RemedySpot.com

Painting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Somehow I don't think this is just a hypothetical question... :-) . I think it would depend on what restrictions your doctor has given you regarding having your arms overhead to paint above you, climbing a ladder (which would not be a good idea), and bending. If you are just painting an area that requires none of the above, it might not be a problem.

Peggy

[ ] Painting

Anyone have any ideas about restrictions on painting a bedroom (or living room or bathroom…) wall at nearly 5 ½ months post op? Say a person wanted to help her husband paint, otherwise the job might never get done, and the walls would continue to display….for months…various multi-colored splotches of paint that were swiped on the walls to sample the color….? Not that I know anyone who’s considering doing this, mind you (;-D)…Just askin’. You never know when a flatback person, newly revised, might come into my neighborhood one day, knock on my door, and ask me this question. I just want to be prepared.

Guest guest

If that hypothetical person can help with the job without bending, twisting, lifting more than her doctor has given as a limit, or break any other "thou shalt nots", why not? Just remember to be careful, and if you have a brace wear it as a reminder. Remember, the walls will still be there when this person is 12 months post-op and ok'd for bending and lifting, and getting to that point is the most important thing!

Sharon

[ ] Painting

Anyone have any ideas about restrictions on painting a bedroom (or living room or bathroom…) wall at nearly 5 ½ months post op? Say a person wanted to help her husband paint, otherwise the job might never get done, and the walls would continue to display….for months…various multi-colored splotches of paint that were swiped on the walls to sample the color….? Not that I know anyone who’s considering doing this, mind you (;-D)…Just askin’. You never know when a flatback person, newly revised, might come into my neighborhood one day, knock on my door, and ask me this question. I just want to be prepared.

Guest guest

Oh yeah, there

is that whole “no bending, no lifting, no twisting” thing. And the

brace. You definitely bring up some good reminders, Sharon.

Yep, if that silly woman comes to my door I’ll suggest she just do the

fun part and paint the middle of the wall so she doesn’t have to bend or

twist. Or maybe even better, I can suggest she just sit back and “supervise”

as her husband and son (well, you know, I mean if she has a husband and son, of

course) as they do the painting. I’m sure her husband and son (again,

given they exists) will be thrilled at the prospect of that situation. Come to

think of it, it might get the painting done more quickly—just to get it

over with.

Thanks!

Green

Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 5:11

PM

Subject: Re: [ ]

Painting

If that hypothetical person can help with the job without

bending, twisting, lifting more than her doctor has given as a limit, or break

any other " thou shalt nots " , why not? Just remember to be

careful, and if you have a brace wear it as a reminder. Remember, the

walls will still be there when this person is 12 months post-op and ok'd for

bending and lifting, and getting to that point is the most important thing!

Sharon

[ ]

Painting

Anyone have any ideas about restrictions on painting

a bedroom (or living room or bathroom…) wall at nearly 5 ½ months post

op? Say a person wanted to help her husband paint, otherwise the job might

never get done, and the walls would continue to display….for

months…various multi-colored splotches of paint that were swiped on the

walls to sample the color….? Not that I know anyone who’s

considering doing this, mind you (;-D)…Just askin’. You never know

when a flatback person, newly revised, might come into my neighborhood one day,

knock on my door, and ask me this question. I just want to be prepared.

Guest guest

Dadgummit,

Peggy, you’re right. I guess I’d better just phone him and find out

from him. Guess I should have just done that in the first place.

I don’t

know, when others post, I can think of solutions to offer that make sense and

that are safe for them. I don’t seem to have trouble processing thoughts

and performing sound reasoning skills during those times. And I see so many postings

from you and others that offer good advice, etc. But when it comes to me, and

how I think about myself and my own abilities/limitations, I swear I’m

truly clueless. It’s like I’m facing a blank wall when I try to

think of solutions for myself. Utter nonsense.

Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 5:02

PM

Painting

Somehow

I don't think this is just a hypothetical question... :-) . I think

it would depend on what restrictions your doctor has given you regarding having

your arms overhead to paint above you, climbing a ladder (which would not be a

good idea), and bending. If you are just painting an area that

requires none of the above, it might not be a problem.

Peggy

Guest guest

I know exactly what you mean. I can't think of solutions for myself but others can especially my PT! I found out I need a new computer chair ASAP. I sit on the edge of this one, always have, because the chair is too big for me. I need to get a chair that fits my body and has adjustable seat and arms. He said this chair was not doing me any good because I'm not able to relax my back against the chair while typing. I've also been getting stuck in the squat position and he showed me NOT to get in that position but to do down on one knee which I find much harder to do. I can squat easily, I just can't get up afterward especially with the brace on!

I see my GYN tomorrow so it will be interesting to see how that goes on the exam table. I had an abnormal pap last time and was supposed to go last month. I just wasn't ready to go through it after the surgery so waited until now. Hopefully this one will come out fine.

Peggy

RE: [ ] Painting

Dadgummit, Peggy, you’re right. I guess I’d better just phone him and find out from him. Guess I should have just done that in the first place.

I don’t know, when others post, I can think of solutions to offer that make sense and that are safe for them. I don’t seem to have trouble processing thoughts and performing sound reasoning skills during those times. And I see so many postings from you and others that offer good advice, etc. But when it comes to me, and how I think about myself and my own abilities/limitations, I swear I’m truly clueless. It’s like I’m facing a blank wall when I try to think of solutions for myself. Utter nonsense.

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Peggy GreeneSent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 5:02 PM Subject: Re: [ ] Painting

Somehow I don't think this is just a hypothetical question... :-) . I think it would depend on what restrictions your doctor has given you regarding having your arms overhead to paint above you, climbing a ladder (which would not be a good idea), and bending. If you are just painting an area that requires none of the above, it might not be a problem.

Peggy

Guest guest

You could always supervise and then do some pretty stenciling about chair rail height.

Peggy

[ ] Painting

Guest guest

Peggy, Ann Marie

had a good suggestion about Googling “ergonomic office furniture”

to find desks, chairs, items, etc. that will meet our needs. My husband brought

home an office chair several weeks back that reclines. It’s been so

helpful to me. I can either sit back in it or lie back with my wireless

keyboard on my lap. I, too, have that same bad habit of sitting on the edge of

the chair even when it’s a good fit. We need to break that habit. I find

when I start hurting, it does seem to help remind me that I’m not using

good posture and am not sitting correctly. So pain helps in this case!

Since I can’t

get down to see what brand it is, I’ll ask my husband when he gets home. I’m

sure there are several good ones out there though. Even better ergonomic ones.

I’m hoping

all your tests at the GYN come out beautifully normal. You know, maybe having

such a heavy period following surgery, while annoying to us at the time, has a

beneficial effect. Like a naturally occurring D & C. I know that’s a

stretch, but you never know. If you’re okay with doing so, let us know

how it goes.

Kay

Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 6:34

PM

Painting

I know

exactly what you mean. I can't think of solutions for myself but others

can especially my PT! I found out I need a new computer chair ASAP.

I sit on the edge of this one, always have, because the chair is too big for

me. I need to get a chair that fits my body and has adjustable seat and

arms. He said this chair was not doing me any good because I'm not able

to relax my back against the chair while typing. I've also been getting

stuck in the squat position and he showed me NOT to get in that position but to

do down on one knee which I find much harder to do. I can squat easily, I

just can't get up afterward especially with the brace on!

I see

my GYN tomorrow so it will be interesting to see how that goes on the exam

table. I had an abnormal pap last time and was supposed to go last

month. I just wasn't ready to go through it after the surgery so waited

until now. Hopefully this one will come out fine.

Peggy

Re: [ ]

Painting

Somehow I don't think this is

just a hypothetical question... :-) . I think it would depend on

what restrictions your doctor has given you regarding having your arms overhead

to paint above you, climbing a ladder (which would not be a good idea), and

bending. If you are just painting an area that requires none of the

above, it might not be a problem.

Peggy

Guest guest

One thing about painting, is there are adaptive tools out there, most importantly an extension handle you can put on your paint roller. I think as long as you're very aware of your body mechanics you could cover quite a bit of wall space without doing anything potentially damaging to your newly repaired back.

Sharon

Dadgummit, Peggy, you’re right. I guess I’d better just phone him and find out from him. Guess I should have just done that in the first place.

I don’t know, when others post, I can think of solutions to offer that make sense and that are safe for them. I don’t seem to have trouble processing thoughts and performing sound reasoning skills during those times. And I see so many postings from you and others that offer good advice, etc. But when it comes to me, and how I think about myself and my own abilities/limitations, I swear I’m truly clueless. It’s like I’m facing a blank wall when I try to think of solutions for myself. Utter nonsense.

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Peggy GreeneSent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 5:02 PM Subject: Re: [ ] Painting

Peggy

Guest guest

I didn't have to worry about that.........I've had a hysterectomy! All I have left is my ovaries! Yes, I had an abnormal pap of vaginal tissue last time. The colposcopy came back normal but we'll see what the followup today shows.

Peggy

Peggy

• 10 months later...
Guest guest

My youngest son got a helmet a few weeks ago & I wanted to have it

painted. I wanted a professional to do it because I would mess it up if

I did it. Can anyone tell me where I can get this done in the

Waterbury, CT area?

Guest guest

I don't know of anyone in the area but check with your local motorcycle

shop, they might know of some custom helmet painters.

Molly

Novato, California

Nicolas, 2.5, tort & plagio, STARband (CIRS Oakland) 4/24/06-9/12/06,

Graduate!

, 5

, 8.5

Painting

My youngest son got a helmet a few weeks ago & I wanted to have it

painted. I wanted a professional to do it because I would mess it up if

I did it. Can anyone tell me where I can get this done in the

Waterbury, CT area?

------------------------------------

For more plagio info

Guest guest

I went to a custom helmet motorcycle shop and that is where we got the bad airbrushing. I spent a great deal of money for nothing. Tammy

From: Foley, Molly <mafoley@...>Subject: RE: PaintingPlagiocephaly Date: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 1:41 PM

I don't know of anyone in the area but check with your local motorcycleshop, they might know of some custom helmet painters.MollyNovato, CaliforniaNicolas, 2.5, tort & plagio, STARband (CIRS Oakland) 4/24/06-9/12/ 06,Graduate!, 5, 8.5 PaintingMy youngest son got a helmet a few weeks ago & I wanted to have it painted. I wanted a professional to do it because I would mess it up if I did it. Can anyone tell me where I can get

this done in the Waterbury, CT area? ------------ --------- --------- ------For more plagio info, go to www.plagiocephaly. org/support

• 1 year later...

>

> Hello Bee, I've been painting the last few days. It is my second time doing

it since being on the diet. I'm using non-toxic paint and primer. I've noticed

that every time I paint, I gain weight. It's like an estrogen response. Should

I be concerned? I don't like the weight gain. I specifically bought the

expensive non-toxic paint so that it would be safe to use. Any thoughts? Is

this hurting me?

>

+++Hi Care. That's up to you to decide.

Bee