RemedySpot.com

Re: Metho question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HI Marilyn,

I couldn't take it at all. I tried for 6 weeks and was so sick everyday. I tried the pills and the injections. I found out if you give yourself the injection in the thigh it wasn't as bad but then I had an allergic reaction to the drug. But metho was working and keeping my RP under control.

Hope you can get it worked out for you. I know how this medicine can make you sick at your stomach.

Are you on the folic acid tablet also? Its supposed to help with the side effects. Please take care and let us know how you are.

Love,

Lu

Have a question about metho. Currently, I am taking the pill form of this medication, but have talked to a friend who has RA and she said her doctor switched her from the pill to liquid metho and it was easier on her tummy. Does anyone else use this. Talked to the pharmacist about it this AM and he said I need to mention this to my doctor when I see him next week in Spokane. He says you just mix the liquid with juice or food and he's had others who have tried it and reported to him they thought it helped with the stomach problem.

Let me know. Would like to hear what others have to say.

Marilyn K.

Guest guest

Hi Marilyn,

I did not try the liquid form of Metho but used the injectable form.

I avoided any stomach problems this way and you get used to giving yourself the injections.

Sandy

----- Original Message ----- Hi all,Have a question about metho. Currently, I am taking the pill form of this medication, but have talked to a friend who has RA and she said her doctor switched her from the pill to liquid metho and it was easier on her tummy. Does anyone else use this. Talked to the pharmacist about it this AM and he said I need to mention this to my doctor when I see him next week in Spokane. He says you just mix the liquid with juice or food and he's had others who have tried it and reported to him they thought it helped with the stomach problem.Let me know. Would like to hear what others have to say.Marilyn K.DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

Marilyn, I'm on 20 mgs of metho every Tuesday. And I can count on the nausea and my 4:00 clock migraine. Sometimes the Vicoden can head the migraine off at the start, sometimes it doesn't. I also have pills for nausea which help. The metho has kept my RP under control, so the rheumy doesn't really want to take me off it as he says it works the best and has the fewest side effects. Altho, I sure wish he was the one taking it on Tuesday instead of me. Hope you can get it adjusted to work for you. Love, Judy O Re: Metho question HI Marilyn, I couldn't take it at all. I tried for 6 weeks and was so sick everyday. I tried the pills and the injections. I found out if you give yourself the injection in the thigh it wasn't as bad but then I had an allergic reaction to the drug. But metho was working and keeping my RP under control. Hope you can get it worked out for you. I know how this medicine can make you sick at your stomach. Are you on the folic acid tablet also? Its supposed to help with the side effects. Please take care and let us know how you are. Love, Lu Have a question about metho. Currently, I am taking the pill form of this medication, but have talked to a friend who has RA and she said her doctor switched her from the pill to liquid metho and it was easier on her tummy. Does anyone else use this. Talked to the pharmacist about it this AM and he said I need to mention this to my doctor when I see him next week in Spokane. He says you just mix the liquid with juice or food and he's had others who have tried it and reported to him they thought it helped with the stomach problem. Let me know. Would like to hear what others have to say. Marilyn K. DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU