RemedySpot.com

Re: Hello New Friend

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Russ, It is always so good to hear from you. Boy you sure do make yourself a

stranger and we miss you. GOOD for you!!!!! Finally off the pred. Did you

go celebrate???/ Boy I would have.

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing so well. I just pulled out Dr.

Herman's article and was reading it last week. I wil keep him in my prayers.

Don't be such a stranger, let us know how you are.

Hope you and your family have a great weekend.

Hi, Carol, and welcome to this group. We are sad that

you now have the need for this group, but also happy

to have met you.

My name is Russ, and I am also in Cincinnati. I am

seeing one of the pioneer RP physicians in the

country. His name is Dr. Jerome Herman. He has many

articles written about RP, and many of the group have

read and benefited from them. Dr. Herman is based at

the University of Cincinnati Hospital. He is retired,

but still runs a clinic one day a week. I can send

you his E-Mail address and phone number.

I have had our friend RP since early in 1999. I have

been on Methotrexate for about 5 months. This

medication has finally kicked in, and I have been off

the Prednisone for about 3 months. Dr. Herman has

directed me to take large doses of Ibuprofen when I

feel a flare coming on, and that now usually stops it

in it's tracks. I was on Prednisone for quite some

time, and have gained weight, which is a side effect

of the medication. But for the last 3 months, or so,

I have not had to take the Prednisone, because of the

Methotrexate.

I would ask everyone to pray for Dr. Herman, because

he is now on extended medical leave. I do not know

what the problem is, but I have an appointment with

one of his Colleagues for the last week in February. I

will surely ask.

Anyway, Carol, I would think that his clinic would

take you as one of his patients, if you do not

currently have a Rehumatolgist who knows his stuff

about RP.

Again, welcome to the group, Carol. Please let us

know a little about yourself. Maybe I will bore you

with my story sometime. It's not very good reading !

!

Russ

Hi Russ,

Where have you been? LOL Good to hear from you.

Wow! No more Pred., I'm happy for you. Glad the Metho is working for you.

I will say a prayer for Dr. Herman. Drop in more often, I miss you.

Sandy

Hi, Carol, and welcome to this group. We are sad thatyou now have the need for this group, but also happyto have met you.My name is Russ, and I am also in Cincinnati. I amseeing one of the pioneer RP physicians in thecountry. His name is Dr. Jerome Herman. He has manyarticles written about RP, and many of the group haveread and benefited from them. Dr. Herman is based atthe University of Cincinnati Hospital. He is retired,but still runs a clinic one day a week. I can sendyou his E-Mail address and phone number.I have had our friend RP since early in 1999. I havebeen on Methotrexate for about 5 months. Thismedication has finally kicked in, and I have been offthe Prednisone for about 3 months. Dr. Herman hasdirected me to take large doses of Ibuprofen when Ifeel a flare coming on, and that now usually stops itin it's tracks. I was on Prednisone for quite sometime, and have gained weight, which is a side effectof the medication. But for the last 3 months, or so,I have not had to take the Prednisone, because of theMethotrexate.I would ask everyone to pray for Dr. Herman, becausehe is now on extended medical leave. I do not knowwhat the problem is, but I have an appointment withone of his Colleagues for the last week in February. Iwill surely ask.Anyway, Carol, I would think that his clinic wouldtake you as one of his patients, if you do notcurrently have a Rehumatolgist who knows his stuffabout RP.Again, welcome to the group, Carol. Please let usknow a little about yourself. Maybe I will bore youwith my story sometime. It's not very good reading !!Russ__________________________________________________

Russ,

I can't believe you're in town!! I also see a Rheumatologist, he was at University, but is now at Deaconess Arthritis Center, Dr. Luggen. My PCP is at University and sent me to Dr. Luggen last month.

Hope you can read my story. I posted it as an attachment, and I don't know if anyone can open it. If not, let me know and I'll send it directly to you. (it's way too long but I had to get it all out. I would love to know your story also, no matter how it reads.)

I will ask Dr. Luggen if he knows Dr. Herman when I see him next week. If Dr. Herman stays on medical leave (He will be in my prayers) for any length of time, maybe my Dr. can at least connect with him and learn from him to help me.

Thank you so much for letting me know this. I actually feel kind of excited for the first time! I so much look forward to getting to know you. Maybe if your Dr. is not available for you, we can at least network back and forth to help each other.

By the way, what part of town are you in? Maybe we can meet sometime? Also, how can I find Dr. Herman's articles?

Have a great Super Bowl Sunday!!

Thanks again,

Carol G.

Re: Hello New Friend

Hi, Carol, and welcome to this group. We are sad thatyou now have the need for this group, but also happyto have met you.My name is Russ, and I am also in Cincinnati. I amseeing one of the pioneer RP physicians in thecountry. His name is Dr. Jerome Herman. He has manyarticles written about RP, and many of the group haveread and benefited from them. Dr. Herman is based atthe University of Cincinnati Hospital. He is retired,but still runs a clinic one day a week. I can sendyou his E-Mail address and phone number.I have had our friend RP since early in 1999. I havebeen on Methotrexate for about 5 months. Thismedication has finally kicked in, and I have been offthe Prednisone for about 3 months. Dr. Herman hasdirected me to take large doses of Ibuprofen when Ifeel a flare coming on, and that now usually stops itin it's tracks. I was on Prednisone for quite sometime, and have gained weight, which is a side effectof the medication. But for the last 3 months, or so,I have not had to take the Prednisone, because of theMethotrexate.I would ask everyone to pray for Dr. Herman, becausehe is now on extended medical leave. I do not knowwhat the problem is, but I have an appointment withone of his Colleagues for the last week in February. Iwill surely ask.Anyway, Carol, I would think that his clinic wouldtake you as one of his patients, if you do notcurrently have a Rehumatolgist who knows his stuffabout RP.Again, welcome to the group, Carol. Please let usknow a little about yourself. Maybe I will bore youwith my story sometime. It's not very good reading !!Russ__________________________________________________

In a message dated 2/4/02 2:40:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,

shepherdsway1@... writes:

<<

I will send some of the articles by Dr. Herman. I am

>>

Russ, it is so good to have you back with us again. We have all missed you.

Hope you didn't feel out numbered. LOL

Would you mind sending me a copy of Dr Herman's article. I gave my last copy

to a dr and thought I had it backed up and didn't. I would sure appreciate

it.

Tell Marlene and the kids Hi and hope they are all doing well. You are in my

thoughts and prayers.

Hi, Carol,

Great to hear from you. I am in Blue Ash - -

North-East Cincy.

I will send some of the articles by Dr. Herman. I am

at my office, right now, and the articles are at home.

I will ( if I can remember - my memory seems to be

worse, lately ) send them to you as Microsoft WORD

attachments.

Hang in there, Carol - - this group will be more help

than you now know !

Russ