In a message dated 1/5/02 2:21:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,

chisholmdog@... writes:

<< The good news is,

again, that most of us will be able to kick this

disease in the butt, and live to bother our doctors

for a long, long time! >>

I couldn't agree more Martha.

hugs

Martha, thank you for this email. I was the one that asked if this was fatal. Even though I have had it for 5 yrs I dont know a whole lot about it. I have been trying to discober more, but it is a slow and go process. That is until I met this group who don't mind me asking and asking and asking. Thank GOD for that. ty and God Bless, Barbara aka bj Rp = fatal? Sorry I forgot who asked this. Though I'm not amedical expert, here's what I have picked up from myreading & this list. RP is a chronic healthcondition, like diabetes or rheumatoid arthritis, thatcan vary from very mild to very severe. In the vastmajority of people, early diagnosis and adequate drugtreatment mean it is a disease that you can live withfor a long, long time.On the negative side -- life is fatal. Everyone diesfrom something. Again, like diabetes, sometimes thecomplications can be life threatening. We have hadpeople connected with this list die fromcomplications. Fortunately, this is relatively rare.Since this is a very rare disease, the exact survivalfigures are hard to pinpoint. You should read Dr.Trentham's artical at www.polychondritis.org for amore technical discussion of this. The good news is,again, that most of us will be able to kick thisdisease in the butt, and live to bother our doctorsfor a long, long time!Martha__________________________________________________