RemedySpot.com

Re: and all-Throat involvement questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

That is a good question I was wondering the same thing but have never been hoarse. I know in the mornings my voice is deeper than it is during the day!LOL One of my friends calls and says it doesn't sound like you have shaved today yet!LOL Do others have this? Oh gosh here we go on another of our surveys!LOL At least we are learning from each other.

Take care and am waiting to hear what is said.

Lots of love

Glenda

I'm on my way Glenda..... It is 11am here and I'm still in my PJ"s. Let's just have a jammy party today. I'm not feeling much better. My throat is the pits. Can't hardly talk. Am on Antibiotics hope it goes away soon. I have a question for you guys. When your throat is involved with RP. how does it feel. I have had hardly any voice for a few days, but don't feel sick. Any input? I have been lowering my pred and was wondering if this was maybe a flare.

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

One of my first complaints prior to diagnosis was hoarseness, followed by dry, hacky, unproductive coughing. I have a lot of pulmonary involvement with tracheomalasia and bronchiomalasia but occasionally - usually while trying to decrease Prednisone - I get some laryngeal involvement and the hoarseness is worse. I wouldn't say it feels like a sore throat, but it is more of a strained, tight feeling, and I can feel the stridor in my throat when breathing. This past November, while at Mayo, there was no permanent damage in my larynx (per the bronchoscopy), but the doctor wants a follow-up with a MAYO ENT when I go back in April. Every once in a while I seem to get my old voice back, but singing in the choir is definitely out. I'm glad I saved all of the greetings on my answering system on the home phone and my cell phone so I know what I sounded like...I miss that sound! If you haven't experienced this before, you might want to have it checked before any permanent damage is done.

That is a good question I was wondering the same thing but have never been hoarse. I know in the mornings my voice is deeper than it is during the day!LOL One of my friends calls and says it doesn't sound like you have shaved today yet!LOL Do others have this? Oh gosh here we go on another of our surveys!LOL At least we are learning from each other.

Lots of love

Glenda

I'm on my way Glenda..... It is 11am here and I'm still in my PJ"s. Let's just have a jammy party today. I'm not feeling much better. My throat is the pits. Can't hardly talk. Am on Antibiotics hope it goes away soon. I have a question for you guys. When your throat is involved with RP. how does it feel. I have had hardly any voice for a few days, but don't feel sick. Any input? I have been lowering my pred and was wondering if this was maybe a flare.

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

I too have had hoarseness as one of my first problems, but two of my jobs strain my voice by yelling at people (kindly of course!). But when it got scratchy also, my ENT did say my larynx was inflamed. It really started bugging me when it felt like I had a lump in my throat. This was all a few years ago. But lately, I've actually had burning and real pain in my throat, have come to find out I have a "floppy" epiglottis, and when I talk, I either am very hoarse, or my voice is very wobbly, like my vocal cords aren't tight enough. It's kinda scary, because my Ent did say that this could take out my voice. I'm trying to be very careful not to overuse it. Thank God for email!

I so much hope this isn't a flare for you! Try to rest your voice. I was forced to not speak for 2 days after my biopsy, and it made a difference that it was actually stronger for awhile afterward.

Take good care of yourself!

Carol G

Lots of love

Glenda

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU