RemedySpot.com

My latest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well I saw my PCP on Weds. for a follow up from the ER visit on Friday night & the facial swelling & lump I still have. Have been playing phone tag with the gastro guy for the bleeding. As far as the lump my PCP said it is part of the disease. Had an appt. scheduled with the ENT for next Friday & called today for the heck of it because the tenderness was going along the bottom of my jaw & up to the ear. We got an appt. & went over there. He is the one that originally saw me in the hospital.

He checked out the swelling & found a small stone that was partially blocking my salivary gland, which he took out. He thinks it might be some scar tissue which will subside in a few months if it is. My salivary gland is producing saliva nicely but he wants me to get some lemon drops & drink lots of liquids. I told him about the submandibular gland & he checked it out & said it was fine. He wants me to have a MRI of the head with contrast to see what's going on. He also suspects a sinus infection so I will be on Levaquin once again. The left side of my face is still almost twice the size of the right. He wants me to have some heart studies done & also to see a neurologist as far as the falling goes. He does not think it is related to my right ear which has scar tissue & is where the RP manifested. He is real up on the disease & does not discount anything I bring up about the RP site. He said to call anything I have questions or just come in if I feel I need to. I am very fortunate to have him.

Was supposed to go back to the Rheumy next Friday but if I'm on the Levaquin I don't know if he wants to start me on the Imuran until I'm finished. Had 3 Dr. appts. set up for Friday but since I saw the PCP & ENT those two are cancelled & maybe the Rheumy will be too for another week. I was going to have lunch with a friend between appts. but since I won't have any appts. I guess I can still have a lunch date & no worrying about rushing.

Bought a cane today which the rheumy & pcp want me to use when I'm out alone. This is getting to be difficult because I drive a full size truck & it is hard to pull myself into it because my legs are so weak. I will get a stool to use & then it won't be so hard. Saw an old neighbor at the store today who I have known for many years. We said hello but he had no clue who I was, so maybe what the dentist said about not recognizing me if he saw me on the street was true. It was a real bummer.

Well, that's my latest. Sorry for the long post. Am having mood swings also which has not happened since I first got sick. I have been resting all week though & plan to just keep on taking it easy so maybe I will feel better.

Susiecue