RemedySpot.com

Carol G's story

Rate this topic

Guest guest

P. S. In case you didn't see it, click on the paper clip in the top right corner.

Carol G's Story

Hello again my new Friends,

This is Carol G again. I have struggled to put this into words , and I apologize in advance for the length of it. Although I think it has already helped me tremendously just to process it in my brain. If you may be interested, the following Microsoft Word Document attachment, is My Story.

I wish you all a happy and restful Super Bowl Sunday!

Your Friend,

Carol GiordanoDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Carol, thank you for sharing your story with us. I

think a lot of us can relate to your experiences,

especially the rounds of doctors and the head

scratching! However your docs seem to be working hard

at it, and once they have sorted out what meds will

help you, I am sure you will begin to feel better. I

had a lot of breathing difficulties to start with, and

I thought I was dying for ages!!! But since I have

been on methotrexate my breathing has been so much

better, my energy levels improved (maybe because

enough oxygen was getting to my system!!) I had

rashes, then I started getting painful burning

ears...when I had chest problems I had " stridor " you

know, like a baby with croup. These things don't

happen now.

I am not saying I am perfect, but I am 58, I am still

working, and working out(!) I moan and groan but I

fully expect to continue to live a long and fulfilling

life! I now take, in addition to 15mg metho weekly,

200 plaquenil daily, 5mg prednisone daily, glucophage

for my prednisone induced diabetes, fosamax for my

prednisone induced ostopenia, calcium,

estrogen/progesterone, vit D, Zantac 75 twice daily,

to help the stomach problems that all these meds

cause, and a low dose of Effexor XR which helps me

cope with everything and occasional Celebrex when my

arthritis is bad. Plus a multivitamin. Don't be too

afraid of meds, they really can save your life, and

your quality of life!!! But consult with your docs

closely, tell them if you are having problems with

anything.

Also I find listening to music I like, exercise,

(mostly walking, but a little weight work) and

cycling,

and prayer all help me on a day to day basis. The

other thing is of course this wonderful group!!!

I hope you begin to feel better very soon. Love Liz

Hi Liz,

It is so encouraging to hear that you are doing so well, and it helped me to know that methotrexate has been helpful to you. And to know you are active and exercise puts my faith in hope that can possibly happen again for me too. I feel fortunate that I have not had the breathing problems , like so many of you have endured.

Thanks for the advice on not being afraid to take the meds - to put it dramatically , I know they're my only hope.

I just wish this were more like those soap operas, where we can just assume that, eventually, we will all live happily ever after.

Hope you have a healthy and happy week!

Carol G

Carol G's story

Carol, thank you for sharing your story with us. Ithink a lot of us can relate to your experiences,especially the rounds of doctors and the headscratching! However your docs seem to be working hardat it, and once they have sorted out what meds willhelp you, I am sure you will begin to feel better. Ihad a lot of breathing difficulties to start with, andI thought I was dying for ages!!! But since I havebeen on methotrexate my breathing has been so muchbetter, my energy levels improved (maybe becauseenough oxygen was getting to my system!!) I hadrashes, then I started getting painful burningears...when I had chest problems I had "stridor" youknow, like a baby with croup. These things don'thappen now.I am not saying I am perfect, but I am 58, I am stillworking, and working out(!) I moan and groan but Ifully expect to continue to live a long and fulfillinglife! I now take, in addition to 15mg metho weekly,200 plaquenil daily, 5mg prednisone daily, glucophagefor my prednisone induced diabetes, fosamax for myprednisone induced ostopenia, calcium,estrogen/progesterone, vit D, Zantac 75 twice daily,to help the stomach problems that all these medscause, and a low dose of Effexor XR which helps mecope with everything and occasional Celebrex when myarthritis is bad. Plus a multivitamin. Don't be tooafraid of meds, they really can save your life, andyour quality of life!!! But consult with your docsclosely, tell them if you are having problems withanything. Also I find listening to music I like, exercise,(mostly walking, but a little weight work) andcycling,and prayer all help me on a day to day basis. Theother thing is of course this wonderful group!!! I hope you begin to feel better very soon. Love Liz__________________________________________________

WOW Carol,

That's quite a story. Sounds like you were busy. My life was like that too, always on the go. I don't do as much anymore but I kind of like it that way. I like to have quiet time to read and relax.

I've had some ruff times but I've always pulled through. The methotrexate is up to 25mgs and it was really making me sick, but the last week or two have been good. I took my dose on Saturday morning and today I just feel tired.

I think you'll find a lot of answers to your questions here. I know I did. Hope you are feeling well today.

Take care,

Elaine

Carol G's Story

This is Carol G again. I have struggled to put this into words , and I apologize in advance for the length of it. Although I think it has already helped me tremendously just to process it in my brain. If you may be interested, the following Microsoft Word Document attachment, is My Story.

Your Friend,

Carol GiordanoDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Hi Elaine,

Shouldn't you be in bed , aren't you starting a new job tomorrow? You need your rest! I was glad to read the inspection went well, hope the bank does too! When do you expect to close and move in?

I'm not mentally ready to downshift yet. It's partly the pred, which keeps me wired, but I loved the pace of my life, though I know I overdid it at times. The only thing I have found about having to slow down is that it is making me realize how important it is for me to take the time to connect with the people I care about. For me and for them. To sit, and talk (when my voice is strong), and listen, to know how much we care. I know I have some big changes to adjust to, and I hope I'll be like you and learn to enjoy the quiet time. Right now it's still too quiet, and I have too much time to think. I know my questions will be answered, and I am so grateful to know I have friends who know how this feels, inside and out.

It's good to know you are doing well on the metho. I'm not looking forward to it, but reading how you're doing helps. I wouldn't even mind feeling tired right now. I did yawn for the first time today in I don't know when. Isn't it weird, you notice little things like that now?

Good Luck with everything coming up. Keep your strength up so you can handle it like a champ!!

Talk to you soon,

Carol G

Carol G's Story

Your Friend,