RemedySpot.com

Re: Feeling fluffy...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Feeling Fluffy is just the greatest isn't it. I still have about 30 pounds I would like to put behind me and not on my behind!LOL I lost about 40 but still am too fluffy for my notion. My hubby likes it!LOL I am fluffy in all the right places for him!LOL I guess they are right love is blind! I will take the fluffy anyday over the RP hurting or the damage it may cause. When I had been on pred for a long time my dr. asked me what my goal was... he was asking how much weight I planned on gaining. No matter how much you eat you just get fluffier, or that was how it was in my case. Sorry I don't know what to tell you we are all different. I don't take pred now unless I flare and that is very rarely. Like once or twice a year. That is one of the meds for RP I really hate but it is the only thing that works so I live with it!

Lots of Love

Glenda

Argghhh! I have been on pred for about a month now and I feel yucky! I mean, my RP has settled down and that's GREAT. I just wish that I didn't look like a thirty-something pregnant woman with really bad acne... I mean, really, is it necessary to expand my girth that much to feel better? At Christmas, my dh was shopping for a new coat online and needed to measure to get the right size. Stupid me, I said, "Let's see how I measure up..." Well, let me tell you, I measured up about 4 inches bigger around the waist than my MOTHER-IN-LAW ........Arrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love my mother-in-law and I especially used to love that I was slightly more slender and youthful than she... Well, I guess if you figure in my acne, maybe it balances out - NOT!!! LOL. Does the weight go away when the pred is tapered, or do you have to struggle to lose it? Please tell me it is magical and all just disappears...

Kathleen - TX

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

In a message dated 1/4/02 7:18:11 PM Pacific Standard Time, kath1@...

writes:

<< I just wish that I didn't look like a thirty-something pregnant woman

with really bad acne... >>

Kathleen, try being a 50 year old pregnant women. LOL It does get

frustrating... I'm in the process of lowering my pred. Haven't lost any

weight yet, but too soon to tell. I've been on pred almost 3 years

constantly, so I think it might take longer.

Hang in there girl....we have a great fluffy club.

hugs

Dear Kathleen, don't we wish. I look 10 months pregnant and my face is so

round I look in the mirror and don't recognize myself. I had lost 45 pounds

when I was off the pred for a couple years and now back on it gained back

probably 50. It really sucks!!!!!

The sad part too is I donated all my " fat " clothes to Goodwill so now only

have a couple pair of pants and a few sweat shirts. Maybe I should go back

and see if I can get some of them back. We all know we're the same people

inside and externally there is nothing we can do about it....Love Sue M

Glenda,

Thanks so much for the response. I have developed a little more "fluff" in certain spots, so maybe I should just be grateful for it! LOL!

Kathleen (Tx)

Re: Feeling "fluffy"...

Feeling Fluffy is just the greatest isn't it. I still have about 30 pounds I would like to put behind me and not on my behind!LOL I lost about 40 but still am too fluffy for my notion. My hubby likes it!LOL I am fluffy in all the right places for him!LOL I guess they are right love is blind! I will take the fluffy anyday over the RP hurting or the damage it may cause. When I had been on pred for a long time my dr. asked me what my goal was... he was asking how much weight I planned on gaining. No matter how much you eat you just get fluffier, or that was how it was in my case. Sorry I don't know what to tell you we are all different. I don't take pred now unless I flare and that is very rarely. Like once or twice a year. That is one of the meds for RP I really hate but it is the only thing that works so I live with it!

Lots of Love

Glenda

Argghhh! I have been on pred for about a month now and I feel yucky! I mean, my RP has settled down and that's GREAT. I just wish that I didn't look like a thirty-something pregnant woman with really bad acne... I mean, really, is it necessary to expand my girth that much to feel better? At Christmas, my dh was shopping for a new coat online and needed to measure to get the right size. Stupid me, I said, "Let's see how I measure up..." Well, let me tell you, I measured up about 4 inches bigger around the waist than my MOTHER-IN-LAW ........Arrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love my mother-in-law and I especially used to love that I was slightly more slender and youthful than she... Well, I guess if you figure in my acne, maybe it balances out - NOT!!! LOL. Does the weight go away when the pred is tapered, or do you have to struggle to lose it? Please tell me it is magical and all just disappears...

Kathleen - TX

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Sue M

Good way to put it! Fluffy on the out side and still the same person on the inside.

Lots of Love

GlendaMaybe I should go back and see if I can get some of them back. We all know we're the same people inside and externally there is nothing we can do about it....Love Sue M

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here