RemedySpot.com

How old is grandpa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

> HOW OLD IS GRANDPA> >> > Stay with this -- the answer is at the end -- it will> > blow you away.> >> > One evening a grandson was talking to his grandfather about current>events.> > The grandson asked his grandfather what he thought> > about the shootings at schools, the computer age, and just> > things in general.> >> > The granddad replied, "Well, let me think a minute, I> > was born, before television, penicillin, polio shots,> > frozen foods, Xerox, contact lenses, Frisbees and the pill.> >> > There was no radar, credit cards, laser beams or ball-point pens.> > Man had not invented pantyhose, air> > conditioners, dishwashers, clothes dryers, and the> > clothes were hung out to dry in the fresh air and man> > hadn't yet walked on the moon.> >> > Your grandmother and I got married first-and then lived> > together. Every family had a father and a mother. Until> > I was 25, I called every man older than I, 'Sir'-and> > after I turned 25, I still called policemen and every> > man with a title, 'Sir.'> >> > We were before gay-rights, computer-dating, dual> > careers, daycare centers, and group therapy. Our lives> > were governed by the Ten Commandments, good judgment,> > and common sense. We were taught to know the difference> > between right and wrong and to stand up and take> > responsibility for our actions.> > Serving your country was a privilege; living in this> > country was a bigger privilege.> > We thought fast food was what people ate during Lent.> >> > Having a meaningful relationship meant getting along> > with your cousins.> > Draft dodgers were people who closed their front doors> > when the evening breeze started.> > Time-sharing meant time the family spent together in> > the evenings and weekends not purchasing condominiums.> >> > We never heard of FM radios, tape decks, CDs, electric> > typewriters, yogurt, or guys wearing earrings. We> > listened to the Big Bands, Jack Benny, and the> > President's speeches on our radios. And I don't ever> > remember any kid blowing his brains out listening to> > Tommy Dorsey.> >> > If you saw anything with 'Made in Japan' on it, it was> > junk. The term 'making out' referred to how you did on> > your school exam. Pizza Hut, Mc's, and instant> > coffee were unheard of.> >> > We had 5 & 10 cent stores where you could actually buy> > things for 5 and 10 cents. Ice cream cones, phone> > calls, rides on a streetcar, and a Pepsi were all a nickel.> > And if you didn't want to splurge, you could spend your> > nickel on enough stamps to mail 1 letter and 2 postcards.> >> > You could buy a new Chevy Coupe for $600 but who could> > afford one? Too bad, because gas was 11 cents a gallon.> >> > In my day, 'grass' was mowed, 'coke' was a cold> > drink, 'pot' was something your mother cooked in,> > and 'rock music' was your grandmother's lullaby.> >> > Aids' were helpers in the Principal's office, 'chip'> > meant a piece of wood, 'hardware' was found in a> > hardware store, and 'software' wasn't even a word.> >> > And we were the last generation to actually believe> > that a lady needed a husband to have a baby. No wonder> > people call us "old and confused" and say there is a> > generation gap.> >> > ...and how old do you think I am ???.> >> >> >> >> >> >> > This man would be only 58 years old!