RemedySpot.com

Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, it's question girl again!!

Anyway, here's the deal. I have this really nasty cough and wheeze. I was running a low grade fever of 99.3, for me that is a fever, yesterday. No one has told me yet if my asthma IS asthma or RP. I had a flow loop study done and the pulmonologist said "no floppy airways." So that was good news. This is my question: RP can cause inflammation in the airways like asthma BEFORE they become floppy, right? If that is the case, how do they know if it is RP or asthma, or like they are telling me now, bronchitis? If it is RP that is causing the wheeze, then antibiotics will not help, right? I am already on 30 mg of pred and really don't want more, but I also don't want to hear in a few years, "Oh, now your airways are floppy!" Does this make sense to anyone? I'm not even sure it makes sense to me. LOL! Any help would be appreciated.

Also does anyone else ever get bruises over their joints? A few weeks ago the knuckles of my thumb and pinky finger of my left hand were stinging and burning and then they bruised. It was almost like the blood vessels welled-up and then burst over the knuckle. The joints stayed sore for days. Weirdness... Has this happened to anyone else. It has happened before and it was before the pred, so I don't think that's it...

Well, that's all the weirdness I can muster for now... Thanks for your patience!

Kathleen (Tx)