RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Pred ?-

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You have learned and from the best around. That is why this group is so important. We all have different Dr.'s and nothing works the same on everyone. So glad you put your two cents in too. Glad you found us that is for sure!

Lots of love

Glenda

Hi Kathleen,I am a real newbie to this, but based on what my other Rheumatologist said, and now Dr. Buckner, until my body has built up enough with the help of the Methotrexate, the flares will keep happening. And because it takes a while to ramp up on that, as well as for it to kick in, I am not going lower than 40 mgs. on the Pred. because I keep flaring. Dr. Buckner said that once my body is aided by the Metho, we can focus on lowering the Pred., but the flare does damage and that's not something to mess around with. I'd encourage you to talk to the dr about starting the metho right away and increasing the pred., if they agree, until your flare really subsides. Look at that, I sound like I learned something already! Like I said, I'm really new, but that's what I've been advised.... Good luck and my thoughts are with you!

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here