RemedySpot.com

Sue & Liz - Glucophage

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 02/06/2002 11:43:18 PM Central Standard Time, Rpolychondritis writes:

Sue, If you mean me, Liz, I take 500mg 3 times per

day. I find I now need a little something extra, tho!

Love Liz

Sue & Liz,

I take 2 Glucophage XR 500 mg twice daily (total of 4 daily); Actos 7.5 mg; 3 short acting insulin injections daily (just before eating) and 1 long acting insulin injection at bedtime. I have been diabetic for about 7 years, but since being diagnosed with RP and having to take Prednisone for 4 1/2 years, my diabetes worsened considerably and finally got out of control about 6 - 8 months ago. My blood sugars were running in the 300 - 400+ range routinely. That's when I started seeing an endocronologist (sp). She changed some of my diabetic oral meds and put me on the insulin. My sugars are much lower now, but still not within the normal range. I feel, however, that we're getting there. Sue, I don't believe you're on insulin; however, Liz, I have a question for you. The Prednisone caused me to gain about 40 pounds, then I seemed to level out somewhat, but now that I'm on insulin, I notice that I am, once again, putting on a few (?) pounds. Did insulin do that to you?

Love,

T.

Dear , thank you for the mail, I'm not on insulin, just Glucopage twice a

day. Guess I need to go up..I really didn't know how much I could take. Have

no $ right now to see doctor so kinda on my own. If I mislead you i'm

sorry...Love Sue M