Guest guest

Guest guest

, Oh I'm so sorry to hear about the shingles. I have never had them,

but have heard they are very painful. Please try to rest and take care. We

don't want you getting anything else.

Let us know how you are doing.

Sending prayers

Guest guest

, Bless your heart! You sure have a good outlook about having RP and Shingles at the same time. Ugh, I just don't think I would do that well. I would really be ready to throw in the towel. I know you must be in pain. I have heard that Shingles is very painful.

You hang in there and know that we are here for you. This is the greatest group I have ever known. I have been knowing these folks for over two years now. Gee, that is hard to believe.

Just give us a yell if we can help you.

Love and Prayers.

-- Shingles, etc...

Dear Group;I just came back from the doctor. He told me I have shingles, which is odd for a 28 year old to get. He said because my immune system was tied up with RP it allowed the virus to spread. Has anyone else had complications like this? What else can I expect? As if the pain with RP wasn't enough, now I have a back full of blisters! Oh well, I still have air in my lungs and a soul in my body!Thanks!

Guest guest

Dear ,

We haven't "officially" met yet, I'm Carol from Cincinnati. I was just diagnosed in Jan. and have had 2 infections since then. I've been on prednisone all along, and Dapsone since March. The pred (and many of the other meds) make your system very vulnerable to outside germs coming in and playing havoc with you. That's part of the reason my Dr. put me on the Dapsone, it is supposed to combat some of the more serious infections that can be very harmful if your immune system is compromised.

I don't remember what meds they have you on, but I'm sure that is why you ended up with these horrible shingles. I first developed a sinus infection in Feb. Now, I am just getting through another round of a cold which led to bronchitis/slight pneumonia that has taken 2 prescriptions of antibiotics to start to control. These infections can also start the RP to flare up even worse, because your body is trying to fight the shingles - they play against each other and our systems go into major overdrive. That's what is happening to me too, so my meds aren't working right, and I see my Rheumatologist tomorrow. It has alot to do with how much you fatigue yourself also, which I've reluctantly come to find. You have to find that place that you can do things you want to, but not too much to run yourself down, or stress yourself too much (easier said than done, right?!)

If your shingles are caused by a virus, antibiotics won't help, but be sure to watch for any secondary bacterial infection that might try to sneak in. If you start to run a higher fever (which pred can also suppress), or have any further symptoms, call your Dr. right away. I'm finding, as you probably will, that it sometimes takes awhile to find the meds that will control everything for you (as this wonderful group of folks had to tell me when I was getting so frustrated by my lack of patience) - we are all different with this disease.

I feel so badly that you have to go through this, and my prayers are with you. The air in your lungs will help you communicate with your Drs, and your soul will give you strength to see this through to your best benefit. May God give you the guidance you will need for this challenge. Just remember, we are all here for you too. Thanks for coming to your new group of friends for help. I look forward to getting to know you better. Please let us know how you do with this.

Take care, Carol G

Shingles, etc...

Dear Group;I just came back from the doctor. He told me I have shingles, which is odd for a 28 year old to get. He said because my immune system was tied up with RP it allowed the virus to spread. Has anyone else had complications like this? What else can I expect? As if the pain with RP wasn't enough, now I have a back full of blisters! Oh well, I still have air in my lungs and a soul in my body!Thanks!DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

Did your doctor put you on Acyclovir (not sure of the

spelling)? I had shingles about six years ago and

according to my doctor it is one of the most painful

conditions known to mankind. I would agree with that!

Shingles are not fun, but the medication, if given

soon enough, can make a huge difference. Take care,

squeek

--- jamesinwashingtondc

wrote:

> Dear Group;

> I just came back from the doctor. He told me I have

> shingles, which

> is odd for a 28 year old to get. He said because my

> immune system

> was tied up with RP it allowed the virus to spread.

> Has anyone else

> had complications like this? What else can I expect?

> As if the pain

> with RP wasn't enough, now I have a back full of

> blisters! Oh well,

> I still have air in my lungs and a soul in my body!

> Thanks!

>

>

>

=====