RemedySpot.com

Re: sed rate ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dawn, I believe a sed rate is normal for anything under 20. But you

shouldn't go by your sed rate. The C reactive protein is a more accurate

test, but I wouldn't put all my faith in either of them. It is how you are

feeling. What is happening to you now.? Let me know.

hugs

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/2/02 6:06:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,

katdavis@... writes:

<<

The normal range for sed rate is between 0 and 20. Anything higher than that

indicates inflammation and/or infection. >>

, I don't remember if you were in the group when we took a poll

regarding sed rates. We found that a lot of us never did have an elevated

sed rate when we were in a flare. And I have had a sky high sed rate and no

flaring. Guess we wonder why we stump the drs so much. LOL

We should always get these things checked out with a dr though.

hugs

Guest guest

Dawn,

The normal range for sed rate is between 0 and 20. Anything higher than that indicates inflammation and/or infection. You sure seem to have a lot of flaring going on to have a normal sed rate. What happens when you have a rib flare? Is this like costochondritis (inflammation of the cartilage around the ribs)?

(KC) ----- Original Message -----From: Dawn Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:40:19 -0800 (PST)To: Rpolychondritis Subject: sed rate ?Content-Type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII

hi

just a quick question, can anyone tell me what is normal sed rate and what is abnormal, i can have a rib flare, nose, and both ears with the eyes swell shut, and still have a 0 sed rate. now it is starting to climb, but dr says its still in normal range.

dawn

Guest guest

Ad me to the list , my last sed rate was 5, and that was at the height of this cRaP. I've never gone over 6 or 7 . My CRP won't get up there either . We are certainly special in allot of different ways, aren't we?!

<< The normal range for sed rate is between 0 and 20. Anything higher than that indicates inflammation and/or infection. >>, I don't remember if you were in the group when we took a poll regarding sed rates. We found that a lot of us never did have an elevated sed rate when we were in a flare. And I have had a sky high sed rate and no flaring. Guess we wonder why we stump the drs so much. LOL We should always get these things checked out with a dr though. hugsDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

, It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful day. Olive Garden,

ummm!! Can you tell I love to eat??? LOL You have fun with Hope. She

sounds like a sweetheart. Be sure she lays you down for that nap. Yawnnn!!

I'm getting sleepy already just talking about it. LOL Have a great day.

hugs

Guest guest

- Well isn't this just great. Now that my RP knows that your RP flares with a low sed rate, it probably will do just that! And just when I thought I was getting things under control. YIKES! What next??!!??!

Carol G - My local doctors are great but they take their lead from the Mayo doctors and they even communicate with each other. The local docs monitor me monthly, run my blood and urine tests, quickly treat me when I start to get sick and then call Mayo when it looks like I'm starting to get into trouble. Trouble for me is respiratory distress and this makes them panic. But that's good because then I don't have to!

Hope (granddaughter) has dance class this morning and then we are going to shop for my other granddaughter's birthday and Hope's best friend's birthday. Then Grandpa is treating us to lunch at Olive Garden. She has promised to lay me down for a litte nap while she plays quietly with all the Barbs. She's such a sweetie pie.

I hope this is a better day for everyone.

My love to you all,

(KC) Re: sed rate ?

<< The normal range for sed rate is between 0 and 20. Anything higher than that indicates inflammation and/or infection. >>, I don't remember if you were in the group when we took a poll regarding sed rates. We found that a lot of us never did have an elevated sed rate when we were in a flare. And I have had a sky high sed rate and no flaring. Guess we wonder why we stump the drs so much. LOL We should always get these things checked out with a dr though. hugsDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING !

ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

Me Too. My sed rate & crp are always normal.

Sandy

Ad me to the list , my last sed rate was 5, and that was at the height of this cRaP. I've never gone over 6 or 7 . My CRP won't get up there either . We are certainly special in allot of different ways, aren't we?!

<< The normal range for sed rate is between 0 and 20. Anything higher than that indicates inflammation and/or infection. >>, I don't remember if you were in the group when we took a poll regarding sed rates. We found that a lot of us never did have an elevated sed rate when we were in a flare. And I have had a sky high sed rate and no flaring. Guess we wonder why we stump the drs so much. LOL We should always get these things checked out with a dr though. hugsDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

, from experience (unfortunately), I can tell you a flare in the ribs hurts like hell! Especially when you have double pneumonia to boot. Just laying perfectly still and taking only shallow breaths, HURTS, and dear God, don't let me cough! Wish I could be more positive about this, but I've been there and I do NOT want to go there again! Love, Judy Re: sed rate ? Dawn, The normal range for sed rate is between 0 and 20. Anything higher than that indicates inflammation and/or infection. You sure seem to have a lot of flaring going on to have a normal sed rate. What happens when you have a rib flare? Is this like costochondritis (inflammation of the cartilage around the ribs)? (KC) ----- Original Message -----From: Dawn Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:40:19 -0800 (PST)To: Rpolychondritis Subject: sed rate ?Content-Type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII hi just a quick question, can anyone tell me what is normal sed rate and what is abnormal, i can have a rib flare, nose, and both ears with the eyes swell shut, and still have a 0 sed rate. now it is starting to climb, but dr says its still in normal range. dawn

Guest guest

, my rheumy does not do a sed rate test, says it isn't accurate as it can be fine while you are in a major flare! We do a C Reactive Protein every six months so long as I am not flaring, which, thank God, I am not. Maybe I'll have him do a sed rate, just so I can compare it with everyone else! Love, Judy Re: sed rate ? Dawn, I believe a sed rate is normal for anything under 20. But youshouldn't go by your sed rate. The C reactive protein is a more accuratetest, but I wouldn't put all my faith in either of them. It is how you arefeeling. What is happening to you now.? Let me know.hugs

Guest guest

just a quick question, can anyone tell me what is normal sed rate and what is abnormal, i can have a rib flare, nose, and both ears with the eyes swell shut, and still have a 0 sed rate. now it is starting to climb, but dr says its still in normal range.

dawn

My doctor in Birmingham who was a professor of rheumy's told me you can have a perfectly normal sed rate with RP.

Lu