it once he has found a medication I can tollerate. He did tell me

about the side affects...the thinning hair thing...with my luck I'll

be bald in a week...right now my hair sucks anyway so will just do

what ever I have to. He also told me there are two medications that

I will NOT beale to take...both are antibiotics...one is Septra (my

daughter was on that for over a year due to urinary infectoins) and

the other is Bactrium...

Got the blood work down today and will get the medication to start

taking first of next week. Let's hope it works.

Got my handicap card in the mail yesterday so will use it only when

I'm hurting real bad. Feel a little guilty for having one, but

there have been times I haven't gone anywhere because it was to much

for me to walk. Right now the hip bothers me off and on. Am

sleeping okay for now except for the night sweats.

It sorta funny how I can fee fine one minute and the next I feel

like crap. I'm like a damn yo yo and know that people just don't

understand. Today had a spell where I just wanted to put my head

down and take a nap. Of course that is out of the question at work.

Most likely will be taking off most of the day Friday so my husband

and I can go out to the base to get my military ID...register for

DEERS (so I can get medical etc at any base facility) then see if

there is a TRICARE/CHAMPUS office...that's the military health

insurance. Friday should be a busy day and I figure I'll feel like

crapola by the end of the day...

Was talking to my doctor about some of the stories about doctors

know knowing what RP was. He said he knew this, but most people are

better off with the Rheumy.. I told him that my ENT and Eye doctor

just didn't seem to interested in any problems I may have with my

inner ear or eyes. He said to keep pushing them because it " WAS "

very important. If worse comes to worse I'll just get a referral

from my primary. Sure hope she has her act together....the one I am

leaving I don't think ever had a friggen clue about my health. Nice

lady, but could have been a dump blonde...(sorry for the dumb blonde

thing, but hey...I was blonde in my younger days :) ).

Anyway, that about all on my appointments...Will be having my blood

work every two weeks and seeing hime every two weeks until he has me

on the right medication. Then he said we would cut it back to every

month..then every 6 months if all goes okay.

The trial and error has begun...hopfully it will not take to long to

find the right medication..then it will be the waiting game since I

understand it can take up to a year for someone to start feeling

better. As you all said...RP affects us all differently.

Hugs

Sharyn

Guest guest

Sharyn, I am on methotrexate (MTX) and have been for about two years now. God knows I haven't lost any hair, it's a bush! I have had problems with nausea, which generally pass once you are used to it. Also get a migraine every Tuesday (chemo day) at 4 o'clock, drs can't figure that one out! Other than those relatively minor things, I have no probs with the metho, and more importantly, I don't have any flares either! Still get the hot red ears occasionally, but not that often - besides it's hard to differentiate between them and my hot flashes anyway! If you can tolerate the metho, my rheumy says it's the most effective with the fewest side effects. Here's hoping you can take it with no problems. Hang in there! Love, Judy O Rheumy visit today outcome Hi allWell saw my Rheumy today and he will be starting me on a differentmedications...On the RX it says MTX. I'm sure you all will knowwhich one this is. Had to go and give blood again so they cancheckout my liver and kidneys. Already had the chest xray from theER visit so didn't have to do that one. Have to run those test andHepitis because from what he tells me this medicaiton can be alittle tuff on the liver and kidneys. He will start me on threepills one day a week. He's going to leave my Pred at 15mg for nowbecause of the hot flashes etc. I'm having and will begin to lowerit once he has found a medication I can tollerate. He did tell meabout the side affects...the thinning hair thing...with my luck I'llbe bald in a week...right now my hair sucks anyway so will just dowhat ever I have to. He also told me there are two medications thatI will NOT beale to take...both are antibiotics...one is Septra (mydaughter was on that for over a year due to urinary infectoins) andthe other is Bactrium...Got the blood work down today and will get the medication to starttaking first of next week. Let's hope it works.Got my handicap card in the mail yesterday so will use it only whenI'm hurting real bad. Feel a little guilty for having one, butthere have been times I haven't gone anywhere because it was to muchfor me to walk. Right now the hip bothers me off and on. Amsleeping okay for now except for the night sweats.It sorta funny how I can fee fine one minute and the next I feellike crap. I'm like a damn yo yo and know that people just don'tunderstand. Today had a spell where I just wanted to put my headdown and take a nap. Of course that is out of the question at work.Most likely will be taking off most of the day Friday so my husbandand I can go out to the base to get my military ID...register forDEERS (so I can get medical etc at any base facility) then see ifthere is a TRICARE/CHAMPUS office...that's the military healthinsurance. Friday should be a busy day and I figure I'll feel likecrapola by the end of the day...Was talking to my doctor about some of the stories about doctorsknow knowing what RP was. He said he knew this, but most people arebetter off with the Rheumy.. I told him that my ENT and Eye doctorjust didn't seem to interested in any problems I may have with myinner ear or eyes. He said to keep pushing them because it "WAS"very important. If worse comes to worse I'll just get a referralfrom my primary. Sure hope she has her act together....the one I amleaving I don't think ever had a friggen clue about my health. Nicelady, but could have been a dump blonde...(sorry for the dumb blondething, but hey...I was blonde in my younger days :) ).Anyway, that about all on my appointments...Will be having my bloodwork every two weeks and seeing hime every two weeks until he has meon the right medication. Then he said we would cut it back to everymonth..then every 6 months if all goes okay.The trial and error has begun...hopfully it will not take to long tofind the right medication..then it will be the waiting game since Iunderstand it can take up to a year for someone to start feelingbetter. As you all said...RP affects us all differently.HugsSharyn