RemedySpot.com

CT scan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Talked to both the rheumy & PCP this morning after they talked to each other about my x-ray Friday & my breathing. The PCP sent me to the hospital for a CT scan. There are no blood clots in the lungs which they were afraid it might be what is causing the breathing difficulties. It did show a mass between the heart & thyroid which is just the spot where they saw something on the x-rays done at the PCP office on Friday. My PCP doesn't quite understand the terminology or type of mass it is so she is going to see the radiologist at the hospital tomorrow & then call me. She doesn't just want to have someone go and stick a needle in for a biopsy until she gets a better handle on what it is.

She was very angry that they didn't do the CT scan on Friday when I was at the hospital. The ER Dr. was made aware of the fact that I have RP & he remembers me from when I was admitted the day after Christmas with the lump on my face. The PCP said that's the problem with most Dr's that aren't treating me because they just don't understand what's going on. I think she has been boning up on what is going on with the disease so she is prepared to handle me.

I am convinced the rheumy was not listening to me yesterday because he said this morning he did not realize I went through the ER Friday. This is so frustrating, but I have all these other issues I have to deal with that I just don't have the strength to argue with him. The PCP said they will address the edema but she is more concerned with my breathing at this moment.

I think the Imuran might be starting to kick in. My left ear is better, just a teensy bit sore, hardly at all although my right eye lid is swollen. Will find out more next week.

Will keep you posted as to what transpires tomorrow.

Luv ya,

Susiecue