RemedySpot.com

Fw: VIRUS ALERT

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It seems we have a new alert every week, and I have no idea how legitimate this one is, but better safe than sorry. Love, Judy VIRUS ALERTBIGGGG TROUBLE !!!! DO NOT OPEN "WTC Survivor" It is a virusthat will erase your whole "C" drive. It will come to you in the form ofanE-Mail from a familiar person. I repeat a friend sent it to me, butcalledand warned me before I opened it. He was not so lucky and now he can'teven start his computer! Forward this to everyone in your address book.I would rather receive this 25 times than not at all. If you receive anemail called "WTC Survivor" do not open it. Delete it right away! Thisvirus removes all dynamic link libraries (.dll files) from yourcomputer. This is a serious one.---------------------------------------------------------------------------This message (including any attachments) is confidential and maybe privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify thesender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Anyunauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or inpart is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptibleto change. ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (including its group companies)shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission ofthe information contained in this communication nor for any delay inits receipt or damage to your system. ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (or itsgroup companies) does not guarantee that the integrity of thiscommunication has been maintained nor that this communication isfree of viruses, interceptions or interference.---------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another one! I don't know about you guys, but I am getting heartily sick of these! Love, Judy VIRUS ALERT> > DO NOT OPEN "W32.Myparty.B@mm"> It may come to you saying something like: > "new photos from my party!" or "myparty.photos.yahoo.com "> This is a Worm virus that will send email to all contacts in your> Windows address book, and to email addresses that if finds in the> Outlook Inboxes and folders. > Please let me or Cara know if you get this email and make sure you> delete it from your deleted items.> > Thanks,> Kerrie :-)>

Hi Judy,

If you ever have any question about viruses just go to the Norton or Mac Affee websites. They will tell you if it is a hoax or not and if you should email people about it. The hoaxsters are playing on our fears and getting a kick out of it, those little stinkers.

Elaine

VIRUS AL DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU