RemedySpot.com

Dry Skin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Heidi, Do you keep a calendar to know what to use and when?? LOL Boy, I

don't think I'd ever keep track. LOL I do use only Dove and Oil of Olay

though, I was told the same thing. Thanks for all the helpful info.

love ya

Hi may I put me 2 cents in here about try skin please. As you all know I do not have RP but have a lot of other health problems.The funny part of that is that I also take a lot of Medicine you all take for your RP. I had a real bad problem with dry Skin so bad my hands where always bleeding. Well here I go again of what I learnt from the Mayo Clinic. I was told NOT to use any soap except " Dove " and " Olay."

Switching back and fort. one week this next week that one. And always right after washing hands to use a Lotion. When I do my house work and have my hands in water a lot I use Vaseline intensive care Lotion.Very good and cheap. At night after my bath I use "Nivea Body Lotion " Extra enriched lotion. It is in a Blue Bottle on my Body but not on my face and arms.For my face and arms and Hands I use Oil of Olay .Not so cheap. :( I am proud to say this is keeping the Problem under control. Also if you like to take a nice warm soaking Bath add some Baby oil into the water.

The other thing you might want to watch for is.

You Fabric softener. Now I can NOT use Snuggle Fabric softener. And neither can Don. So I use Downy. Yes this was also part of the problem plus of course all the darn Medicine I have to take.Gosh I wished I could get all my money back from all the Prescription creams I tried for so many years. Wow I would be a RB

LOL (Rich bitch ) Just remember you got to use it

everyday.Especially in the winter time.I hope this helps you too. Ok I go back in my little corner now. LOL But hey wait a minute one more thing. Please Remember take your Medicine and Vitamins ON TIME everyday so you can get the RP back in it sleeping mood too. Love you all.

Mrs. Nosey

Heidi Main wrote:

Hi may I put me 2 cents in here about try skin please. As you all know I do not have RP but have a lot of other health problems.The funny part of that is that I also take a lot of Medicine you all take for your RP. I had a real bad problem with dry Skin so bad my hands where always bleeding. Well here I go again of what I learnt from the Mayo Clinic. I was told NOT to use any soap except " Dove " and " Olay."

Switching back and fort. one week this next week that one. And always right after washing hands to use a Lotion. When I do my house work and have my hands in water a lot I use Vaseline intensive care Lotion.Very good and cheap. At night after my bath I use "Nivea Body Lotion " Extra enriched lotion. It is in a Blue Bottle on my Body but not on my face and arms.For my face and arms and Hands I use Oil of Olay .Not so cheap. :( I am proud to say this is keeping the Problem under control. Also if you like to take a nice warm soaking Bath add some Baby oil into the water.

The other thing you might want to watch for is.

You Fabric softener. Now I can NOT use Snuggle Fabric softener. And neither can Don. So I use Downy. Yes this was also part of the problem plus of course all the darn Medicine I have to take.Gosh I wished I could get all my money back from all the Prescription creams I tried for so many years. Wow I would be a RB

LOL (Rich bitch ) Just remember you got to use it

everyday.Especially in the winter time.I hope this helps you too. Ok I go back in my little corner now. LOL But hey wait a minute one more thing. Please Remember take your Medicine and Vitamins ON TIME everyday so you can get the RP back in it sleeping mood too. Love you all.

Mrs. Nosey

DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

• 1 year later...

I, too, am a dry skin sufferer. The diabetes has made it even worse,

unfortunately. I've been using all the Aveeno products for years, face

cleanser, 24 hour dry skin lotion, soap, oatmeal soaks, etc. My husband

loves their shaving products, too. That's a wonderful idea about the sock full

of oatmeal....I never would have thought of that, and it's such an economical

idea, also. Great for all of those socks that have lost their mates, eh?

Thanks for the suggestion!

With hope and prayers,

Heidi

Heidi H. Griffeth

South Carolina

SC & SE Regional Rep.

PAI, Intl.

Note: All comments or advice are personal opinion only, and

should not be substituted for professional medical consultation.

I too suffer from some type of skin disorder. I believe that it is

from hereditary pancreatitis, a few months back someone posted a

link to describe a type of dermatitis related to hp, I researched it

and went to a dermatologist who was unwilling to do the blood work,

told me I took to many showers. What a joke I was so sick then I got

a shower once a week. His orders were ONLY dove soap, and to not use

it on my legs or body only in the " smelly " areas and to take a

shower no more than every 4 days. Oh btw I still have the stupid

rash, I just live with it, my diagnosis Severe dry skin.

Atwell LPN