RemedySpot.com

My ortho visit

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Went to the ortho today for my right leg which I ruptured the achilles tendon on. He said I am up the creek without a paddle. Surgery is out because of the pred & the disease because it won't heal. A cast is not an option which I thought they were going to do today. but because of my feet swelling he said I had a real strong chance of developing a blood clot. If I was younger & didn't have the disease I might have options. He said to keep walking with the cane but to use it with my left hand rather than right. The rheumy talked to him right before he came in so he knew what my situation was Plus I had a ton of MRI films. So the game plan is to take it easy & not overstress the right leg. It will heal but it will be slow going. At least I still have my limited mobility & I can drive to have lunch with friends which is what keeps me half way sane. As you know shopping or anything like that where I am on my feet for more than 5 minutes is out of the question because of the pred messing up my back. I wait for Ted to take me if I really want to go because then he can push me in the wheelchair.

I am down to 30 mg of pred & took my 3rd dose of methotrexate today. Stomach is a little more queasy but I can handle it. Having problems with the dizziness again. Will get in to see the ENT about the vertigo that the Neurologist mentioned. It's not the regular kind, (why be different) but the room spins when I lay down & the ears are constantly ringing. I have just not been in the mood to go. I know going will help a lot of my problems because I have also been stumbling a lot lately. Sort of like around the holidays when I kept falling off chairs.

Well that's my latest. Will keep you updated on what's going on. Go to the PCP & rheumy next week.

Luv ya,

Susiecue

Guest guest

Susiecue, I know about the household chores. Rich and the girls have to do

anything that requires upper body strength. I can't mop or vacuum. I can

clean the bathtubs or change my beds.

I don't get dizzy, but have not strength and get short of breath really easy.

I tried to mop yesterday and just barely made it.. Can put the clothes in

the washer but cant take them out wet. LOL Boy it sounds like I'm milking it

huh.? I really wish I could do all the things I always had. Boy I use to

do all the painting in the house, paint the outside fences, refinish

furniture, I did it all and loved it. I really miss my old life.

My hips and back bother me most when walking or sitting for a long time.

Standing it the worst for my back and feet.

My dr has never said anything. I see my rheumy on Thurs I will ask them.

You would think between two that one would have an answer. LOL

If I hear of anything, I will let you know.

hugs

claudia