RemedySpot.com

Dawn

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Dawn:

Sorry you're feeling badly. I feel the same way. I just can't get well & on my feet. Talked to the PCP last night & told her I have only had 3 weeks since Sept. when I was diagnosed, that I have felt good. She said unfortunately with it being relapsing it comes back. Of course the holidays came & none of us overdid or anything. I thought it was the best thing when they put me back in the hospital the day after Christmas for the lump & swelling on the left side of my face because it made me rest. I have been so good about taking it easy but it just isn't working. I went up to 70 mg of pred a day on Sunday from 60 because my right eyelid swelled & my throat has been swelling.

Thank God for who has been emailing me. She's helped me keep my head screwed on straight.

My PCP called me again today after checking on the MRI I had done of the brain during the summer trying to figure out why I keep getting these dizzy spells. There are some ischemic changes but they are related to high blood pressure. She is sending me to a neurologist since the MRI & an echo done during the summer also were okay. She said the disease does affect the brain.

I still have the swelling in the left side of my face & will confront the rheumy on Monday. Somebody has to do something. Hopefully the sinus infection will be gone so I can start the Imuran.

Why bother resting, taking your meds on time & all the other stuff if you still feel like shit & nothing is working. I am so disgusted & depressed. I know there is no fast cure all for this but gee whiz what do you gotta do to feel better. At least there is a bright spot & that is that we're not in this alone.

Take care of yourself & try to feel better & know you're not alone, I feel the same way.

Susiecue