RemedySpot.com

strep throat: amoxocillan?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes, for active strep throat (positive throat culture) amoxicillin is the antibiotic that works well. That being said you will need ot follow up with lots of good probiotics to avoid yeast infections and other gut issues. Also, be aware of the signs of PANDAS which is an autoimmune response to strep which is quite common in our ASD kids since they already have immune dysfuction. To: mb12valtrex <mb12valtrex > Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 11:00 AM Subject: strep throat: amoxocillan?

Hi all,My kids are coming back positive for strep throat. My ped wants to put them on Amoxacillan. Is this ok? Can't get ahold of our biomed dr for another couple of hrs.thanks,

, go ahead and start it as u dont want strep to cause longterm problems. I

know that ur kids already have immune issues and treating strep right away will

hopefully prevent them from pandas. I always have the same concern like

regarding antibiotic use but getting pandas is much worse than yeast. Probiotics

are even more important now but I know ur kids are already on high dose. I have

an appointment w my dan tomorrow and I will ask him about sach boulardii and let

u know.

Good luck and take care of yourself also.

is

>

> Hi all,

>

> My kids are coming back positive for strep throat.  My ped wants to put them

on Amoxacillan.  Is this ok?  Can't get ahold of our biomed dr for another

couple of hrs.

>

> thanks,

>

>

>

Thank you and is for your quick feedback!! We started the amoxicillin this afternoon after running around town trying to get it compounded in time! Fingers crossed that we wont have a clostridia flare!! Since neither of my kids were showing obvious strep medical symptoms to me or my dr, I am wondering if they have had strep before and we didn't treat:( This is their first treatment for strep (first positive culture) and they are 5 and 3. The reason I got them tested was because a couple of kids in my son's class tested positive for strep and they both had been off lately (behaviorally and sickly but not "typical" strep symptoms). Interestingly, Dr. Amy caught it last week too with her alternative testing.Have you or anyone else tried the PleoStrep? It is homeopathic that helps down-regulate immune reactions to the bugs. We just started it Saturday with my son but now that we are having to start amoxicillin so quickly I wont be able to see how it helps (or make things worse as is often our case:(Many thanks again! To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 11:16 AM Subject: Re: strep throat: amoxocillan?

Yes, for active strep throat (positive throat culture) amoxicillin is the antibiotic that works well. That being said you will need ot follow up with lots of good probiotics to avoid yeast infections and other gut issues. Also, be aware of the signs of PANDAS which is an autoimmune response to strep which is quite common in our ASD kids since they already have immune dysfuction. To: mb12valtrex <mb12valtrex > Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 11:00 AM Subject: strep throat: amoxocillan?

Hi all,My kids are coming back positive for strep throat. My ped wants to put them on Amoxacillan. Is this ok? Can't get ahold of our biomed dr for another couple of hrs.thanks,

Over the years has used several of the " Pleo's " including PleoStrep all

very successfully. has never displayed " traditional " symptoms & I have

not had an opportunity like you just did to test him positive....even so, I did

see improvements w/treatments. W/his huge cycling viral, bacterial, fungal,

metal w/mineral derrangement patterns & low level parasitic (again, never lab

tested +/to but did ART test as a stress....all treatment w/Dr Amy over the

years have lead to nice steady improvements.

Of note...continue using the Immusist at the dose you've been given even w/the

antibiotics (if possible dose opposite the Immusist...unless Dr Amy advises

w/rx) as it supports the immune system w/the antibiotic...I've talked w/several

using Immusist+antibiotics....

I also know several that have gotten through the strep incl PANDA's under her

care.

Prayers for your family,

Rita

>

> Thank you and is for your quick feedback!!  We started the

amoxicillin this afternoon after running around town trying to get it compounded

in time!  Fingers crossed that we wont have a clostridia flare!!  Since

neither of my kids were showing obvious strep medical symptoms to me or my dr, I

am wondering if they have had strep before and we didn't treat:(  This is their

first treatment for strep (first positive culture) and they are 5 and 3.  The

reason I got them tested was because a couple of kids in my son's class tested

positive for strep and they both had been off lately (behaviorally and sickly

but not " typical " strep symptoms).  Interestingly, Dr. Amy caught it last week

too with her alternative testing.

>

> Have you or anyone else tried the PleoStrep?  It is homeopathic that

helps down-regulate immune reactions to the bugs.  We just started it Saturday

with my son but now that we are having to start amoxicillin so quickly I wont be

able to see how it helps (or make things worse as is often our case:(

>

> Many thanks again!

>

>

>

> ________________________________

>

> To: " mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex >

> Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 11:16 AM

> Subject: Re: strep throat: amoxocillan?

>

>

>  

> Yes, for active strep throat (positive throat culture) amoxicillin is the

antibiotic that works well.  That being said you will need ot follow up with

lots of good probiotics to avoid yeast infections and other gut issues.  Also,

be aware of the signs of PANDAS which is an autoimmune response to strep which

is quite common in our ASD kids since they already have immune dysfuction.

>  

>

>

>

> To: mb12valtrex <mb12valtrex >

> Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 11:00 AM

> Subject: strep throat: amoxocillan?

>

>

>  

> Hi all,

>

> My kids are coming back positive for strep throat.  My ped wants to put them

on Amoxacillan.  Is this ok?  Can't get ahold of our biomed dr for another

couple of hrs.

>

> thanks,

>

>

>

Thank you Rita! Once we get through this latest round, I will have a look your email you sent me off list! To: mb12valtrex Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:15 PM Subject: Re: strep throat: amoxocillan?

Over the years has used several of the "Pleo's" including PleoStrep all very successfully. has never displayed "traditional" symptoms & I have not had an opportunity like you just did to test him positive....even so, I did see improvements w/treatments. W/his huge cycling viral, bacterial, fungal, metal w/mineral derrangement patterns & low level parasitic (again, never lab tested +/to but did ART test as a stress....all treatment w/Dr Amy over the years have lead to nice steady improvements.

Of note...continue using the Immusist at the dose you've been given even w/the antibiotics (if possible dose opposite the Immusist...unless Dr Amy advises w/rx) as it supports the immune system w/the antibiotic...I've talked w/several using Immusist+antibiotics....

I also know several that have gotten through the strep incl PANDA's under her care.

Prayers for your family,

Rita

>

> Thank you and is for your quick feedback!! Â We started the amoxicillin this afternoon after running around town trying to get it compounded in time! Â Fingers crossed that we wont have a clostridia flare!! Â Since neither of my kids were showing obvious strep medical symptoms to me or my dr, I am wondering if they have had strep before and we didn't treat:( Â This is their first treatment for strep (first positive culture) and they are 5 and 3. Â The reason I got them tested was because a couple of kids in my son's class tested positive for strep and they both had been off lately (behaviorally and sickly but not "typical" strep symptoms). Â Interestingly, Dr. Amy caught it last week too with her alternative testing.

>

> Have you or anyone else tried the PleoStrep?  It is homeopathic that helps down-regulate immune reactions to the bugs.  We just started it Saturday with my son but now that we are having to start amoxicillin so quickly I wont be able to see how it helps (or make things worse as is often our case:(

>

> Many thanks again!

>

>

>

> ________________________________

>

> To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex >

> Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 11:16 AM

> Subject: Re: strep throat: amoxocillan?

>

>

> Â

> Yes, for active strep throat (positive throat culture) amoxicillin is the antibiotic that works well. That being said you will need ot follow up with lots of good probiotics to avoid yeast infections and other gut issues. Also, be aware of the signs of PANDAS which is an autoimmune response to strep which is quite common in our ASD kids since they already have immune dysfuction.

> Â

>

>

>

> To: mb12valtrex <mb12valtrex >

> Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 11:00 AM

> Subject: strep throat: amoxocillan?

>

>

> Â

> Hi all,

>

> My kids are coming back positive for strep throat. Â My ped wants to put them on Amoxacillan. Â Is this ok? Â Can't get ahold of our biomed dr for another couple of hrs.

>

> thanks,

>

>

>