RemedySpot.com

Hi and update on Pete

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Friends--- Sorry and so sad to read about Ute..she and her family are in my prayers as you all are everyday. For the newbies...I'm Janet and it is my husabnd Pete who has RP. Pete fell Jan 3rd and hurt his back..the wonderful docs in the hospital told us "no fractures"..it's pulled muscles...well I took him home on Jan 5th because I was afraid they would kill him...couldn't get his meds straight...anyway after he got home..he got worse and worse...got a wonderful Visiting nurse service and we all decidided that something ain't right...so took 3 weeks to get Medicare to approve transportation by stretcher for an MRI......well Lo and Behold poor Pete has 7, yes seven compressed fractures of his spine...the good news is that since we found this out and he's getting proper physcial therapy he is so much better..poor guy has been in bed for 5 weeks(and before that weas living in the recliner) and will finally try with the therapists to transfer to a wheelchair next week. We had his blood work done and all is well,,,no flares...I was afraid the stress of the news about the fractures would trigger one. Okay, my dears, enough from me........BTW....YOUR DAUGHTERS ARE IN MY PRAYERS...AND HOW THE HECK IS dON, mISS hEIDI???? Love youall Janet

Guest guest

Janet, I'm so glad that Pete is better. I love the way you and Heidi take care of your guys. You and Pete are always in my prayers and thanks for letting us hear.

Jo

Hi and update on PeteDear Friends--- Sorry and so sad to read about Ute..she and her family are in my prayers as you all are everyday. For the newbies...I'm Janet and it is my husabnd Pete who has RP. Pete fell Jan 3rd and hurt his back..the wonderful docs in the hospital told us " no fractures " ..it's pulled muscles...well I took him home on Jan 5th because I was afraid they would kill him...couldn't get his meds straight...anyway after he got home..he got worse and worse...got a wonderful Visiting nurse service and we all decidided that something ain't right...so took 3 weeks to get Medicare to approve transportation by stretcher for an MRI......well Lo and Behold poor Pete has 7, yes seven compressed fractures of his spine...the good news is that since we found this out and he's getting proper physcial therapy he is so much better..poor guy has been in bed for 5 weeks(and before that weas living in the recliner) and will finally try with the therapists to transfer to a wheelchair next week. We had his blood work done and all is well,,,no flares...I was afraid the stress of the news about the fractures would trigger one. Okay, my dears, enough from me........BTW....YOUR DAUGHTERS ARE IN MY PRAYERS...AND HOW THE HECK IS dON, mISS hEIDI???? Love youall Janet DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

Janet, I have missed you so much.!!!! Gosh I'm so glad that Pete is doing

better. I have had you both in my prayers. How are YOU doing?? I bet you

are really tired from worry. It is wonderful news that Pete isn't flaring.

I bet you are really taking great care of him. You are his rock.

Don and Miss Heidi are onery as ever. LOL Don't know what we'd do without

them.

Please take care and give Pete a hug for me.

Glad to have you back.

hugs

Guest guest

Janet,

So glad to hear Pete finaly got the right DX. and is improving.

Happy to hear he is not flaring.

Hugs,

SandyDear Friends--- Sorry and so sad to read about Ute..she and her family are in my prayers as you all are everyday. For the newbies...I'm Janet and it is my husabnd Pete who has RP. Pete fell Jan 3rd and hurt his back..the wonderful docs in the hospital told us "no fractures"..it's pulled muscles...well I took him home on Jan 5th because I was afraid they would kill him...couldn't get his meds straight...anyway after he got home..he got worse and worse...got a wonderful Visiting nurse service and we all decidided that something ain't right...so took 3 weeks to get Medicare to approve transportation by stretcher for an MRI......well Lo and Behold poor Pete has 7, yes seven compressed fractures of his spine...the good news is that since we found this out and he's getting proper physcial therapy he is so much better..poor guy has been in bed for 5 weeks(and before that weas living in the recliner) and will finally try with the therapists to transfer to a wheelchair next week. We had his blood work done and all is well,,,no flares...I was afraid the stress of the news about the fractures would trigger one. Okay, my dears, enough from me........BTW....YOUR DAUGHTERS ARE IN MY PRAYERS...AND HOW THE HECK IS dON, mISS hEIDI???? Love youall Janet DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

Janet, I'm so glad to hear that Pete is doing better, I'll bet that is not an experience he wants to repeat anytime soon! It is truly wonderful that he did not start to flare again after the fall. And it's a miracle that you haven't had a nervous breakdown! Love, Judy O Hi and update on Pete Dear Friends--- Sorry and so sad to read about Ute..she and her family are in my prayers as you all are everyday. For the newbies...I'm Janet and it is my husabnd Pete who has RP. Pete fell Jan 3rd and hurt his back..the wonderful docs in the hospital told us "no fractures"..it's pulled muscles...well I took him home on Jan 5th because I was afraid they would kill him...couldn't get his meds straight...anyway after he got home..he got worse and worse...got a wonderful Visiting nurse service and we all decidided that something ain't right...so took 3 weeks to get Medicare to approve transportation by stretcher for an MRI......well Lo and Behold poor Pete has 7, yes seven compressed fractures of his spine...the good news is that since we found this out and he's getting proper physcial therapy he is so much better..poor guy has been in bed for 5 weeks(and before that weas living in the recliner) and will finally try with the therapists to transfer to a wheelchair next week. We had his blood work done and all is well,,,no flares...I was afraid the stress of the news about the fractures would trigger one. Okay, my dears, enough from me........BTW....YOUR DAUGHTERS ARE IN MY PRAYERS...AND HOW THE HECK IS dON, mISS hEIDI???? Love youall Janet DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU