RemedySpot.com

Sharyn

Rate this topic

Guest guest

One thing I have found that sorta upset me was the lateste information about RP and symptoms. Dang it could have been written about me. All of these years seeing doctor after doctor who did nothing but look at me like I was nuts or a Hypochondriac made me so angry I cried. Takes a lot to make me cry and normally the only time is when I have been pushed to the end.

I also felt the same way as you. It took them over 2 years to find out I had RP. The last visit to my PCP before I was diagnosed made me feel like I was also a hypochondriac. There was definitely something wrong but all the tests came back normal which happens. I had facial swelling, iriitis in the eye, nose swelling, feeling sick all the time, etc, etc.

It settled in my ear which is how they found out I had it & admitted me to the hospital. My first visit with my PCP after I got out, I told her that we had to clear the air because I could not deal with a Dr. that thought I was nuts. She said that on the previoius visit I was feeling her frustration because she knew there was something not right but could not put her finger on it. We both wound up crying but at least it cleared the air.

This is not an easy disease to go through since we are all unique individuals when it comes to RP. The trial & error with medications is the pits. The pred is so rough. It has caused so many problems for me & others. I don't have diabetes but my sugars are all over the board.

This site is the best thing that ever happened to me because there are people who truly understand & can sympathize with you because they are all in the same boat. There is someone out there who has some of the same problems.

Keep your chin up & take it a day at a time.

Susiecue