RemedySpot.com

Risperdol

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello, My son's psychiatrist recommended Risperdol for my son to deal with aggression and property distractions. I am trying to get pros and cons of this medication. I read that it has very serious side effects. If someone is using it for your kid or had experience with it in the past good or bad please wright to me.Thank you!Irina Grimsland Mother of three wonderful boys - s, Nikolai and MariusErie, CO"Gain energy from the moments you love your child with all your heart, and don't let the low moments sap your energy. That way, there will be something left for you-of you-at day's end." Brodey.

Guest guest

I used it for myself many many years ago when i was 19.I am 31 now.I was going through severe depression and hypocondria.I really believed I was dying of some deadly disease.Anyhow, I began to get milk leaking out of my breast and I attempted suicide while on this medication.I am not 100 percent it was the medicine but it took my a zillion times deeper in depression.I was not a suicidal person just badly depressed.If your son I guess has no options then im not sure.Depends how bad his situation is.Everyone is different.I would avoid all psychiatric medications and try other options.im not sure if you already have or not.Maybe diet,homeopathy,and supplements.My 3 year ols is very hyper and has autism w/adhd and I wouldnt give her adderall or ritalin, but some kids are so severe I suppose theres no choice in the matter.Is your son severly bad, and have you tried all other options? I would look into bacteria and parasites first, and be careful.I am sure your doing your best and youll make an informed decision.

To: Sent: Saturday, March 2, 2013 10:52 AMSubject: Risperdol

Hello,

My son's psychiatrist recommended Risperdol for my son to deal with aggression and property distractions. I am trying to get pros and cons of this medication. I read that it has very serious side effects.

If someone is using it for your kid or had experience with it in the past good or bad please wright to me.

Thank you!

Irina Grimsland

Mother of three wonderful boys - s, Nikolai and Marius

Erie, CO

"Gain energy from the moments you love your child with all your heart, and don't let the low moments sap your energy. That way, there will be something left for you-of you-at day's end." Brodey.

Guest guest

First, how old is your son?, yor doctor ordered to your son a blod test ( check liver enzymes)??...or just he made a prescription, or if he told you about side effects?...Dont you know no hava any studie on effectivety in childrens under 7 y.o? So is a choice but is not the best. Totally agree with brook treat the origin of the problem and for his behavior try homeophathy. I tried risperdol and it was a peace of shit, not helpful (sorry for my bad word) but is over me this topic Enviado desde mi dispositivo BlackBerry® de Orange.Sender: mb12valtrex Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 07:52:54 -0800 (PST)To: <Invalid address>ReplyTo: mb12valtrex Subject: Risperdol Hello, My son's psychiatrist recommended Risperdol for my son to deal with aggression and property distractions. I am trying to get pros and cons of this medication. I read that it has very serious side effects. If someone is using it for your kid or had experience with it in the past good or bad please wright to me.Thank you!Irina Grimsland Mother of three wonderful boys - s, Nikolai and MariusErie, CO"Gain energy from the moments you love your child with all your heart, and don't let the low moments sap your energy. That way, there will be something left for you-of you-at day's end." Brodey.

Guest guest

No resperidol I would not give it!!!! What diet are u following??? What supplements ve u tried??Could it be parasites?? Viruses?? Bactria??? All mental health disturbance originate from the gut so work on that u might find dr Mcbride book a good guide in connecting the gut-brain so b4 u sign uo son to worse side effect of all these medication do something else and let that be uo VERY last intervention if at allSent from my iPhone

First, how old is your son?, yor doctor ordered to your son a blod test ( check liver enzymes)??...or just he made a prescription, or if he told you about side effects?...Dont you know no hava any studie on effectivety in childrens under 7 y.o? So is a choice but is not the best. Totally agree with brook treat the origin of the problem and for his behavior try homeophathy. I tried risperdol and it was a peace of shit, not helpful (sorry for my bad word) but is over me this topic Enviado desde mi dispositivo BlackBerry® de Orange.

Sender: mb12valtrex

Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 07:52:54 -0800 (PST)To: <Invalid address>ReplyTo: mb12valtrex

Subject: Risperdol

Hello, My son's psychiatrist recommended Risperdol for my son to deal with aggression and property distractions. I am trying to get pros and cons of this medication. I read that it has very serious side effects. If someone is using it for your kid or had experience with it in the past good or bad please wright to me.Thank you!Irina Grimsland Mother of three wonderful boys - s, Nikolai and MariusErie, CO"Gain energy from the moments you love your child with all your heart, and don't let the low moments sap your energy. That way, there will be something left for you-of you-at day's end." Brodey.

Guest guest

How old is your son and why the doc wants him to be on this drug? This is one of the drug used to treat Schizophrenia and if your kid is less than 10 years old, I would not even think about it.

DS is 5 and I am myself looking into some medications for exactly the same symptoms you mentioned but I have not found any that is safe enough for such young kids.

Hello, My son's psychiatrist recommended Risperdol for my son to deal with aggression and property distractions. I am trying to get pros and cons of this medication. I read that it has very serious side effects.

If someone is using it for your kid or had experience with it in the past good or bad please wright to me.Thank you!

Irina Grimsland  Mother of three wonderful boys - s, Nikolai and Marius

Erie, CO " Gain energy from the moments you love your child with all your heart, and don't let the low moments sap your energy. That way, there will be something left for you-of you-at day's end. " Brodey.

Guest guest

I give my boys no flush niacin 1500 mg twice daily for this purpose. The LDN helps, as well. Check out Saul's excellent book on Niacin. Also the work of Abram Hoffer. The schizophrenias and ASD are not unrelated. They exist on a continuum, in my opinion.

How old is your son and why the doc wants him to be on this drug? This is one of the drug used to treat Schizophrenia and if your kid is less than 10 years old, I would not even think about it.

DS is 5 and I am myself looking into some medications for exactly the same symptoms you mentioned but I have not found any that is safe enough for such young kids.

Hello, My son's psychiatrist recommended Risperdol for my son to deal with aggression and property distractions. I am trying to get pros and cons of this medication. I read that it has very serious side effects.

If someone is using it for your kid or had experience with it in the past good or bad please wright to me.Thank you!

Irina Grimsland Mother of three wonderful boys - s, Nikolai and Marius

Erie, CO"Gain energy from the moments you love your child with all your heart, and don't let the low moments sap your energy. That way, there will be something left for you-of you-at day's end." Brodey.

Guest guest

Please check out the website:

http://www.breggin.com.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hello, My son's psychiatrist recommended Risperdol for my son to deal

with aggression and property distractions. I am trying to get pros and cons of

this medication. I read that it has very serious side effects. If someone is

using it for your kid or had experience with it in the past good or bad please

wright to me.Thank you!

>

> Irina Grimsland  Mother of three wonderful boys - s, Nikolai and

MariusErie, CO " Gain energy from the moments you love your child with all your

heart, and don't let the low moments sap your energy. That way, there will be

something left for you-of you-at day's end. " Brodey.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> _

>

Guest guest

Interesting Jean! i'd like to know how it works niacine, improves behavior, atenttion or hyperactivity?...tell me more about your experience. I worried, because teacher at school is always complianing about his behavior and bets for drugs, I we are totally disagree!. If we could improve his behavior with a natural way, we'll bet for it!. Thanks in advance!Enviado desde mi dispositivo BlackBerry® de Orange.Sender: mb12valtrex Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 16:58:23 -0500To: mb12valtrex <mb12valtrex >ReplyTo: mb12valtrex Subject: Re: Risperdol I give my boys no flush niacin 1500 mg twice daily for this purpose. The LDN helps, as well. Check out Saul's excellent book on Niacin. Also the work of Abram Hoffer. The schizophrenias and ASD are not unrelated. They exist on a continuum, in my opinion. How old is your son and why the doc wants him to be on this drug? This is one of the drug used to treat Schizophrenia and if your kid is less than 10 years old, I would not even think about it.DS is 5 and I am myself looking into some medications for exactly the same symptoms you mentioned but I have not found any that is safe enough for such young kids. Hello, My son's psychiatrist recommended Risperdol for my son to deal with aggression and property distractions. I am trying to get pros and cons of this medication. I read that it has very serious side effects. If someone is using it for your kid or had experience with it in the past good or bad please wright to me.Thank you!Irina Grimsland Mother of three wonderful boys - s, Nikolai and MariusErie, CO"Gain energy from the moments you love your child with all your heart, and don't let the low moments sap your energy. That way, there will be something left for you-of you-at day's end." Brodey.

Guest guest

Yes they do.runs rampid in our family.many many mental problems and autoimmune disorders on both sides.

To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Saturday, March 2, 2013 4:58 PMSubject: Re: Risperdol

I give my boys no flush niacin 1500 mg twice daily for this purpose. The LDN helps, as well.

Check out Saul's excellent book on Niacin. Also the work of Abram Hoffer.

The schizophrenias and ASD are not unrelated. They exist on a continuum, in my opinion.

Hello,

My son's psychiatrist recommended Risperdol for my son to deal with aggression and property distractions. I am trying to get pros and cons of this medication. I read that it has very serious side effects.

If someone is using it for your kid or had experience with it in the past good or bad please wright to me.

Thank you!

Irina Grimsland

Mother of three wonderful boys - s, Nikolai and Marius

Erie, CO

"Gain energy from the moments you love your child with all your heart, and don't let the low moments sap your energy. That way, there will be something left for you-of you-at day's end." Brodey.

Guest guest

Hi- I don't think you'll find to many experiences or favorable posts about

risperadone on this forum-

Just my opinion- if an autistic child is violent, large enough to pose a threat,

concern for safety of others, etc. sometimes these drugs can be utilized. I

know a pediatric practice that does use this medication with good results- very

low dosing-titer up slowly if needed.

From what I have seen, does not 'drug' the child, but helps stop the cycle of

aggressive moods-

the main side affect is substantial increase in appetite.

>

> > **

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Hello,

> > My son's psychiatrist recommended Risperdol for my son to deal with

> > aggression and property distractions. I am trying to get pros and cons of

> > this medication. I read that it has very serious side effects.

> > If someone is using it for your kid or had experience with it in the past

> > good or bad please wright to me.

> > Thank you!

> >

> > Irina Grimsland

> > Mother of three wonderful boys - s, Nikolai and Marius

> > Erie, CO

> > " Gain energy from the moments you love your child with all your heart, and

> > don't let the low moments sap your energy. That way, there will be

> > something left for you-of you-at day's end. " Brodey.

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

And why dont you make a question why increase appetit? It responds to an organic issue (liver function, anxiety-..) Such as Rimland said on his book "is your body has risperdol?, no,..so you dont need risperdol"We are on 21st century and it's silly to think in risperdol as a perfect solution, with no basement or study in a under 10 yr old child, i don't think is harmful, i just think professionals does a wrong using, with a porpouse that we don't know, when nowadays, there are many options healthier for a child. Enviado desde mi dispositivo BlackBerry® de Orange.Sender: mb12valtrex Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 14:34:29 -0000To: <mb12valtrex >ReplyTo: mb12valtrex Subject: Re: Risperdol Hi- I don't think you'll find to many experiences or favorable posts about risperadone on this forum-Just my opinion- if an autistic child is violent, large enough to pose a threat, concern for safety of others, etc. sometimes these drugs can be utilized. I know a pediatric practice that does use this medication with good results- very low dosing-titer up slowly if needed.From what I have seen, does not 'drug' the child, but helps stop the cycle of aggressive moods-the main side affect is substantial increase in appetite.> > > **> >> >> >> >> >> > Hello,> > My son's psychiatrist recommended Risperdol for my son to deal with> > aggression and property distractions. I am trying to get pros and cons of> > this medication. I read that it has very serious side effects.> > If someone is using it for your kid or had experience with it in the past> > good or bad please wright to me.> > Thank you!> >> > Irina Grimsland> > Mother of three wonderful boys - s, Nikolai and Marius> > Erie, CO> > " Gain energy from the moments you love your child with all your heart, and> > don't let the low moments sap your energy. That way, there will be> > something left for you-of you-at day's end. " Brodey.> >> > > >>

Guest guest

I have read one prominent Dan dr. Thinks that Ldn could replace the need for risperdol. Sent from my iPhone

And why dont you make a question why increase appetit? It responds to an organic issue (liver function, anxiety-..) Such as Rimland said on his book "is your body has risperdol?, no,..so you dont need risperdol"We are on 21st century and it's silly to think in risperdol as a perfect solution, with no basement or study in a under 10 yr old child, i don't think is harmful, i just think professionals does a wrong using, with a porpouse that we don't know, when nowadays, there are many options healthier for a child. Enviado desde mi dispositivo BlackBerry® de Orange.

Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 14:34:29 -0000To: <mb12valtrex >ReplyTo: mb12valtrex

Subject: Re: Risperdol

Hi- I don't think you'll find to many experiences or favorable posts about risperadone on this forum-

Just my opinion- if an autistic child is violent, large enough to pose a threat, concern for safety of others, etc. sometimes these drugs can be utilized. I know a pediatric practice that does use this medication with good results- very low dosing-titer up slowly if needed.

From what I have seen, does not 'drug' the child, but helps stop the cycle of aggressive moods-

>

> > **

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Hello,

> > Thank you!

> >

> > Irina Grimsland

> > Erie, CO

> > "Gain energy from the moments you love your child with all your heart, and

> > something left for you-of you-at day's end." Brodey.

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Common psychiatric symptoms of niacin deficiency include irritability, poor concentration, anxiety, fatigue, restlessness, apathy, and depression.[11] Little extract from wikapidiaSent from my iPhone

Interesting Jean! i'd like to know how it works niacine, improves behavior, atenttion or hyperactivity?...tell me more about your experience. I worried, because teacher at school is always complianing about his behavior and bets for drugs, I we are totally disagree!. If we could improve his behavior with a natural way, we'll bet for it!. Thanks in advance!Enviado desde mi dispositivo BlackBerry® de Orange.

Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 16:58:23 -0500To: mb12valtrex <mb12valtrex >ReplyTo: mb12valtrex

I give my boys no flush niacin 1500 mg twice daily for this purpose. The LDN helps, as well. Check out Saul's excellent book on Niacin. Also the work of Abram Hoffer. The schizophrenias and ASD are not unrelated. They exist on a continuum, in my opinion.

Hello, My son's psychiatrist recommended Risperdol for my son to deal with aggression and property distractions. I am trying to get pros and cons of this medication. I read that it has very serious side effects.

Erie, CO"Gain energy from the moments you love your child with all your heart, and don't let the low moments sap your energy. That way, there will be something left for you-of you-at day's end." Brodey.

Guest guest

We do that :)Our child swims ( laps ) up to 1.5 hours per day, runs at track, works on baseball, basketblall & soccer, jumps on trampoline .... We have to work to keep him well hydrated. He's never taken risperdal but does take ProzacExercise helps enormously with anxiousness Sent from my iPhone

Did you try to tire him out? Enrolling in boxing class swimming class so he can apply his energy there? Something he enjoys doing?

Guest guest

I work as a psychiatric nurse have done so for close to 19yrs!!! I administer these drugs I ve seen over the yrs what they do to patients!!! Low dose or not I would NEVER give this to my child not even would I take it!!! What I see and understand on psychiatric medication is it treat the obvious symptoms but not the cause behind the symptoms!!! And then once u start I find that it even more difficult to come off them!! Also u may start low in my experience the patient reaches a thrush hold where that low dose will not work and up it will go!!! Sent from my iPhone

Hi- I don't think you'll find to many experiences or favorable posts about risperadone on this forum-

Just my opinion- if an autistic child is violent, large enough to pose a threat, concern for safety of others, etc. sometimes these drugs can be utilized. I know a pediatric practice that does use this medication with good results- very low dosing-titer up slowly if needed.

From what I have seen, does not 'drug' the child, but helps stop the cycle of aggressive moods-

>

> > **

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Hello,

> > Thank you!

> >

> > Irina Grimsland

> > Erie, CO

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

To: mb12valtrex From: tendaimatambanadzo@...Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 19:55:12 +0000Subject: Re: Re: Risperdol

I work as a psychiatric nurse have done so for close to 19yrs!!! I administer these drugs I ve seen over the yrs what they do to patients!!! Low dose or not I would NEVER give this to my child not even would I take it!!! What I see and understand on psychiatric medication is it treat the obvious symptoms but not the cause behind the symptoms!!! And then once u start I find that it even more difficult to come off them!! Also u may start low in my experience the patient reaches a thrush hold where that low dose will not work and up it will go!!! Sent from my iPhone

>

> > **

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Hello,

> > Thank you!

> >

> > Irina Grimsland

> > Erie, CO

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Could be lithium too.Mercury saps lithium.I am not here to make any parent feel bad.its hard to say what one would do not in that parents shoes but i would never put my child on any medication unless I exhausted EVERY possible avenue,option,resource on this planet.It wreaks havoc on their chemistry and growing body.It has to be worse case scenario.The problem is once you start these meds whether intentional or not your body then needs them.We know our immune, brain, and gut are connected.Although, like i said if my child was that bad, a danger to himself, or his family im not sure what choice you would have.the ones that aggravate me are the ones who just dont want to deal with their kids and band aid it.Its all in the situation really.Make an informed decision and your not a bad parent if youve tried everything you could.My little cousin

was so terrible.He had ADHD.His Mom put him on medication and this kid is completely NT now.Its like night and day.Hes doing great in school and is the sweetest kid.So,its just such a tough one.Good luck. To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Sunday, March 3, 2013 2:48 PM Subject: Re: Risperdol

Common psychiatric symptoms of niacin deficiency include irritability, poor concentration, anxiety, fatigue, restlessness, apathy, and depression.[11] Little extract from wikapidiaSent from my iPhone

Interesting Jean! i'd like to know how it works niacine, improves behavior, atenttion or hyperactivity?...tell me more about your experience. I worried, because teacher at school is always complianing about his behavior and bets for drugs, I we are totally disagree!. If we could improve his behavior with a natural way, we'll bet for it!. Thanks in advance!Enviado desde mi dispositivo BlackBerry® de Orange.

Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 16:58:23 -0500To: mb12valtrex <mb12valtrex >ReplyTo: mb12valtrex

Guest guest

Like like. Sent from my iPhone

>

> > **

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Hello,

> > Thank you!

> >

> > Irina Grimsland

> > Erie, CO

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I believe if one of us asks a question re treatment the answers that one gets do not ve to agree wth or disagree wth treatment.. One get answers learns and as the parent makes the decision so what we say is not to judge but to make statements on what the treatment in question is!!Sent from my iPhone

Could be lithium too.Mercury saps lithium.I am not here to make any parent feel bad.its hard to say what one would do not in that parents shoes but i would never put my child on any medication unless I exhausted EVERY possible avenue,option,resource on this planet.It wreaks havoc on their chemistry and growing body.It has to be worse case scenario.The problem is once you start these meds whether intentional or not your body then needs them.We know our immune, brain, and gut are connected.Although, like i said if my child was that bad, a danger to himself, or his family im not sure what choice you would have.the ones that aggravate me are the ones who just dont want to deal with their kids and band aid it.Its all in the situation really.Make an informed decision and your not a bad parent if youve tried everything you could.My little cousin

was so terrible.He had ADHD.His Mom put him on medication and this kid is completely NT now.Its like night and day.Hes doing great in school and is the sweetest kid.So,its just such a tough one.Good luck. To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Sunday, March 3, 2013 2:48 PM Subject: Re: Risperdol

Guest guest

Your right!! Thats how some of us have learned to recover and improve our kids. To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Sunday, March 3, 2013 5:41 PM Subject: Re: Risperdol

I believe if one of us asks a question re treatment the answers that one gets do not ve to agree wth or disagree wth treatment.. One get answers learns and as the parent makes the decision so what we say is not to judge but to make statements on what the treatment in question is!!Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

Hi in January 2012 my daughter who has ASD started having severe OCD-constantly

trying to fix things in class, very aggressive-biting everyone, had urinary

issues- constantly holding herself and was a mess. My sweet little girl became a

monster. The school asked for medical intervention. My Ped said she needed to

see a psychiatrist so that is where we took her. The dr put her on Risperidone.

Although it helped a little in the beginning her aggression never went away and

I believe it actually caused her head shakes that she never had before. After

taking it for 8 months and not seeing much improvement I took her off. If it

wasn't going to help then why keep her on it? She was actually diagnosed with

PANS so I think we should have never put her on it in the first place. I should

have stuck with my gut and no anti-psychiatric drugs and did more research. I

would have never given her that.

Thanks Kim

> >

> >

> >

> > Hello,

aggression and property distractions. I am trying to get pros and cons of this

medication. I read that it has very serious side effects.

good or bad please wright to me.

> > Thank you!

> >

> > Irina Grimsland

> > Erie, CO

> > " Gain energy from the moments you love your child with all your heart, and

don't let the low moments sap your energy. That way, there will be something

left for you-of you-at day's end. " Brodey.

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

In fact I only ever feel offended when I get no response!! But that my issue to work on not a judgement on the groupSent from my iPhone

Your right!! Thats how some of us have learned to recover and improve our kids. To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Sunday, March 3, 2013 5:41 PM Subject: Re: Risperdol

Guest guest

Ha Ha me too!!! To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Monday, March 4, 2013 9:30 AM Subject: Re: Risperdol

In fact I only ever feel offended when I get no response!! But that my issue to work on not a judgement on the groupSent from my iPhone

Guest guest

My daughter who is 8 and has ASD took Risperidone and I think it caused her head

tics. If I had to do it all over again I would have done more investigative

research before I let the psychiatrist prescribe that for her. It worked for

only a short time and then her aggression got worse. She was later diagnosed

with PANS and has been doing better with antibiotics and an antiviral. She still

has head tics though.

Thanks Kim

>

> >

>

> > > **

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > Hello,

>

> > > My son's psychiatrist recommended Risperdol for my son to deal with

>

> > > aggression and property distractions. I am trying to get pros and cons of

>

> > > this medication. I read that it has very serious side effects.

>

> > > If someone is using it for your kid or had experience with it in the past

>

> > > good or bad please wright to me.

>

> > > Thank you!

>

> > >

>

> > > Irina Grimsland

>

> > > Mother of three wonderful boys - s, Nikolai and Marius

>

> > > Erie, CO

>

> > > " Gain energy from the moments you love your child with all your heart, and

>

> > > don't let the low moments sap your energy. That way, there will be

>

> > > something left for you-of you-at day's end. " Brodey.

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> >

>