RemedySpot.com

Re: experience question`michelle

Rate this topic

Guest guest

michelle

i don't know if this will help or not, but as i was coming off the pred, i experienced more pain for a while. then after i adjusted to the lower dose, the pain was lessened. Sort of like they say you will do with tylenol if you take them all the time for headache you will experience rebound pain. I thinkt thats what we do with the pred. Our bodies get so use to it that as we come down off of it we will experience rebound pain. Allow your body to adjust to the dose, unless you start getting into real trouble, like swelling or breathing problems, if you do that then call your doc right away.

as long as all you feel is the rebound pain, give your self a little time to adjust then see what happens.

don't know if this makes sence or not. but hope it helps

dawn

mmjw3 wrote: Hello!I am down to 35 mg. of Pred. this week, and am finding that I am hurting around my rib cage, especially the back, where I seem to have some minor pain, no matter how much pred. I'm on. But, it is definitely more uncomfortable than it's been. My question is, am I kind of destined to feel some discomfort as I decrease the Pred., even though I'm on the metho., or should there be no discomfort? I haven't had any completely pain or discomfort free days since getting this in December, but the level of ongoing discomfort is higher today than it has been in the last few weeks.??DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU