RemedySpot.com

No biopsy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well went to the hospital today for the biopsy. The Dr. had me lie on my right side since the mass was on the left & did some preliminary cat scans. He told me that because of where it was located he might knick the lung & as long as it didn't deflate more than a certain degree it would be okay but if it went more they would have to put a chest tube in & I'd have to stay a couple of days. He came into the room after taking the pictures & said he had good news he did not have to do the biopsy.

Just talked to my PCP & she told me that he assured her last week that it was easy to get at & wouldn't be a problem. Then today he said it was small & stuck between the ribs & would be very difficult to do. She was very disappointed although I am relieved. The chances of it being cancer are very slim. They are going to repeat a cat scan in 3 months to see if it's grown.

Now we just have to figure out what to do about my breathing. I am so short of breath & my breathing is so labored. I know there are no blood clots but the PCP is wondering if it is a type of pneumonia although I am not running a fever. She was going to have an echo done to see if it is heart related but I just had one done in Sept. & it was okay. She is considering breathing tests but I had some about a year ago. She really hates to put me through more tests since I've been through so much. She will talk to the rheumy & I will see him on Thurs & talk to her on Friday. The weight gain is playing a big part in the breathing but as long as I'm on the high dose steroids there is nothing I can do. I do not eat anything different & the Dr. said it is a difficult thing to go through. I was not a size 10 to begin with so it makes it even harder. Like I said the other day you all look so slim & trim.

This sucks big time. I just want to feel somewhat normal. I am so sick of sitting in the chair but it's such a challenge to do anything since I can't walk far because of my legs & back & the shortness of breath. I don't even care if I feel as good as I did in October. I would take even feeling half as good.

Well, will keep you posted as to what they are going to do with me. My right arm looks like a pin cusion. I've had blood drawn twice, cat scan with IV contrast, the fluroseen angiogram with contrast yesterday & the iv today. I have terrible veins so I usually try to get them to use the vein for blood drawing for everything.

Thanks for listening.

Susiecue