves fruit and some things I read say you have to keep the sugars low. How important is this? (Again...we are struggling to find him dairy free, wheat free, dye free, nut free, sunflower free foods to eat). He only gets organic fruit but eats quite a bit. He isn't a meat lover. We can barely get him to eat anything other than chicken nuggets.4) He is 37 pounds so I was thinking of Valtrex 250mg TID. He doesn't swallow pills so I will crush and I guess put in juice?5) Am I missing anything that I should add before I start Valtex? His Dan doctor isn't up to date with the anti-viral crew and I need

help. Thanks for your time in reading this and all the resources I have found from this group. We wouldn't be on this next stage in healing without the group.Vicki

Comments within. (Read the antiviral therapy 101 in my sig too!)

* * * Cheryl * * * ~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~~ Join the MB12Valtrex Yahoo! Group ~

I am new to the group. My 3 1/2 year old son was diagnosed with ASD, ADHD, SPD in March 2012. Saw a Dan Doctor in May and had labwork done. Welcome! QUESTIONS: 1) How long should I change him from Nystatin to Diflucan before starting the Valtrex? Start one, wait a month, add the other.2) Do you think I can keep soy in his diet since his IgG was zero. I am having trouble finding things that he will eat. Don't put too much faith in the tests. Best way to know is to eliminate and reintroduce.3) He loves fruit and some things I read say you have to keep the sugars low. How important is this? (Again...we are struggling to find him dairy free, wheat free, dye free, nut free, sunflower free foods to eat). He only gets organic fruit but eats quite a bit. He isn't a meat lover. We can barely get him to eat anything other than chicken nuggets.Diet never worked with my son. He eats fruit all the time. You know your son best. My opinion is he's got to eat. If that's what he'll eat, there are worse things out there.4) He is 37 pounds so I was thinking of Valtrex 250mg TID. He doesn't swallow pills so I will crush and I guess put in juice?No juice. Tastes too awful. You want to be able to get in quick and be done. My suggestion is to use whatever kind of ice cream fits in your diet. Just take a tablespoon, mix it in and get it over with quickly.5) Am I missing anything that I should add before I start Valtex? His Dan doctor isn't up to date with the anti-viral crew and I need

help.Try reading the link in my sig, it'll answer the majority of your questions..

def do diflucan.Nystatin doesn't go deep in gut. To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Saturday, December 8, 2012 7:16 AM Subject: Starting Anti-virals

I am new to the group. My 3 1/2 year old son was diagnosed with ASD, ADHD, SPD in March 2012. Saw a Dan Doctor in May and had labwork done. Casein Peptide was high (stopped milk), fungal overgrowth (started Nystatin), poor nutrition etc.

His supplement and medication regimen based on that initial testing is as follow:

Methyl

probiotic Daily, CoQ10

50mg daily, L-Carnitine

250mg Daily, DPP-IV

A 5000IU, Vitamin

C 500mg, Vitamin

D3 200IU, Vitamin

E 200IU, Calcium

420mg, Chromium

200mcg, Magnesium

200mcg, Zinc

25mg, Biotin

200mcg, Folinic

0.8mg)He is significantly better (we are having conversations now, his fungal rash on his lips are gone, better eye contact, few stim behaviors etc) but he is not totally clear, his ADHD is significant, emotional lability, tantrums, sensory seeking etc persist. I took him to an allergist in October and his IgE testing was negative. This week I did further Metametric IgG food testing and will now take him off anything that has a mild elevation in addition to his casein free diet (nuts, wheat, eggs, mustard seed, sunflower seed). His soy IgG level was zero so I was thinking of continuing soy unless someone on this panel tells me that I shouldn't. Based on the information I read on this

group, I will switch his Nystatin to Diflucan 50mg twice daily. The fungal rash he had on the corners of his mouth cleared in August on Nystatin but from what I am reading, it seems that I need to go with Diflucan or Nizoral before starting an anti-viral. Yesterday I got his results back from all of the viral testing recommended in the Stop Calling it Autism Medical Treatment Protocol ( Thanks..this was a godsend). Everything was normal except his HSV 6 IgG antibodies were 11 ( should be less then 1). So...I am very hopeful that Valtrex will help him. I am scared to try this but based on his really high HSV 6 level, how can I not.QUESTIONS: 1) How long should I change him from Nystatin to Diflucan before starting the Valtrex? 2) Do you think I can keep soy in his diet since his IgG

was zero. I am having trouble finding things that he will eat. 3) He loves fruit and some things I read say you have to keep the sugars low. How important is this? (Again...we are struggling to find him dairy free, wheat free, dye free, nut free, sunflower free foods to eat). He only gets organic fruit but eats quite a bit. He isn't a meat lover. We can barely get him to eat anything other than chicken nuggets.4) He is 37 pounds so I was thinking of Valtrex 250mg TID. He doesn't swallow pills so I will crush and I guess put in juice?5) Am I missing anything that I should add before I start Valtex? His Dan doctor isn't up to date with the anti-viral crew and I need

help. Thanks for your time in reading this and all the resources I have found from this group. We wouldn't be on this next stage in healing without the group.Vicki

also look at danasview on ole / lysine.Worked great To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Saturday, December 8, 2012 7:16 AM Subject: Starting Anti-virals

Methyl

probiotic Daily, CoQ10

50mg daily, L-Carnitine

250mg Daily, DPP-IV

A 5000IU, Vitamin

C 500mg, Vitamin

D3 200IU, Vitamin

E 200IU, Calcium

420mg, Chromium

200mcg, Magnesium

200mcg, Zinc

25mg, Biotin

200mcg, Folinic

group, I will switch his Nystatin to Diflucan 50mg twice daily. The fungal rash he had on the corners of his mouth cleared in August on Nystatin but from what I am reading, it seems that I need to go with Diflucan or Nizoral before starting an anti-viral. Yesterday I got his results back from all of the viral testing recommended in the Stop Calling it Autism Medical Treatment Protocol ( Thanks..this was a godsend). Everything was normal except his HSV 6 IgG antibodies were 11 ( should be less then 1). So...I am very hopeful that Valtrex will help him. I am scared to try this but based on his really high HSV 6 level, how can I not.QUESTIONS: 1) How long should I change him from Nystatin to Diflucan before starting the Valtrex? 2) Do you think I can keep soy in his diet since his IgG

was zero. I am having trouble finding things that he will eat. 3) He loves fruit and some things I read say you have to keep the sugars low. How important is this? (Again...we are struggling to find him dairy free, wheat free, dye free, nut free, sunflower free foods to eat). He only gets organic fruit but eats quite a bit. He isn't a meat lover. We can barely get him to eat anything other than chicken nuggets.4) He is 37 pounds so I was thinking of Valtrex 250mg TID. He doesn't swallow pills so I will crush and I guess put in juice?5) Am I missing anything that I should add before I start Valtex? His Dan doctor isn't up to date with the anti-viral crew and I need

You should definitely get him off soy and corn also since they are both GMO's (Genetically modified organisms). Read this article: http://www.responsibletechnology.org/autismI saw a world of difference in my daughter after I took her off this foods. Hope it helps. :) De: Gorham Para:

"mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Enviado: Sábado, 8 de diciembre, 2012 4:59 P.M. Asunto: Re: Starting Anti-virals

def do diflucan.Nystatin doesn't go deep in gut. To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Saturday, December 8, 2012 7:16 AM Subject: Starting Anti-virals

Methyl

probiotic Daily, CoQ10

50mg daily, L-Carnitine

250mg Daily, DPP-IV

A 5000IU, Vitamin

C 500mg, Vitamin

D3 200IU, Vitamin

E 200IU, Calcium

420mg, Chromium

200mcg, Magnesium

200mcg, Zinc

25mg, Biotin

200mcg, Folinic

I buy compounded valtrex from lee silsby pharmacy. Also Hopewell Pharmacy makes compound meds. They custom formulate almost any prescription for you. They can make it liquid and add flavors to it so you can be sure your child will take his/her meds. My daughter takes her

valtrex with juice, but like I said, they made it liquid and sweetened it with stevia. You should definitely avoid refined sugar, or sugar from fruits since yeast feeds on sugar. The same thing with juices... Buy only juices that are 100% juice and make sure they aren't made with high corn fructose syrup. Maybe you should try V8 Fusion juices. They provide 2 servings of vegetables in an 8 oz glass. Also 100 % pear juice

which according to Dr Jaquelyn McCandless, yeast doesn't seem to crave on as they do apple and grape products.Eliminating foods with sugar should be done for at least 2 weeks before starting an antifungal med such as nystating or diflucan. You can not take meds to kill yeast and feed them their favorite food at the same time. You should starve yeast first. Avoid sucrose, glucose, galactose,honey,maple and corn syrup, brown sugar, cane sugar, etc.. You should only use stevia or xylitol. De: Gorham Para: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Enviado: Sábado, 8 de diciembre, 2012 4:59 P.M. Asunto: Re: Starting Anti-virals

Methyl

probiotic Daily, CoQ10

50mg daily, L-Carnitine

250mg Daily, DPP-IV

A 5000IU, Vitamin

C 500mg, Vitamin

D3 200IU, Vitamin

E 200IU, Calcium

420mg, Chromium

200mcg, Magnesium

200mcg, Zinc

25mg, Biotin

200mcg, Folinic

Thanks. Very helpful.

I use Lee Silby for his B12 shots, MVI etc and will look into getting the

valtrex rather then crushing and hoping he drinks it.

I have been using the Naked Juice brand Blue Machine Flavor which is mostly

berries but still contains some apple. I will try the V8...good tip. The Naked

Juice is pure juice but if you think I need to get him off Apple and grape ( two

of his favorite fruits) I will try other things.

He doesn't get any artificial sweeteners or high fructose corn syrup. THe only

way I can get him to eat a GFCF waffle is with Maple syrup. If that has to be

eliminated...what the heck do I feed him for breakfast? His alternatives are

fruits, grapes, apples on the go etc. We just eliminated wheat and I can't find

anything to feed the kid. He will eat oatmeal but only if sweetend.

Gosh this is hard. Any more helpful tips would be greatly appreciated?

Vicki

>

>

> I buy compounded valtrex from lee silsby pharmacy. Also Hopewell

> Pharmacy makes compound meds. They custom formulate almost any

> prescription for you. They can make it liquid and add flavors to it so

> you can be sure your child will take his/her meds. My daughter takes her

> valtrex with juice, but like I said, they made it liquid and sweetened

> it with stevia.

> You should definitely avoid refined sugar, or sugar

> from fruits since yeast feeds on sugar. The same thing with juices...

> Buy only juices that are 100% juice and make sure they aren't made with

> high corn fructose syrup. Maybe you should try V8 Fusion juices. They

> provide 2 servings of vegetables in an 8 oz glass. Also 100 % pear juice

> which according to Dr Jaquelyn McCandless, yeast doesn't seem to crave

> on as they do apple and grape products.

> Eliminating foods with sugar

> should be done for at least 2 weeks before starting an antifungal med

> such as nystating or diflucan. You can not take meds to kill yeast and

> feed them their favorite food at the same time. You should starve yeast

> first. Avoid sucrose, glucose, galactose,honey,maple and corn syrup, brown

sugar, cane sugar, etc.. You should only use stevia or xylitol.

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> De: Gorham

> Para: " mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex >

> Enviado: Sábado, 8 de diciembre, 2012 4:59 P.M.

> Asunto: Re: Starting Anti-virals

>

>

>  

> def do diflucan.Nystatin doesn't   go deep in gut.

>

>

>

>

>

> To: " mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex >

> Sent: Saturday, December 8, 2012 7:16 AM

> Subject: Starting Anti-virals

>

>

>  

> I am new to the group. My 3 1/2 year old son was diagnosed with ASD, ADHD, SPD

in March 2012. Saw a Dan Doctor in May and had labwork done. 

>  

> Casein Peptide was high (stopped milk), fungal overgrowth (started Nystatin),

poor nutrition etc. His supplement and medication regimen based on that initial

testing is as follow:

> Methyl

> B12 shots every 3 days, Culturelle

> probiotic Daily, CoQ10

> 50mg daily, L-Carnitine

> 250mg Daily, DPP-IV

> Digestive Enzyme by Kirkman, Topical

> Alpha Lipoic Acid, Barlebean’s

> Omega Swirl Daily, Carlson’s

> Vitamin D drops 400mcg daily, Nystatin

> Oral suspension Starting 6/28/12, Vitamin

> A 5000IU, Vitamin

> C 500mg, Vitamin

> D3 200IU,    Vitamin

> E 200IU, Calcium

> 420mg, Chromium

> 200mcg, Magnesium

> Glycinate 100mg, Molybdeum

> Glycinate 150mcg, Selenium

> 200mcg, Zinc

> Glycinate 30mg, topical B

vitamins...(B1-10mg,   B2-15mg, B3-50mg, B5-25mg, P-5-P

> 25mg, Biotin

> 200mcg, Folinic

> 0.8mg)

> He is significantly better (we are having conversations now, his fungal rash

on his lips are gone, better eye contact, few stim behaviors etc) but he is not

totally clear, his ADHD is significant,  emotional lability, tantrums, sensory

seeking etc persist.

> I took him to an allergist in October  and his IgE testing was negative. This

week I did further Metametric IgG food testing and will now take him off

anything that has a mild elevation in addition to his casein free diet (nuts,

wheat, eggs, mustard seed, sunflower seed). His soy IgG level was zero so I was

thinking of continuing soy unless someone on this panel tells me that I

shouldn't.

> Based on the information I read on this group, I will switch his Nystatin to

Diflucan 50mg twice daily. The fungal rash he had on the corners of his mouth

cleared in August on Nystatin but from what I am reading, it seems that I need

to go with Diflucan or Nizoral before starting an anti-viral.

> Yesterday I got his results back from all of the viral testing recommended in

the Stop Calling it Autism Medical Treatment Protocol ( Thanks..this was a

godsend). Everything was normal except his HSV 6 IgG antibodies were 11 ( should

be less then 1). So...I am very hopeful that Valtrex will help him. I am scared

to try this but based on his really high HSV 6 level, how can I not.

> QUESTIONS:

>  1) How long should I change him from Nystatin to Diflucan before starting

the Valtrex?

> 2) Do you think I can keep soy in his diet since his IgG was zero. I am having

trouble finding things that he will eat.

> 3) He loves fruit and some things I read say you have to keep the sugars low.

How important is this? (Again...we are struggling to find him dairy free, wheat

free, dye free, nut free, sunflower free foods to eat). He only gets organic

fruit but eats quite a bit. He isn't a meat lover. We can barely get him to eat

anything other than chicken nuggets.

> 4) He is 37 pounds so I was thinking of Valtrex 250mg TID. He doesn't swallow

pills so I will crush and I guess put in juice?

> 5) Am I missing anything that I should add before I start Valtex? His Dan

doctor isn't up to date with the anti-viral crew and I need help.

> Thanks for your time in reading this and all the resources I have found from

this group. We wouldn't be on this next stage in healing without the group.

> Vicki

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>

But alot of soy is non gmo at least in my experience from the health food store. To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Sunday, December 9, 2012 8:16 AM Subject: Re: Starting Anti-virals

You should definitely get him off soy and corn also since they are both GMO's (Genetically modified organisms). Read this article: http://www.responsibletechnology.org/autismI saw a world of difference in my daughter after I took her off this foods. Hope it helps. :) De: Gorham Para:

"mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Enviado: Sábado, 8 de diciembre, 2012 4:59 P.M. Asunto: Re: Starting Anti-virals

Methyl

probiotic Daily, CoQ10

50mg daily, L-Carnitine

250mg Daily, DPP-IV

A 5000IU, Vitamin

C 500mg, Vitamin

D3 200IU, Vitamin

E 200IU, Calcium

420mg, Chromium

200mcg, Magnesium

200mcg, Zinc

25mg, Biotin

200mcg, Folinic

vickiplease would you kindly keep us updated Curious to see how this willgo Ive been told that my daughter will be a good candidate for SCIA but we do not as yetbhave any doctors in the Uk going along this Route guess we will catch up in another 5 years (sigh)!Best of luck Bola

Vicki-

My son used to be the same in regards to only eating oatmeal or any hot cereals with maple syrup.

I switched him over to melted coconut oil with cinnamon and sometimes nutmeg mixed in to it so it resembled maple syrup but without the yeast feeding sugar.

Cinnamon and coconut oil help to support the immune system and fight yeast, bacteria, decrease inflammation and so on.

Also you could try organic buckwheat cereal. Bob's Red Mill is gfcfsf.

It's worth a try :)

Liam's mom

Please excuse the typos. Sent from my phone.

vfalcro ;

To:

<mb12valtrex >;

Subject:

Re: Starting Anti-virals

Sent:

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 4:00:15 PM

Thanks. Very helpful.

I use Lee Silby for his B12 shots, MVI etc and will look into getting the valtrex rather then crushing and hoping he drinks it.

I have been using the Naked Juice brand Blue Machine Flavor which is mostly berries but still contains some apple. I will try the V8...good tip. The Naked Juice is pure juice but if you think I need to get him off Apple and grape ( two of his favorite fruits) I will try other things.

He doesn't get any artificial sweeteners or high fructose corn syrup. THe only way I can get him to eat a GFCF waffle is with Maple syrup. If that has to be eliminated...what the heck do I feed him for breakfast? His alternatives are fruits, grapes, apples on the go etc. We just eliminated wheat and I can't find anything to feed the kid. He will eat oatmeal but only if sweetend.

Vicki

>

>

> it with stevia.

> first. Avoid sucrose, glucose, galactose,honey,maple and corn syrup, brown sugar, cane sugar, etc.. You should only use stevia or xylitol.

>

>

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>  

> I am new to the group. My 3 1/2 year old son was diagnosed with ASD, ADHD, SPD in March 2012. Saw a Dan Doctor in May and had labwork done. 

>  

> Casein Peptide was high (stopped milk), fungal overgrowth (started Nystatin), poor nutrition etc. His supplement and medication regimen based on that initial testing is as follow:

> Methyl

> probiotic Daily, CoQ10

> 250mg Daily, DPP-IV

> A 5000IU, Vitamin

> C 500mg, Vitamin

> D3 200IU,    Vitamin

> E 200IU, Calcium

> 420mg, Chromium

> 200mcg, Magnesium

> 200mcg, Zinc

> Glycinate 30mg, topical B vitamins...(B1-10mg,   B2-15mg, B3-50mg, B5-25mg, P-5-P

> 25mg, Biotin

> 200mcg, Folinic

> 0.8mg)

> He is significantly better (we are having conversations now, his fungal rash on his lips are gone, better eye contact, few stim behaviors etc) but he is not totally clear, his ADHD is significant,  emotional lability, tantrums, sensory seeking etc persist.

> I took him to an allergist in October  and his IgE testing was negative. This week I did further Metametric IgG food testing and will now take him off anything that has a mild elevation in addition to his casein free diet (nuts, wheat, eggs, mustard seed, sunflower seed). His soy IgG level was zero so I was thinking of continuing soy unless someone on this panel tells me that I shouldn't.

> Based on the information I read on this group, I will switch his Nystatin to Diflucan 50mg twice daily. The fungal rash he had on the corners of his mouth cleared in August on Nystatin but from what I am reading, it seems that I need to go with Diflucan or Nizoral before starting an anti-viral.

> Yesterday I got his results back from all of the viral testing recommended in the Stop Calling it Autism Medical Treatment Protocol ( Thanks..this was a godsend). Everything was normal except his HSV 6 IgG antibodies were 11 ( should be less then 1). So...I am very hopeful that Valtrex will help him. I am scared to try this but based on his really high HSV 6 level, how can I not.

> QUESTIONS:

>  1) How long should I change him from Nystatin to Diflucan before starting the Valtrex?

> 2) Do you think I can keep soy in his diet since his IgG was zero. I am having trouble finding things that he will eat.

> 3) He loves fruit and some things I read say you have to keep the sugars low. How important is this? (Again...we are struggling to find him dairy free, wheat free, dye free, nut free, sunflower free foods to eat). He only gets organic fruit but eats quite a bit. He isn't a meat lover. We can barely get him to eat anything other than chicken nuggets.

> 4) He is 37 pounds so I was thinking of Valtrex 250mg TID. He doesn't swallow pills so I will crush and I guess put in juice?

> 5) Am I missing anything that I should add before I start Valtex? His Dan doctor isn't up to date with the anti-viral crew and I need help.

> Thanks for your time in reading this and all the resources I have found from this group. We wouldn't be on this next stage in healing without the group.

> Vicki

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>

Vicki-

My son used to be the same in regards to only eating oatmeal or any hot cereals with maple syrup.

I switched him over to melted coconut oil with cinnamon and sometimes nutmeg mixed in to it so it resembled maple syrup but without the yeast feeding sugar.

Cinnamon and coconut oil help to support the immune system and fight yeast, bacteria, decrease inflammation and so on.

Also you could try organic buckwheat cereal. Bob's Red Mill is gfcfsf.

It's worth a try :)

Liam's mom

Please excuse the typos. Sent from my phone.

vfalcro ;

To:

<mb12valtrex >;

Subject:

Re: Starting Anti-virals

Sent:

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 4:00:15 PM

Thanks. Very helpful.

I use Lee Silby for his B12 shots, MVI etc and will look into getting the valtrex rather then crushing and hoping he drinks it.

I have been using the Naked Juice brand Blue Machine Flavor which is mostly berries but still contains some apple. I will try the V8...good tip. The Naked Juice is pure juice but if you think I need to get him off Apple and grape ( two of his favorite fruits) I will try other things.

He doesn't get any artificial sweeteners or high fructose corn syrup. THe only way I can get him to eat a GFCF waffle is with Maple syrup. If that has to be eliminated...what the heck do I feed him for breakfast? His alternatives are fruits, grapes, apples on the go etc. We just eliminated wheat and I can't find anything to feed the kid. He will eat oatmeal but only if sweetend.

Vicki

>

>

> it with stevia.

> first. Avoid sucrose, glucose, galactose,honey,maple and corn syrup, brown sugar, cane sugar, etc.. You should only use stevia or xylitol.

>

>

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>  

> I am new to the group. My 3 1/2 year old son was diagnosed with ASD, ADHD, SPD in March 2012. Saw a Dan Doctor in May and had labwork done. 

>  

> Casein Peptide was high (stopped milk), fungal overgrowth (started Nystatin), poor nutrition etc. His supplement and medication regimen based on that initial testing is as follow:

> Methyl

> probiotic Daily, CoQ10

> 250mg Daily, DPP-IV

> A 5000IU, Vitamin

> C 500mg, Vitamin

> D3 200IU,    Vitamin

> E 200IU, Calcium

> 420mg, Chromium

> 200mcg, Magnesium

> 200mcg, Zinc

> Glycinate 30mg, topical B vitamins...(B1-10mg,   B2-15mg, B3-50mg, B5-25mg, P-5-P

> 25mg, Biotin

> 200mcg, Folinic

> 0.8mg)

> He is significantly better (we are having conversations now, his fungal rash on his lips are gone, better eye contact, few stim behaviors etc) but he is not totally clear, his ADHD is significant,  emotional lability, tantrums, sensory seeking etc persist.

> I took him to an allergist in October  and his IgE testing was negative. This week I did further Metametric IgG food testing and will now take him off anything that has a mild elevation in addition to his casein free diet (nuts, wheat, eggs, mustard seed, sunflower seed). His soy IgG level was zero so I was thinking of continuing soy unless someone on this panel tells me that I shouldn't.

> Based on the information I read on this group, I will switch his Nystatin to Diflucan 50mg twice daily. The fungal rash he had on the corners of his mouth cleared in August on Nystatin but from what I am reading, it seems that I need to go with Diflucan or Nizoral before starting an anti-viral.

> Yesterday I got his results back from all of the viral testing recommended in the Stop Calling it Autism Medical Treatment Protocol ( Thanks..this was a godsend). Everything was normal except his HSV 6 IgG antibodies were 11 ( should be less then 1). So...I am very hopeful that Valtrex will help him. I am scared to try this but based on his really high HSV 6 level, how can I not.

> QUESTIONS:

>  1) How long should I change him from Nystatin to Diflucan before starting the Valtrex?

> 2) Do you think I can keep soy in his diet since his IgG was zero. I am having trouble finding things that he will eat.

> 3) He loves fruit and some things I read say you have to keep the sugars low. How important is this? (Again...we are struggling to find him dairy free, wheat free, dye free, nut free, sunflower free foods to eat). He only gets organic fruit but eats quite a bit. He isn't a meat lover. We can barely get him to eat anything other than chicken nuggets.

> 4) He is 37 pounds so I was thinking of Valtrex 250mg TID. He doesn't swallow pills so I will crush and I guess put in juice?

> 5) Am I missing anything that I should add before I start Valtex? His Dan doctor isn't up to date with the anti-viral crew and I need help.

> Thanks for your time in reading this and all the resources I have found from this group. We wouldn't be on this next stage in healing without the group.

> Vicki

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>