RemedySpot.com

Re: I'm back

Rate this topic

Guest guest

So glad to hear you had a good visit with the ENT and all looks fine.

Don't you just love it when they bring in the Med students to look you over? LOL

I figure at least we are educating them when it comes to RP.

Sandy

Hi all, just got home today. Everything went fine yesterday. I saw the head of ENT at Stanford. He brought in A LOT of med students to look at me. LOL I wasn't flaring and they wished I was. LOL Told them 'No, I'm really happy I'm not."LOl They were all really nice and really interested. Dr. Goode, the head ENT, knew a lot about RP. Said I was doing everything right and said everything looked really good. That was good news. I don't have to go back to see him unless I have a problem the rheumy can't deal with. I go to the rheumy on the 24th and then don't have another appt til May. That is great. I'm trying to play catch up again, so I'll talk to you all later. hugsDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

So glad to hear you got a "clean bill of health." I hope it stays that way! Good Luck.

Love,

-----Original Message-----From: RCColloran@... Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 5:10 PMTo: Rpolychondritis Subject: I'm backHi all, just got home today. Everything went fine yesterday. I saw the head of ENT at Stanford. He brought in A LOT of med students to look at me. LOL I wasn't flaring and they wished I was. LOL Told them 'No, I'm really happy I'm not."LOl They were all really nice and really interested. Dr. Goode, the head ENT, knew a lot about RP. Said I was doing everything right and said everything looked really good. That was good news. I don't have to go back to see him unless I have a problem the rheumy can't deal with. I go to the rheumy on the 24th and then don't have another appt til May. That is great. I'm trying to play catch up again, so I'll talk to you all later. hugsDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

About time you got some good news. At least the trips have been worth it! Keep up the good work!

Lots of love

Glenda

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

In a message dated 1/8/02 6:00:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,

biglou5685@... writes:

<< Don't you just love it when they bring in the Med students to look you

over? LOL

I figure at least we are educating them when it comes to RP.

Sandy

>>

Sandy, yes it is wonderful that the young drs. coming up are being educated

about RP. We are training the next generation of drs.LOL

How are you Sandy? Still feeling like a noodle?

Miss your posts. Hope you are back full time soon

hugs

Hi ,

I'm feeling like more of a wet noodle today. LOL

Saw my Rheumy today and was very disappointed. I've been trying to lower my Pred. dose and managed to get down to 17 mg. without having breathing problems.

I go to the Rheumy and my ear starts flaring and my hands are swollen from Arthritis, so yep, have to increase the Pred again

and he raised the Cytoxan too. Feeling a bit discouraged...

Keep your fingers crossed for ....She gets her latest MRI

results tomorrow. Thanks.

Love Ya,

Sandy

>>Sandy, yes it is wonderful that the young drs. coming up are being educated about RP. We are training the next generation of drs.LOL How are you Sandy? Still feeling like a noodle? Miss your posts. Hope you are back full time soonhugs

DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

In a message dated 1/11/02 12:13:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,

biglou5685@... writes:

<< ,

I just talked to and there is nothing new to report. The tumor is

still the same size and the spot on the other side of her brains is also the

same. The Doc ruled out a broken blood vessel

>>

Sandy, I'm sorry to hear the news, but glad that it wasn't worse. You know

you have alot of us praying for her. How is she feeling? Is she back at

work?

Give her a hug for me and the other girls too.

Get some rest girl and have a good weekend.

'

I just talked to and there is nothing new to report. The tumor is still the same size and the spot on the other side of her brains is also the same. The Doc ruled out a broken blood vessel

but they still don't know what it is. They'll keep checking on it when she has her regular MRIs.

Love Ya,

Sandy

Sandy, Val and the rest of your wonderful family are always in my prayers. I'm hoping to get a "good news" post from you. Let us know what you learn from the MRI. I am also having a terrible time with my hands. Can't even write any more. Must be arthritis too. Lowering the pred is not a fun experience. LOL I know, the drug we love to hate. I hope you are better real soon and lets hope that it was just a bad day when you saw the dr. You are all in my thoughts. Lots of hugsDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

is back at school. She was studying to be a massage therapist when the tumor was found. She had to repeat the first year over again but she's doing well. She does have a problem with short term memory now. Because of this she was sent to the Department of Rehabilitation where she was evaluated.

She qualified for services so they are paying all of her tuition, her books and her massage

table. They will give her a tutor if needed

and when she gets her license they will find her a job. This takes a lot of pressure off of her.

Sandy

Sandy, I'm sorry to hear the news, but glad that it wasn't worse. You know you have alot of us praying for her. How is she feeling? Is she back at work? Give her a hug for me and the other girls too. Get some rest girl and have a good weekend. '

DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

In a message dated 1/11/02 12:37:19 PM Pacific Standard Time,

biglou5685@... writes:

<< They will give her a tutor if needed

and when she gets her license they will find her a job. This takes a lot of

pressure off of her. >>

Sandy, I'm so glad to hear that someone is helping her. We always hear the

bad stories and not the good. I know she will make it through and be a great

thearapist.

Can I be her first client, after you of course. LOL Short term memory?????

what's that?

hugs to all

Sandy,

Have I missed something here? Is Val having problems again? Dog gone it anyway. I hope this was good news!

Lots of Love

Glenda

I just talked to and there is nothing new to report. The tumor is still the same size and the spot on the other side of her brains is also the same. The Doc ruled out a broken blood vessel

but they still don't know what it is. They'll keep checking on it when she has her regular MRIs.

Love Ya,

Sandy

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here