RemedySpot.com

Glenda

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/1/02 8:44:39 PM Pacific Standard Time, Lu1953@...

writes:

<<

Okay what did I miss? Glenda you fell? where? when ? how? what did it hurt?

How are you? Hurry? I am dying here....

love u

Lu

>>

Lu, Glenda took a trip to the coast and tripped. LOL Sorry Glenda... it

isn't funny... She banged up her chin and knees and I forget what else....

Bet you are sore today Glenda... I'm thinking of ya... Hope you feel better

real soon.

hugs

Okay you guys, I must have started this whole thing with the falling. I hope no one else falls this year. It hurts! Glenda, I hope your okay, and no broken bones.

Lu

Okay what did I miss? Glenda you fell? where? when ? how? what did it hurt? How are you? Hurry? I am dying here....

love u

Lu

>>

Lu, Glenda took a trip to the coast and tripped. LOL Sorry Glenda... it isn't funny... She banged up her chin and knees and I forget what else.... Bet you are sore today Glenda... I'm thinking of ya... Hope you feel better real soon.

• 3 weeks later...

--- Glenda McClennen wrote:

<<

> Oh sure Glenda, make me look bad after I just sent

> 100 posts out. LOL Did

> you go to the dr today? I sure hope so. If so,

> what did he say? You know

> us worriers,(I see Sharon has joined our group of

> worriers) LOL

O.K. Glenda, here's another worry-wort, are you o.k.?

Did you go to the doctor? I have one more

question--what does your hubby use to control his

clolesterol? Is it working? We are losing a huge

chunk of our pharmacy benefits, and the prescription

my husband and I both use for cholesterol is going to

go up almost 10 times what we are paying right now.

We are both limited in what we can take because of

abnormal liver function tests. Just wondering. Take

care and now that I am not working maybe we can go to

Ford's Grill for breakfast some Saturday morning.

Love, Sharon

=====

• 2 weeks later...

hi glenda

wow you sound like i have felt lately, but i sure hope your doing better now. you know you have to take care of your self we need you and love ya bunches. dawn

Glenda McClennen wrote:

Hello all

I went to the rheumy today. I was suppose to go to the PCP today but I had both appointments set for the same time. Guess which one I decided was more important?LOL I have been having a time of it the last few weeks. I tried to talk to the PCP's nurse on Tuesday and they never called me back. Imagine that. Then on Wed. hubby called to get me an appt. and they couldn't see me until this afternoon. Well that was when I remember I had a rheumy appt. today also.

I went to the rheumy and had a great visit. I really love my rheumy and am glad that he takes the time to explain things to me. I can ask him anything.

Well he asked me how I was doing? I told him that I think I am doing great as far as the RP goes but.... I have had swelling and tenderness in my neck and my left ear has been hurting off and on deep inside. I told him it didn't feel like RP but..... last night the ear got red hot... the red hot part is like RP but the rest of me doesn't feel like the RP is acting up. (Yah that made a lot of sense)

Well the rheumy checked every joint in my body and then went to the ear. Touched probed and the whole bit but found nothing wrong as far as the RP goes. Hurray!!!! Then he started in on my neck...OUCH! Well he determined that it wasn't the cartilage but the lympths were swollen on that one side. He said it appears that you have an infection starting and he put me on antibiotics. He said that sometimes infections will irritate the lympths.

We talked about the Imuran and he reassured me that he was making sure that all was going well with it. He said that Imuran isn't the greatest to have to be on but there are worse things. He said a lot of people who have kidney transplants are on Imuran forever. He also said that if I keep doing as well as I am that someday we will try to go down on the dose and even attempt going off it completely. Boy that will be a day of rejoicing. He knows how much I really hate meds.!LOL He is one Dr. who understands that I would never abuse my meds.

I definately left his office feeling better. Just wish my PCP had my best interests in mind. It is ashame that Dr.'s don't say what they really think. I was pretty upset when I went in there. For one when you take meds that say at the first sign of infection call your Dr. I do and then they don't take me serious. I hate going to the Dr. about as much as I hate the meds. I don't call unless I am sick. Guess it is time to find a new PCP.

Sorry to go on and on like this but just thought I would fill you in on what was going on with me.

Take care and know I think of you all often!

Lots of Love

Glenda

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

I'm on my way Glenda..... It is 11am here and I'm still in my PJ " s. Let's

just have a jammy party today.

I'm not feeling much better. My throat is the pits. Can't hardly talk. Am

on Antibiotics hope it goes away soon.

I have a question for you guys. When your throat is involved with RP. how

does it feel. I have had hardly any voice for a few days, but don't feel

sick. Any input? I have been lowering my pred and was wondering if this

was maybe a flare.

--- RCColloran@... wrote:

> I have a question for you guys. When your throat is

> involved with RP. how

> does it feel. I have had hardly any voice for a few

> days, but don't feel

> sick. Any input? I have been lowering my pred and

> was wondering if this

> was maybe a flare.

>

>

>

I second this question! I have been having lots of

coughing and hoarseness again, but no other signs of

illness. Also, sometimes I get a burning that feels

very similar to how my ears feel when they are

flaring. Any information is appreciated. Sharon

=====

> Sharon,

> How are you doing? Hope you are feeling some

> better! I am not so much

> feeling bad just the neck and ear thingy. The only

> thing I am having

> trouble with is sleeping. Up and down all night!

> Not fair! I am not even

> taking pred and I can't sleep!LOL Take care and

> know I think of you often!

> Lots of love

> Glenda

Geesh! Why aren't you sleeping? That is not fun at

all. Is the neck/ear thing any better? Hope so. I

seem to be having a pretty good day so far today.

(knock on wood or something) Trying to be lazy and

for once not overdo just because I feel o.k. You take

care and get some rest too. Love, Sharon

=====

--- RCColloran@... wrote:

> I'm on my way Glenda..... It is 11am here and I'm

> still in my PJ " s. Let's

> just have a jammy party today.

>

> I'm not feeling much better. My throat is the pits.

> Can't hardly talk. Am

> on Antibiotics hope it goes away soon.

>

> I have a question for you guys. When your throat is

> involved with RP. how

> does it feel. I have had hardly any voice for a few

> days, but don't feel

> sick. Any input? I have been lowering my pred and

> was wondering if this

> was maybe a flare.

>

>

>

, my voice frequently goes, but it is not

associated with a " sore throat " as such, it just feels

uncomfortable and a bit " full " . Difficult to

describe.However both my rheumy and I think it is rp

flare, until recently (when I went on the Plaquenil)

it used to happen the last few days before I took my

methotrexate, every week. Love Liz

Glenda,

Glad to hear you have a great Rheumy too! I am very thankful for all of our

Doc's we are very blessed to have kind and caring doctors. I hope that the

antibiotics are going to get you on the mend! Steve and Zach are both on

antibiotics right now and Janice will probably be going to the doc tomorrow -

her glands are swollen, cough and the like. I guess it's the great upper

respiratory bug!

Take good care of yourself!

Patty B.

I also have trouble with a hoarse voice. Some days it is better than others. It's very frustrating. I think it is a flare. My ears have also been bothering me, just sore. My rheumy thought it was a yeast infection in my vocal cords & put me on antibiotics but I'm still hoarse. I just take it a day at a time.

Started my Imuran on Weds. & so far so good. Going to the ophthalmologist tomorrow for an eye exam. I have had uveitis & iritis in my eyes. Have any of you had blurred vision where there is like shadows around letters. I have a hard time reading any material. I could not see the phone # of the pharmacy or the prescription # this morning & that's with my glasses on. I don't know if it's the pred, the disease or possibly my sugars. When I was in the hospital after Christmas my sugar at one point was 190, it then came down to 112 -115. No I haven't been checking it but I guess I should, but I'm in an I don't care mood.

Went to a wedding last night & a gal I've known for close to 20 years came up to me and asked if I was Sue. How depressing. Then another gal that I know fairly well, Play Bunco with her, came up to me & said she didn't recognize me at the shower which I suspected. My face is so blown up & I'm so embarrassed. I just keep wondering why me. My feet are so bad, they are mega swollen & sore. I wore sandals to the wedding that lace because I cannot get my feet into any shoes except my gym shoes.

Take care everyone,

Susiecue

Thanks Glenda,

Start the new job tomorrow and I'm nervous!!! Yikes! The people there are really nice. I was one of their clients so I know a few already.

Hope you are well. Take care,

Elaine

Re: Greater than GREAT!!-Elaine

Elaine

Wow things are coming together. I think I should your mantra mine!LOL Hope and pray things keep looking up for you! Sounds like the new job is going to be a lot less stressful and that is something that we all need. House sounds like it is going to be great too!

Lots of love

Glenda

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Susiecue,

I hate to say it, but you might be having laryngeal involvement like I have. My voice is hoarse or wobbly all the time, and my ENT saw much inflammation of the larynx, and my epiglottis is floppy. You might want to have someone use a scope to look down there, you don't have to be asleep.

I wondered if you have any pain or watering with your eyes. I just started that yesterday and its getting worse. I've not had any eye involvement yet, except for pressure behind them from my nose and sinuses. I'm getting halos around lights, and it is a little tougher to focus, but not bad. But now my eyeballs actually feel swollen and hurt.

I, like you don't even want to think about one more thing happening to make this seem worse, or to have to go to one more doctor. I also know what you mean about seeing people that know you. My husband says I have a distorted view of myself right now, but I know I don't look like the old me. and you wonder what they think. Then you don't want to go into the whole story because you know you'll upset both of you. I can't even get my gym shoes on comfortably, and my feet keep snap, crackle, popping!

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat right now. Maybe if we can not paddle as hard and help each other with these heavy oars thru this rocky boatride, it might not seem like such a struggle. Let's give it a try, shall we?

Keep me posted on how you're doing. Hope you can rest pain free tonight in body and spirit, and wake up to a sunny day!

Carol G

RE: Glenda

I also have trouble with a hoarse voice. Some days it is better than others. It's very frustrating. I think it is a flare. My ears have also been bothering me, just sore. My rheumy thought it was a yeast infection in my vocal cords & put me on antibiotics but I'm still hoarse. I just take it a day at a time.

Started my Imuran on Weds. & so far so good. Going to the ophthalmologist tomorrow for an eye exam. I have had uveitis & iritis in my eyes. Have any of you had blurred vision where there is like shadows around letters. I have a hard time reading any material. I could not see the phone # of the pharmacy or the prescription # this morning & that's with my glasses on. I don't know if it's the pred, the disease or possibly my sugars. When I was in the hospital after Christmas my sugar at one point was 190, it then came down to 112 -115. No I haven't been checking it but I guess I should, but I'm in an I don't care mood.

Went to a wedding last night & a gal I've known for close to 20 years came up to me and asked if I was Sue. How depressing. Then another gal that I know fairly well, Play Bunco with her, came up to me & said she didn't recognize me at the shower which I suspected. My face is so blown up & I'm so embarrassed. I just keep wondering why me. My feet are so bad, they are mega swollen & sore. I wore sandals to the wedding that lace because I cannot get my feet into any shoes except my gym shoes.

Take care everyone,

SusiecueDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

• 2 weeks later...

!

>

> Now for my news. I called the rheumy today and told

> him I am holding my own with the RP flare. It is

> now at a dull roar. I told the rheumy's nurse what

> was going on with my mouth. Thought I might have

> thrush from the darn antibiotics I took last week

> for the swollen lymph's. Well it wasn't thrush or

> anything of that nature.

>

> Dr. took a culture and said that my tongue was

> definitely coated but there was nothing unusual

> there.LOL I guess that is good to know. Anyway he

> thinks it maybe due to the flare being so close to

> the tissue in my mouth that is causing the

> irritation.

>

> Now for the fun news...NOT!! My BP was 140/100

> again. I surrender. All that work I went through

> getting it down was for naught. I am on 25mg of

> pred today and go to 20 tomorrow. Pred is the

> reason BP went up in the first place. Anyway he

> told me to exercise, and watch diet. Doesn't want

> to add another med right now because the BP problem

> maybe due to the flare. So I am at square one.

>

> The Dr. then sent me over to the medical imaging

> place because I complained about having nights

> sweats and never having a problem until I started

> the atenolol for the BP problem. He said it didn't

> sound like the change of life and didn't go into why

> he wanted a chest x-ray done but wanted the

> information faxed to their office. It got late so I

> will have to call them tomorrow to see what they

> found out. Anyway at least you can't say I haven't

> been through the mill today!LOL

>

> Lots of love

> Glenda

Hey Glenda,

You are really having a rough time of it right now

aren't you??? You gotta' stop this!

Good news that you don't have thrush at least. Every

little bit of good news helps!

Please let us know what you find out about your

imaging study. I am also plagued with night sweats,

but mine come and go. Probably just too much dang

medication going into my body.

Take care of yourself and thanks for letting us know

whats going on with you. Gives me one more person to

pray for!

Love, Sharon

=====

Hi Glenda,

That nose pain can be horrible. Mine right now is more behind it, so my glasses aren't so unbearable. I'm glad it's getting better for you. Good luck on getting that Pred down - I envy you! I sure hope I can start coming down soon too. I know it won't be for awhile though. Wish we could program our bodies like we program computers!!

Take Care!

Carol G

Re: I'm Still Here-Carol G.

Carol G.

Glad you are still hanging in there! :o) My flare is in my nasal area. I think today it feels like it is getting better or at least the pain is more bearable!LOL I am on 25mg of pred. and going down. I am going down by 5mg's everyother day. Hope you too get to feeling better.

Lots of love

Glenda

DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Thanks Glenda,

I will try to get some rest this weekend. I think we are going to move as soon as possible. I will try to ignore the neighbours but it's hard when you come home from work and all your flower pots have been moved. The other day at lunch he mouthed off at us telling us our parking is a boulevard and he can drive on it if he wants. He's really crazy and he will do what ever he wants. I really don't know how we will ever sell this place with jerks like that next door. If we have to give it away to big bad bikers, oh well!!!

Hope your flaring is getting under control and that you are able to sleep soon. That darn prednisone!!! When it's prescribed it should come with a sleep aid, relaxing music and an aromatherapy machine!!! Oh yea, and a masseuse!!! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Take care,

Elaine

Re: Can't sleep-Elaine

Elaine

So sorry to hear that you are not sleeping. I must have missed you. I was up around am also this morning. I think I am only destined to sleep a few hours at a time for awhile. Oh well I can't complain at least I get those few hours! I have had nights where I was awake all night! :o)

Take care and rest up this weekend! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you get to move soon! Just ignore those nasty people! You aren't going to have to put up with them much longer that is for sure.Lots of love

Glenda

DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

> Sharon

> I am doing great! Flare is gone and now just trying

> to lose the weight from the pred. Love the pred!

> NOT! Doctor wasn't too worried about it today so I

> guess he knows I am trying.

>

> Went into day for my annual check up! Oh boy! All

> is well but they are checking on what might be

> causing the night sweats. I go in Tuesday to get my

> mammogram and blood work. They are going to check

> my cholesterol, hormone level and thyroid. I guess

> he is trying the process of elimination. LOL He

> said otherwise I looked great! Yah for me! LOL

> Wish I was that lucky with the RP. I am lucky

> because I don't have flares very often and that is a

> big plus!

> Take care and stay well you hear!

> Lots of love

> Glenda

>

>

UGH! Annual check-up time is coming right up for me

also. Hope all your testing comes out o.k. Those

night sweats are NOT fun, are they? I had my mammo

about a month ago and that was normal. Probably the

only thing about me that is " normal " . Let us all know

how things turn out for you. So glad that your flare

is over now. Have a great weekend....do something

fun. We are going over to play with Cassandra and

Logan this morning. I miss not being able to take

care of them!! We are also in the process of helping

get ready for a 10 day trip to Mexico

during spring break. He is going with a group of high

school/college age people from our church. They are

going to build a house for a homeless pastor down

there. I'm sure this is going to be a great thing in

his life. On the way home they spend a full day at

Disneyland, so he is going to have a blast. Take

care, Glenda! Love, Sharon

=====

Guest guest

> Yeah is right Sharon! This weather here is too

> weird. It is true about wait 5 minutes it will

> change!LOL Especially the last few days. One of

> the ladies at work said all she had to do was look

> out another window in her house and see a different

> kind of weather.LOL

> Take care and have a great weekend!

> Lots of love

> Glenda

>

Hey, no white flakes falling from the sky when I got

up this morning. Yeah again! At least the Coburgs

look really pretty. Spring is just around the corner

and that is one of my favorite times of the year. I

love the changing of the seasons! Take care, Sharon

=====

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

> Sqeek,

> Remember I am only a phone call away! I am here if

> you need me! If you

> want I can even go with you to your Doctors.

> Remember there is always

> safety in numbers!LOL

>

> Try not to worry but just be more aware of what your

> doctors are doing.

>

> Know you are in my thoughts and prayers always!

> Lots of love

> Glenda

>

Hi Glenda,

Thanks so much for the sweet sentiment, and the kind

offer. I do appreciate both.

No phone calls for me. My dang ears are flaring once

again and I had to up the prednisone today. It has

only been two weeks since my last Remicade, so it

appears that it is not the miracle I thought it was.

Maybe I'm wanting better results way too soon. It is

discouraging though, as you, and everyone else well

knows.

When you were first diagnosed, did you have any

baseline testing done? If so, and you can let me know

who you saw, I would appreciate it.

How are things going on your side of the river? Hope

all is well? Sounds like your sister is still having

problems. That's too bad.

Take care and have a wonderful Easter. Our church is

doing a drama, so I am excited to see it tomorrow.

Love, Sharon

=====

Guest guest

> Squeek,

> Sorry I didn't get back to you. I have been sort of

> down lately. So tired and don't know why. Just

> love having a suppressed immune system!LOL

>

> My sister isn't doing to well. She needs to see the

> surgeon again. Her legs are hurting her for the

> third time now. Surgeon told her to call him as

> soon as she had pain again or he might not be able

> to save her legs a third time around. Her PCP told

> her not to call him because the insurance. Has to

> be Pre-approved or it wont pay. She was really in

> the dumps yesterday. Please keep her in your

> prayers!

> Lots of love

> Glenda

>

>

Oh Glenda, I'm sorry that you are down, and tired to

boot. Maybe that's why you are down....but it seems

like your sisters problems would be enough to get you

down. Is there anything I can do to help? I know,

pray! I will! Hope you get to feeling better, or

more " UP " soon. Take care of yourself and get some

rest this coming weekend if you can. Love, squeek

=====

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

>

> My BP is still high. It is 150/100. Tomorrow I am

> calling around for a new PCP. Have finally had it!

>

> The reason I fired my PCP for sure this time was

>

At the end of this month I am going to see a

> urologist. It seems that my PCP found blood in the

> urine. I asked him well haven't you found this

> before? He said I have?

> BTW for those of you who keep up with me....sister

> goes in Monday for the ultrasound on her legs. She

> is going to have a third surgery on same. The new

> artery that they put in last July has now plugged up

> twice. Please keep her in your thoughts and

> prayers. The last time the surgeon said he didn't

> know if he could save her legs.

>

> Know I think of you all often and have missed you

> all by not being able to post like I should.

> Take care

> Lots of love

> Glenda

>

>

Wow, Glenda! You are having a time of it aren't you?

What are the doctors doing about your BP? How did

your search for a new doctor go? Did you find a good

one? I'm still not too sure about my PCP...but he

does keep generating the referrals to my rheumy, so

that is good.

I will be praying for you, and for your sister. Hope

things go well for her! Please keep us informed.

Take care! Love, squeek

=====