RemedySpot.com

Re: Rheumy visit today outcomesharyn

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

sharyn it is great to have your start on MTX(methotrexate). Remember to drink lots of water with it. i take it on friday's because of work. when i first started it the only thing that happened to me ws i got very tired the day after. could have slept all day. its a chemo drug and some people do get sick i was one of the lucky ones. i only got really tired. it will take about 3 to 6 months to take good effcts in your body. After that it hasn't bothered be taking it. no side effects at all. but above all drink lots of water. also do not eat any acidic fruit, like grapfruit, oranes, etc. dawn

sharyn1948 wrote: Hi allWell saw my Rheumy today and he will be starting me on a different medications...On the RX it says MTX. I'm sure you all will know which one this is. Had to go and give blood again so they can checkout my liver and kidneys. Already had the chest xray from the ER visit so didn't have to do that one. Have to run those test and Hepitis because from what he tells me this medicaiton can be a little tuff on the liver and kidneys. He will start me on three pills one day a week. He's going to leave my Pred at 15mg for now because of the hot flashes etc. I'm having and will begin to lower it once he has found a medication I can tollerate. He did tell me about the side affects...the thinning hair thing...with my luck I'll be bald in a week...right now my hair sucks anyway so will just do what ever I have to. He also told me there are two medications that I will NOT beale to take...both are antibiotics...one is Septra (my daughter was on that for over a year due to urinary infectoins) and the other is Bactrium...Got the blood work down today and will get the medication to start taking first of next week. Let's hope it works.Got my handicap card in the mail yesterday so will use it only when I'm hurting real bad. Feel a little guilty for having one, but there have been times I haven't gone anywhere because it was to much for me to walk. Right now the hip bothers me off and on. Am sleeping okay for now except for the night sweats. It sorta funny how I can fee fine one minute and the next I feel like crap. I'm like a damn yo yo and know that people just don't understand. Today had a spell where I just wanted to put my head down and take a nap. Of course that is out of the question at work.Most likely will be taking off most of the day Friday so my husband and I can go out to the base to get my military ID...register for DEERS (so I can get medical etc at any base facility) then see if there is a TRICARE/CHAMPUS office...that's the military health insurance. Friday should be a busy day and I figure I'll feel like crapola by the end of the day...Was talking to my doctor about some of the stories about doctors know knowing what RP was. He said he knew this, but most people are better off with the Rheumy.. I told him that my ENT and Eye doctor just didn't seem to interested in any problems I may have with my inner ear or eyes. He said to keep pushing them because it "WAS" very important. If worse comes to worse I'll just get a referral from my primary. Sure hope she has her act together....the one I am leaving I don't think ever had a friggen clue about my health. Nice lady, but could have been a dump blonde...(sorry for the dumb blonde thing, but hey...I was blonde in my younger days :) ).Anyway, that about all on my appointments...Will be having my blood work every two weeks and seeing hime every two weeks until he has me on the right medication. Then he said we would cut it back to every month..then every 6 months if all goes okay. The trial and error has begun...hopfully it will not take to long to find the right medication..then it will be the waiting game since I understand it can take up to a year for someone to start feeling better. As you all said...RP affects us all differently.HugsSharynDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

Dawn, I've been on MTX almost 2 years now and I DIDN"T know about the acid - I LOVE oranges and eat them everyday! So maybe I'll give them up on Tuesdays. I still am tired on Wednesdays, but this week I was at least functional. It still amazes me that one week can be perfectly fine, and the next is the pits! The rheumy thinks it's the combination with the pred that affects it. And SOMEDAY (soon, I hope) I will once again be off the pred. Love you, Judy Re: Rheumy visit today outcomesharyn sharyn it is great to have your start on MTX(methotrexate). Remember to drink lots of water with it. i take it on friday's because of work. when i first started it the only thing that happened to me ws i got very tired the day after. could have slept all day. its a chemo drug and some people do get sick i was one of the lucky ones. i only got really tired. it will take about 3 to 6 months to take good effcts in your body. After that it hasn't bothered be taking it. no side effects at all. but above all drink lots of water. also do not eat any acidic fruit, like grapfruit, oranes, etc. dawn sharyn1948 wrote: Hi allWell saw my Rheumy today and he will be starting me on a different medications...On the RX it says MTX. I'm sure you all will know which one this is. Had to go and give blood again so they can checkout my liver and kidneys. Already had the chest xray from the ER visit so didn't have to do that one. Have to run those test and Hepitis because from what he tells me this medicaiton can be a little tuff on the liver and kidneys. He will start me on three pills one day a week. He's going to leave my Pred at 15mg for now because of the hot flashes etc. I'm having and will begin to lower it once he has found a medication I can tollerate. He did tell me about the side affects...the thinning hair thing...with my luck I'll be bald in a week...right now my hair sucks anyway so will just do what ever I have to. He also told me there are two medications that I will NOT beale to take...both are antibiotics...one is Septra (my daughter was on that for over a year due to urinary infectoins) and the other is Bactrium...Got the blood work down today and will get the medication to start taking first of next week. Let's hope it works.Got my handicap card in the mail yesterday so will use it only when I'm hurting real bad. Feel a little guilty for having one, but there have been times I haven't gone anywhere because it was to much for me to walk. Right now the hip bothers me off and on. Am sleeping okay for now except for the night sweats. It sorta funny how I can fee fine one minute and the next I feel like crap. I'm like a damn yo yo and know that people just don't understand. Today had a spell where I just wanted to put my head down and take a nap. Of course that is out of the question at work.Most likely will be taking off most of the day Friday so my husband and I can go out to the base to get my military ID...register for DEERS (so I can get medical etc at any base facility) then see if there is a TRICARE/CHAMPUS office...that's the military health insurance. Friday should be a busy day and I figure I'll feel like crapola by the end of the day...Was talking to my doctor about some of the stories about doctors know knowing what RP was. He said he knew this, but most people are better off with the Rheumy.. I told him that my ENT and Eye doctor just didn't seem to interested in any problems I may have with my inner ear or eyes. He said to keep pushing them because it "WAS" very important. If worse comes to worse I'll just get a referral from my primary. Sure hope she has her act together....the one I am leaving I don't think ever had a friggen clue about my health. Nice lady, but could have been a dump blonde...(sorry for the dumb blonde thing, but hey...I was blonde in my younger days :) ).Anyway, that about all on my appointments...Will be having my blood work every two weeks and seeing hime every two weeks until he has me on the right medication. Then he said we would cut it back to every month..then every 6 months if all goes okay. The trial and error has begun...hopfully it will not take to long to find the right medication..then it will be the waiting game since I understand it can take up to a year for someone to start feeling better. As you all said...RP affects us all differently.HugsSharynDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU